Herbalife: a question for all of you

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Herbalife: a question for all of you

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Two hedge funders who hate each other have each taken a different position on Herbalife.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business ... you/62206/

Now, I have known people who try to sell herbalife but I have never known anyone who has actually bought or uses herbalife products except for if they try to be a distributed for them or they got talked into it by a good friend of theirs.

I tried an herbal "hangover cure" from them years ago because this hippy girl from my hometown had to take up selling it when her loser husband ended up in the rubber room from trying to OD on Jack Daniels and LSD. It tasted like Jaegermeister but sans alcohol and I drank thee beers (MGD) and drove home sober. I woke up feeling like I had drank a whole bottle of Jaegermeister and told her about it. She said it was the "toxins" being purged from my body. I didn't buy it.

So, do any of you have an Herbalife product you buy all the time or is it like Amway, where the only users you know are the sellers?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Hedge funds and herbal life. Is this going to be the gardening subforum?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Herbalife: a question for all of you

Postby Woodsman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Hedge fund managers and direct marketing scams...

I don't care for either of these types of economic leaches.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 am

You know all about the 'herb' products I consume. Nothin like a wake n bake to cure a hangover. Its just as good as a greasy breakfast or more beer. I prefer all three.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby roach coach » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm

I remember them at a college health fair, they just gave me some info and stats for what kind of supplements I should look for (i.e. not theirs) but it was still helpful. i have to say the best hangover cure I saw was in a thread on here that RYP mentioned, about coconut water. Probably the best hangover cure I've found so far.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:54 pm

coconut water is incredibly useful - but best way to cure a hangover is just don't drink alcohol. Smoke a doobie - no hangover from that and the buzz is a million times more enjoyable, more peaceful and won't fatten your ass or cause your liver to die. Stuff is just great. It needs to be legalized world wide.

Note: My profile pic is not a giant bong hit. I am drinking a beer made in Texas and having a bonfire outside of Tucson - just for the record.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 am

Woodsman wrote:Smoke a doobie - no hangover from that and the buzz is a million times more enjoyable, more peaceful and won't fatten your ass or cause your liver to die. Stuff is just great. It needs to be legalized world wide.

Note: My profile pic is not a giant bong hit. I am drinking a beer made in Texas and having a bonfire outside of Tucson - just for the record.

In the '60s, didn't they used to say "Smoke doobies, not war!"?
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 am

Kurt wrote: She said it was the "toxins" being purged from my body. I didn't buy it.

Was she completely batshit?
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby roach coach » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 am

Woodsman wrote:coconut water is incredibly useful - but best way to cure a hangover is just don't drink alcohol. Smoke a doobie - no hangover from that and the buzz is a million times more enjoyable, more peaceful and won't fatten your ass or cause your liver to die. Stuff is just great. It needs to be legalized world wide.

Pretty much, it's great for working out. I'm with you on at least bringing the debate out into the foray, my generation will likely be the ones who will enjoy legalization. I cannot due to my job and employment status, plus I prefer me some craft brew too much.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 am

roach coach wrote:Pretty much, it's great for working out. I'm with you on at least bringing the debate out into the foray, my generation will likely be the ones who will enjoy legalization. I cannot due to my job and employment status, plus I prefer me some craft brew too much.

Sometimes a good healthy ~25 mile hammer fest on my bicycle will get me higher than Jesus.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe