Nail Fungus: A solution finally

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Nail Fungus: A solution finally

Postby db36046 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Okay, so Kurt has blue toenails. Okay. That's all right. It doesn't bother me. Okay.
Uh... so, you don't mind the, uh, stigma attached to the... well, no, it's okay. Really. I don't have a problem with it.
Really, it's okay.
db36046
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm

db36046 wrote:Okay, so Kurt has blue toenails. Okay. That's all right. It doesn't bother me. Okay.
Uh... so, you don't mind the, uh, stigma attached to the... well, no, it's okay. Really. I don't have a problem with it.
Really, it's okay.

Still got 'em.

I have happy feet.

Women dig it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby muskrat » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:58 am

I tried every voodoo thing including some Swedish paint that totally cured my neighbour. I am now taking a 90 day Lamisil tablet. Feeling pretty ordinary esp after a few drinks but seems to be working just fine. Its good to file the face of the nail down as well & wash socks in hot water.

At least its summer & I can wear thongs (flip flops).

Cheers M.
the Rat is less about criminality per se but the importance and sheer fun of using one's intellect, skill and willpower to carve a survival niche into whatever inhospitable environment one finds oneself. Damn the imposed morality of the overlords. F
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Postby Weez » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 pm

I realize that this probably means nothing coming from a random lurker, but this is the most entertaining thread in weeks.
Weez

Postby Misanthrope » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Jesus, Mary and Joseph... Just come out of the friggin closet and get it over with, will ya?

Tea Tree Oil... The stuff's the duct tape of the medical world, antiviral. anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial. Got clued into it years ago by a bush hippy chick. Now have multiple bottles floating around the house and in every first aid kit.

And don't fuck around with your feet. Years ago, I started developing severe pain in one of my big toes. Wrote it off to years of martial arts, and a possible chip fracture. Then crap started coming out from under the nail, with increased pain and sensitivity. Finally went and saw my GP, who misdiagnosed it as toe nail fungus. After about a year of treating with a topical ointment, I was diagnosed as having a free floating bone chip in the toe, with a pleasant little squamous tumor surrounding it.

Don't fuck with your feet.

Misanthrope,
The Nine-Toed Rat Bastard
Misanthrope

Postby JITW » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 am

I still say gay

And some broad wanting to paint your nails is a power mover by her - dont be a chump

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Misanthrope wrote:Jesus, Mary and Joseph... Just come out of the friggin closet and get it over with, will ya?

Tea Tree Oil... The stuff's the duct tape of the medical world, antiviral. anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial. Got clued into it years ago by a bush hippy chick. Now have multiple bottles floating around the house and in every first aid kit.

And don't fuck around with your feet. Years ago, I started developing severe pain in one of my big toes. Wrote it off to years of martial arts, and a possible chip fracture. Then crap started coming out from under the nail, with increased pain and sensitivity. Finally went and saw my GP, who misdiagnosed it as toe nail fungus. After about a year of treating with a topical ointment, I was diagnosed as having a free floating bone chip in the toe, with a pleasant little squamous tumor surrounding it.

Don't fuck with your feet.

Misanthrope,
The Nine-Toed Rat Bastard

But it cured it. I tried Tea Tree Oil before, and it didn't work. So I turned to "Girl Science".

Ever meet a girl with nail fungus? Hell no. You never will either.

Ever meet a dude with deformed toes because he thought pointy shoes now were worth being a wheelchair later? Hell no. Girls need some "Dude Science" as well.

When my most recent girlfriend noticed my painted toenails before she even asked me why they were painted she asked really, really enthusiastically "Can I paint them??!!!??" so if my feet are gay, they make a hell of a wingman.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm

JITW wrote:I still say gay

And some broad wanting to paint your nails is a power mover by her - dont be a chump

~JITW

What is she gonna take over? Any woman who makes a power move based on my fungus-ridden toes as her first step would be a moron and I would not be worried about her. I can see her then "Bwa HA Ha! First the toes and then I take him for everything he has during the divorce! Bwa hahahahhaha!"

Amazing how many fragile man-parts get all wobbly when they hear of a straight dude painting his toenails.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Misanthrope » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Girl science? Feminine logic? Explain please.

Does this have to do with how your toes "feel?" Are you seeking "closure" for some phalange issues?

Did you consult Oprah?

Ducking and running........
Misanthrope

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Misanthrope wrote:Girl science? Feminine logic? Explain please.

Does this have to do with how your toes "feel?" Are you seeking "closure" for some phalange issues?

Did you consult Oprah?

Ducking and running........

Girls don't have nail fungus. Girls paint and take care of their toes. Results = Science. Science practiced by women = Girl Science.

I ask Oprah about everything. She's sassy and smart.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:58 am

Kurt wrote:
Girls don't have nail fungus. Girls paint and take care of their toes. Results = Science. Science practiced by women = Girl Science.

No offense boss, but this is totally incorrect. Women pick up nail fungus routinely at those filthy little nail salons you see everywhere. Most of these places clean their tools, particularly the nail files, by moving them in the general proximity of a sink, which does nothing to sterilize them. Very few places actually scrub, then autoclave the tools, because, well, it is expensive. The result is when a girl's nails are being done, and one of the salon chicks pushes the cuticle back with the pointy tip of a filthy nail file or other tool, fungal spores get inserted near the nail root. Nail fungus results, and it is a bitch to kill.

I wish you luck on the quest. Even PO (by mouth) meds don't have much efficacy, just keep the nail clean and low to the toe, watch for splits and dry-outs. If it starts to puff up like rising bread you may need pods to hit it with a Dremel tool; this is no shit as I have watched people with 3 cm high (not long, HIGH) toe nails have to have their nails ground down by the Podiatry service. The healing time for this is measured in years.

I have garnered this strictly empirical information from years on the front lines of high drama Emergency nursing. Going to the Emergency Department in the United States for your nails is considered proper use of both Emergency Services as well as public funds (as most users are uninsured).
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 pm

So by painting my nails I have saved taxpayers the expense of having to deal with my grody toes.

My girlfriend tells me that what you say is true about salons. She says that the first thing she asks to see is the equipment sterilizer before she even sits down. Apparently some nail salons are run by people who do not believe in the Germ "theory" of disease and they give their equipment a quick rinse in a sink before moving on to the next customer.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JITW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:53 am

Kurt wrote:Amazing how many fragile man-parts get all wobbly when they hear of a straight dude painting his toenails.

ha, no I thought you were actually a gay dude

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 am

JITW wrote:
Kurt wrote:Amazing how many fragile man-parts get all wobbly when they hear of a straight dude painting his toenails.

ha, no I thought you were actually a gay dude

~JITW

Sorry. We can still be friends though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JITW » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am

Kurt wrote:
Sorry. We can still be friends though.

It would be less creepy if you were the gay cat owning 50 year old unmarried dude renting a 1BR walk up in NYC I thought you were

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
JITW
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe