Do we want a BFC Memorial Forum?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Memorial Sub Forum:

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 am

Yes good idea - please go ahead
56%
No bad idea - let RIP threads go into the BFC archives
25%
I have a better plan - please see my comment below
3%
I don't care - do what you want
17%

Total votes : 36

Re: Do we want a BFC Memorial Forum?

Postby Holland » Wed May 09, 2012 2:31 am

Q wrote:Unless you've met the individual, who gives a fuck?

Jesus..The fucking attention whoring around here is Fukushima level. We get it. You're so fucking socially responsible and community minded that you shit EEO forms, and pretend to give a piss about someone you've never met. "Oh, I so liked x's posts. X will be missed! Look at me!"

And in before anyone else: Why you so mad, Q?

I agree. Chelly and I lived less than 2 hours drive from each other but since I never got a chance to meet up with the guy and we didn't really talk I would have felt silly leaving my farewells on his departure notice.

A memorial forum would probably end up looking all candlelight vigil or like one of those ceremonies where they read thousands of names while bells ring. I'm out on it.
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 am

Breaking news: Johnnyfishfinger is no longer with us, he passed away during a gruelling back, sack and crack wax. On the plus side, they got enough hair to make some new bangs for coldharvest and a credible mustache for JITW.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Bump. In researching the history on the 3rd Friendlyskies War, which she lost but the collateral damage was the destruction of her own base, I came across this cracker of a thread. Coldharvest's bangs and a credible mustache for JITW. I love cracking myself up after I forgot telling the joke.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Who died recently?
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 am

Ultra Swain wrote:Who died recently?

I thought it was you. Chomping a cigar and crewing a dragon boat while geysers of water erupt from the dushkas spraying rounds all over the place, you were last seen jumping overboard, running into the jungle badly wounded clutching a teddy bear, a carrier bag of duty frees and a Jeff Beck CD.

So the legend goes, somewhere down there maybe you live on, watching, waiting for the moment to return from The J at a moment of great danger for the (insert name of tribe here) people (they all looks the same to me you know).

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 am

Dude...
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:27 pm

nowonmai wrote:Bump. In researching the history on the 3rd Friendlyskies War, which she lost but the collateral damage was the destruction of her own base, I came across this cracker of a thread. Coldharvest's bangs and a credible mustache for JITW. I love cracking myself up after I forgot telling the joke.

Dude, you are seriously still so butthurt about one fucking thread that happened over a year ago that you are going back through the ancient BFC archives and resurrecting even COLLATERAL threads? Dude, I was making fun of you when I said I was proud of that moment in history, honestly I'd pretty much forgotten about it. And my "base"? Look, nowonmai, I come to the BFC because I enjoy writing stuff for a group of people I've been hanging out with online for the past several years, not because I'm trying to build a "base" for a "war." It's a chat forum, for crying out loud. Just not that big of a deal. It's more like a bar where everyone knows your name, or at least your avatar name. We had a bar brawl a long, long time ago, and it's over, big fucking deal. I don't see why you care if Penta is trying to sneak back on with a pseudonym, or why you care who "won" or "lost" a thread that happened so long ago.... I mean, I've gotten married, had a kid, and changed careers since that thread went down, an online fight ranks about 143rd in importance for shit that happened in my life in 2012, well below "getting a car" and "dying my hair red."

I think you need to go out an live a little, before you end up, as we all will, as one of the BFC fallen. This is a place to come and relax! I'm sure we'll have another bar brawl again one of these days, just let it go.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Everybody have a donut and let's all get along.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-Fro ... 2749277904
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 am

friendlyskies wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Bump. In researching the history on the 3rd Friendlyskies War, which she lost but the collateral damage was the destruction of her own base, I came across this cracker of a thread. Coldharvest's bangs and a credible mustache for JITW. I love cracking myself up after I forgot telling the joke.

Dude, you are seriously still so butthurt about one fucking thread that happened over a year ago that you are going back through the ancient BFC archives and resurrecting even COLLATERAL threads? Dude, I was making fun of you when I said I was proud of that moment in history, honestly I'd pretty much forgotten about it. And my "base"? Look, nowonmai, I come to the BFC because I enjoy writing stuff for a group of people I've been hanging out with online for the past several years, not because I'm trying to build a "base" for a "war." It's a chat forum, for crying out loud. Just not that big of a deal. It's more like a bar where everyone knows your name, or at least your avatar name. We had a bar brawl a long, long time ago, and it's over, big fucking deal. I don't see why you care if Mount Fujimori is trying to sneak back on with a pseudonym, or why you care who "won" or "lost" a thread that happened so long ago.... I mean, I've gotten married, had a kid, and changed careers since that thread went down, an online fight ranks about 143rd in importance for shit that happened in my life in 2012, well below "getting a car" and "dying my hair red."

I think you need to go out an live a little, before you end up, as we all will, as one of the BFC fallen. This is a place to come and relax! I'm sure we'll have another bar brawl again one of these days, just let it go.

Nice try. You might even convince yourself one of these days. What month did you get knocked up?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 am

nowonmai wrote:Nice try. You might even convince yourself one of these days. What month did you get knocked up?

Cmon man, an old fight on an anonymous forum really means that much to you? Not everyone's lives hinge on this sort of thing - some people drift away from the BFC because they have other stuff to do. Anyway, I was unknowingly pregnant when the fight happened - that might have made me unusually aggressive! Hah. Wouldn't have connected those dots if you hadn't dragged old news back to the top of everyone's feed, well over a year later. But whatever, I'm not even going to engage you in resurrecting that little tiff again, I should have ignored you when you brought it up the first time. Keep on obsessing, though! I'll read your comments and shake my head, wondering what the fuck happened to you to make you like that.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby nowonmai » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 am

friendlyskies wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Nice try. You might even convince yourself one of these days. What month did you get knocked up?

Cmon man, an old fight on an anonymous forum really means that much to you? Not everyone's lives hinge on this sort of thing - some people drift away from the BFC because they have other stuff to do. Anyway, I was unknowingly pregnant when the fight happened - that might have made me unusually aggressive! Hah. Wouldn't have connected those dots if you hadn't dragged old news back to the top of everyone's feed, well over a year later. But whatever, I'm not even going to engage you in resurrecting that little tiff again, I should have ignored you when you brought it up the first time. Keep on obsessing, though! I'll read your comments and shake my head, wondering what the fuck happened to you to make you like that.

Wot a larf. Your playbook is exactly the same, you should see yourself. You affect the same lofty indifference in order to try and creep up and seize the moral high ground, and if that doesn't work, then you go COMPLETELY FUCKING MENTAL and deploy every card known to woman. This little tiff a year or so ago wasn't even with me, it was with Flipflop and he handed you yo ass. Your Pyrrhic victory was to arouse a mob of windowlickers sufficiently to bring the whole board down to a point from which it has not recovered. Don't pretend you didn't or it hasn't.

These are just the facts ma'am and I'm good at connecting dots. Don't confuse my presenting the facts or having a memory like an elephant, I bear grudges from generations ago, with giving a toss. This board provides a certain amount of diversion and stimulation to older parts of my brain but, unlike many of you, it does not constitute any element of my personal or professional life. I must confess a degree of satisfaction with watching it die, satisfaction at well deserved misery is an unpleasant character trait of mine which I learned to embrace years ago.

You still owe me dinner and The Falklands remain as British as ever. I wish they'd go for it again, men like these deserve to have some fun every now and then.

Not a posed shot, this is what British men really look like just before battle. No whooping, hollering or posturing. They're just going to kill your ass and then have a few beers.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:24 am

it does not constitute any element of my personal or professional life.

You have a professional life?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

[/quote]

This is a beautiful shot. Context, please. When and which war?
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Look at the image URL, or the post if it wasn't obvious enough.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby joshh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Royal Marines 3 Commando, attack on Stanley. Falklands.
joshh

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe