Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby stealth1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Five excellent boxing movies, none of which are: Cinderella Man or Million Dollar Baby.

http://bit.ly/PvCqqO
stealth1
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:10 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby coldharvest » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:05 pm

When we were Kings, a real movie about real boxers.
All the movies you listed are directed by and star gay men who like it rough.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
User avatar
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman
 
Posts: 25677
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Island of Misfit Toys

Re: Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby vagabond » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:01 am

Liked Raging Bull.

The Fighter was quite good.

In terms of the newer form of blood sport, MMA, I really liked "Warrior" and "Redbelt". Both very quiet, subtle character portraits. And I don't watch that stuff at all.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
User avatar
vagabond
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5126
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: LA

Re: Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby stealth1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

coldharvest wrote:When we were Kings, a real movie about real boxers.
All the movies you listed are directed by and star gay men who like it rough.


When We Were Kings is good. There are a ton of good boxing movies out there. Watch Unforgivable Blackness, or the Joe Louis story done by HBO. Another good documentary, but little known is Shadowboxers (Shadowboxing?) which is about Lucia Rijker.

Don't really like The Fighter, Cinderella Man, or Million Dollar Baby.

What I would really like to see is more movies about the old-time guys like Greb, Ketchel, Wilde, Dempsey or even John L. Those guys "liked it rough" and were as rough and tough as they came.
stealth1
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:10 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:24 pm

stealth1 wrote:Five excellent boxing movies, none of which are: Cinderella Man or Million Dollar Baby.

http://bit.ly/PvCqqO


You are abusing the privilege of being able to post links to your blog here. The purpose of the BFC is to create a dialogue on this site, not raise the page views on your blog.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: Five Fantastic Boxing Movies

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
stealth1 wrote:Five excellent boxing movies, none of which are: Cinderella Man or Million Dollar Baby.

http://bit.ly/PvCqqO


You are abusing the privilege of being able to post links to your blog here. The purpose of the BFC is to create a dialogue on this site, not raise the page views on your blog.


Just be rid of him then!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park


Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest