DP Pharmacist?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

DP Pharmacist?

Postby svizzerams » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Yes or No? If I didn't currently have my dream job I would so like to do this......

Job Comprehensive Health Services
General Information
(214973)
Job title: Pharmacist
Job location: Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 United States
Requisition code: 1439-120
Date posted: 08/13/12
Job type: Contract
Compensation: Position is in Iraq. Total Compensation for a 12 month contract is $259,977.62. 90 days in Country 30 days of vacation.
Job Classification
Job Category: Hospital Pharmacist

Job description:
Position is in Iraq
The Pharmacist will deliver services in a small hospital setting and will assist in the treatment of patients by dispensing drugs and related medical supplies under the direction of a Physician, Surgeon or other authorized health care professional. A key role is ensuring the security of prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals and control of the pharmacy inventory.

Job Requirements

Education, training, experience:
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have received a BS or Pharm D from a school of pharmacy approved by a state board of pharmacy or accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).

Must have an active, unrestricted state license to practice as a Pharmacist.

Must have a minimum of 6 years experience as a Pharmacist, experience in both a hospital and ambulatory pharmacy and knowledge and expertise in both outpatient and inpatient drug therapies.

Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).

All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent experience in a patient care setting for at least 6 months out of the past 12 months.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Re: DP Pharmacist?

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Seein as how we both work in farmicooticals and thus are calleeges I was wonderin if you could pro vide me with a refeerance n shit so I could get this gig? All these years in R and D have made me a bit shaky. After all, us drug workin types gotsta stick togeather. Know what I'm sayin.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:45 am

Svizz.
F*cking go for it.
Of course, i suspect there is not that much difference in pay. :)
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Do it, do it now.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby JITW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 pm

There are jobs in Contracting for every field even remotely connected to medicine - especially now that the State Dept is practically completely contracted out (thanks Obama! you have my vote). When they still had civilian clinics on the bases in Iraq I also knew a gal who was a Surgical Assistant working as a contractor in Iraq, she made great money - But almost all of the MD work was going to contractors from Eastern Europe cuz they are cheaper

Nurses and PA's were in big demand back in the day - Now medics are more in demand cuz they are cheaper and the experienced clinical EMT's know just as much, but they still make six figs

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 pm

There are jobs in Contracting for every field

What aboot knuckle dragin rickshaw monkeys? Comon James hook a brother up!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby JITW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:24 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
There are jobs in Contracting for every field

What aboot knuckle dragin rickshaw monkeys? Comon James hook a brother up!

Ha - I think that rickshaw operator is the only skill not needed in the world of contracting, congratulations!

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:33 pm

it didn't spec the health insurance you need for when you get wacked.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby Osiris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:02 am

JITW wrote:There are jobs in Contracting for every field even remotely connected to medicine - especially now that the State Dept is practically completely contracted out (thanks Obama! you have my vote). When they still had civilian clinics on the bases in Iraq I also knew a gal who was a Surgical Assistant working as a contractor in Iraq, she made great money - But almost all of the MD work was going to contractors from Eastern Europe cuz they are cheaper

Nurses and PA's were in big demand back in the day - Now medics are more in demand cuz they are cheaper and the experienced clinical EMT's know just as much, but they still make six figs

~JITW

DAMNIT! I knew I shouldn't have let my EMT cert expire.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe