To circumcise or not to circumcise.... recommendations?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: To circumcise or not to circumcise.... recommendations?

Postby Q » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 am

Could make for some interesting art. Either way, welcome to hell.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40a_1347398249
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Q wrote:Could make for some interesting art. Either way, welcome to hell.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40a_1347398249

It's the silver top hat that makes it so creepy.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh cmon, how bad can it be. I figure all my ancestors, every last one of them, made it through with a kid or 17. It'll only be hell occasionally. Or maybe it's just all the seratonin and dopamine coursing through my system right now making me cheerful and optimistic. The effect is kind of spectacular. My friend told me that post-partum depression is "a lot like like withdrawal" from regular drugs, because nature really does keep women doped up, presumably an evolutionary adaptation to get you through the pregnancy without taking up professional bellyflopping as a sport.

Anyway, we've finally made a final decision, not to get the kid cut unless there are medical problems, but should any arise we'll do the deed even if he isn't old enough to offer any input. Thanks so much for your advice, I'm still not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but it's nice to know that guys are happy on both sides of the foreskin.

On an unrelated note, I think my new favorite flaky argument against circumcision is this one, offered by a very New Agey friend: The reason why USAmericans, Muslims, and Israelis are so violently fucked up is because we circumcise our men, which teaches them that the world is dangerous and painful, and it will cut off part of your dick, while you're helpless to do anything about it and your mother watches and smiles.

At first, I was like, "Man, I've heard some stupid shit this week, but this goes near the top of the list." But then, all that BS went down with that retarded movie bashing Muhammed and everyone freaking out and burning flags and killing ambassadors and whatnot, followed by assorted posts from my FB friends saying things like, "There go my brothers [the Marines] to exact RETRIBUTION from Libya. Semper Fi and GOD bless you." And now I'm like, "Hmmmmm....."
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Fenrisco » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:26 am

friendlyskies wrote:teaches them that the world is dangerous and painful, and it will cut off part of your dick, while you're helpless to do anything about it and your mother watches and smiles.

Sounds eminently reasonable. Getting slapped by the doc first thing out of the gate probably doesn't do us any favours either.

Incidentally (kook science alert) I suspect that creatine supplementation has a nootropic and mood-lifting effect - wonder if it's a worthwhile post-partum treatment.

friendlyskies wrote:all my ancestors, every last one of them, made it through with a kid

"The graveyard holds no fear for me, as I am descended from a long line of dead people"
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Fenrisco wrote:Incidentally (kook science alert) I suspect that creatine supplementation has a nootropic and mood-lifting effect - wonder if it's a worthwhile post-partum treatment.

I keep reading this stuff, too, but I bet post-partum depression has as much to do with watching your dreams die on the vine as it does with the dopamine/seratonin withdrawal. A bummer even for a 42yo, to be sure, but I was kind of over the travel writing thing anyway. At least for a while. My last big writing trip - Colombia and Venezuela - was less like an adventure and more like the daily grind. Fucking buses, you know? It was cool, don't get me wrong, especially the Hugo Chavez rally in VZ. But it's not like I'm a 25-year-old with five countries under my belt, about to abort a fetal travel career while sacrificing the most active and productive decades of my life on the altar of procreation. Often while watching the gentleman involved continue his own career unhindered. I wouldn't even call it post-partum depression, I'd call it "fat, exhausted, sore, and suddenly confined by biologically sensible but still unfair gender roles for the next several years" depression.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby michelle in alaska » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 am

Ooh. Probably too late, but.......circumsice...unless you dont have a suitable dr around in bumfuckegypt...which I didnt at the time. But wish I had.....
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Skirita » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 am

I'm relieved I don't have to have this argument with Mrs Skirita. I'm cut but I wouldn't do it to a son absent medical necessity. My wife, on the other hand, "doesn't like the way it looks" uncut. My sister didn't snip my nephew and my mother wanted to turn that into a massive family scandal, but she's got nothing better to do.

There's a site somewhere that lists famous "intact" men. You'd be surprised.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." - W.B. Yeats
Skirita
Malus In Se

Postby el3so » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Skirita wrote:My wife, on the other hand, "doesn't like the way it looks" uncut.
She is aware I hope that unlike hair, foreskin doesn't grow back?

Never understood the cosmetic argument unless one endeavours a career as a Play Girl centerfold.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby stealth1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:20 am

Dick cheese, also referred to as schmegma, is reason enough for me to have snipped both my kids. With my second son, the nurse told me, "you don't need to do this procedure," like I was some dumbass who didn't know it's not a mandatory procedure. I had to argue with her for a few minutes until I finally just told her, "I want it done, do it. End of discussion." They went ahead and did it but we did have a bit of a tussle before she gave in.

Something about the whole elephant trunk, dick cheese, smell under the foreskin makes it a no-brainer for me. Glad I had it done, glad I had it done for my sons, and I'm damn proud of my penis without the extra skin.

One thing I do wonder - where do all the skin snips end up?
stealth1

Postby Skirita » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:47 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Or maybe it's just all the seratonin and dopamine coursing through my system right now making me cheerful and optimistic.

The wife must be draining my seratonin, because my experience has been the complete opposite.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." - W.B. Yeats
Skirita
Malus In Se

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:23 pm

stealth1 wrote:Dick cheese, also referred to as schmegma, is reason enough for me to have snipped both my kids.

.....or you could teach'em to wash their cocks
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 am

Cut their fucking ears off too.

and while you're at it, pull their teeth out.

You stupid cunt.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby stealth1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 am

coldharvest wrote:
stealth1 wrote:Dick cheese, also referred to as schmegma, is reason enough for me to have snipped both my kids.

.....or you could teach'em to wash their cocks

I would like to think their peckers are clean as a brand new whistle, especially showering twice a day.

They got snipped because I didn't want them uncircumcised and my wife doesn't like the way the uncircumcised cock looked either. Since they' weren't old enough to tell me not to snip em, they got snipped. It's a tradition and if some people don't like it, tough shit. I got shit from the nurse for it and I told her it wasn't any of her fucking business and just to get it done. Millions of men have had it done in the past and now people wanna cry over it. Get over it you stupid cunt.
stealth1

Postby Kurt » Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

If I have a son I am going to see if I can get other foreskins attached to his wang. Maybe grow them from stem cells. I want his cock to look like one of those curtains surrounding one of those round beds that tacky people think is "classy".

I want my son's cock to make flapping noises when he rides a roller coaster.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 am

Long night was it?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe