the history of the history forum

This Forum is to discuss History and to annoy Fansy and Nowonmai by existing at all.

the history of the history forum

Postby Fansy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:21 pm

lets see

2010: 8 threads (lol less than 1 new thread a month)
2011: 14 threads ( 1.167 new threads a month!)
2012: 17 threads (wow, record! 1.417 new threads a month)
2013, 7 mo's: 6 threads (wow less than a new thread a month)

the investment in this forum has really panned out. not only is it the least active and useful forum on the bfc, it seems the vast majority of the conversation is contrived by kurt, is regarding sundry military history (esp. european military history), and the rest consists of underwhelming book and movie reviews.

good job. this forum did not turn out to be pointless or redundant. btw i want to start my own website, could i talk with the forum strategic planner here i want to hire him and pay him lots of money for his expertise and knowledge. he could really help me or any site that wants completely pointless forums and arbitrary and distracting categorizations.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Re: the history of the history forum

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 am

Its clearly a vanity forum of mine.

Why is it so difficult to believe that I would do things to please myself and to frustrate you guys? Like I care what you think. Oh, Fansy is in Iran/USA/UK and he is mildly annoyed...Holy shit holy shit holy shit...I must gain his approval because he is a fucking tri-national and obviously is more cosmopolitan than I could ever be.

Therefore I must submit to his will just like Nowhammy has submitted to his will long ago.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:52 am

Kurt wrote:Its clearly a vanity forum of mine.

Why is it so difficult to believe that I would do things to please myself and to frustrate you guys? Like I care what you think. Oh, Fansy is in Iran/USA/UK and he is mildly annoyed...Holy shit holy shit holy shit...I must gain his approval because he is a fucking tri-national and obviously is more cosmopolitan than I could ever be.

Therefore I must submit to his will just like Nowhammy has submitted to his will long ago.

You and vlindsay seem oddly rattled. Something is clearly amiss. What's happened or is about to happen? I know guilt when I smell it. Has teacher told you that the forum isn't pulling it's weight any more? Not exactly storming into the charts these days is it.

It's always the staff that let you down. Always the staff. Particularly when you're hiring judgment is wired to Planet Pluto.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:10 am

nowonmai wrote:
Kurt wrote:Its clearly a vanity forum of mine.

You and vlindsay seem oddly rattled. Something is clearly amiss. What's happened or is about to happen? I know guilt when I smell it. Has teacher told you that the forum isn't pulling it's weight any more? Not exactly storming into the charts these days is it.

It's always the staff that let you down. Always the staff. Particularly when you're hiring judgment is wired to Planet Pluto.

Actually I was just being melodramatic. I forgot about the conversation going on in the other forum and remembered "oh crap..everyone is gonna think this is linked somehow"

But this is just me giving you two guys shit for insulting the popularity of my vanity forum. Now that I have explained it, it is even more useless than before.

I guess I should have gone with either anger or detachment.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:51 am

Everything is linked. Dennis Hooper said so.

I have nothing against the history forum, mine was a utilitarian point based on the fact that during the hey day of the BFC it managed to go a complete month without a single post.

but seeing as this is the history forum it is worth noting that on this day, 4th August, 1914 Britain declared war on Germany.

Great Britain Declares War on Germany

Declaration last night after 'unsatisfactory reply' to British ultimatum that Belgium must be kept neutral.

The King's message to his navy - Government to take control of all railways. Admiral Jellicoe to be in supreme command of the Home Fleets.

Huge crowds cheer their majesties at palace - £100,000,000 voted in Commons in five minutes. German invasion of Belgium with airships

Great Britain is in a state of war with Germany. It was officially stated at the Foreign Office last night that Great Britain declared war against Germany at 7pm. The British Ambassador in Berlin has been handed his passport.

War was Germany's reply to our request that she should respect the neutrality of Belgium, whose territories we were bound in honour and by treaty obligations to maintain inviolate.

Speaking in a crowded and hushed House the Premier yesterday afternoon made the following statement: 'We have made a request to the German Government that we shall have a satisfactory assurance as to the Belgian neutrality before midnight tonight.'

The German reply to our request, officially stated last night, was unsatisfactory.

The King and His Navy

The King has addressed the following message to Admiral Sir John Jellicoe: 'At this grave moment in our national history I send to you and, through you, to the officers and men of the fleets, of which you have assumed command, the assurance of my confidence that under your direction they will revive and renew the old glories of the Royal Navy, and prove once again the sure shield of Britain and of her Empire in the hour of trial.'

The above message has been communicated to the senior naval officers on all stations outside of home waters.

It was reported yesterday evening that Germany had taken the first hostile step by destroying a British mine-layer.

At the present time Germany is in a state of war with: Great Britain, Russia, France and Belgium.

Germany tried to bribe us with peace to desert our friends and duty. But Great Britain has preferred the path of honour.

It would seem as if Germany, in her ambition to control the destiny of the whole of Europe, were ready to embark on any grandiose scheme of adventure, however precarious her chances.

So far as Great Britain is concerned, her attitude has always been plain, straightforward and perfectly intelligible. She was prepared to stand aside from the conflict that has now involved practically the whole of Europe.

But she insisted and had to insist on two things: these were that Belgium's neutrality should be respected; and that the German fleet should not bombard defenceless French towns.

Germany tried to bribe us with peace to desert our friends and duty. But Great Britain has preferred the path of honour.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 am

One rumor that I heard was that Edward VII (I think I got that right...Victoria and Albert's kid) was supposedly the only cousin that the Kaiser would really listen to because he was both well loved and had a force of character that he always kept in reserve. I am not sure if this was true or not but I have liked what I read about him and one bit of alternate history speculation has it that if he had lived longer the war might have just been an Austrian / Serbian affair.

But the thing is that the Kaiser lived quite a while, and the alliances were always there and the Balkans were always the Balkans, so it probably would have happened anyway.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:19 pm

1) i am cosmopolitan, more than pretty much anyone can ever hope to achieve. 3 nations motherfucker.

2) the history forum is shit. i am outraged at its shittiness and kurt is to blame.

3) nowonmai has submitted to my will, in an unknown manner at an unknown time, yet all the same: submission.

these facts are no longer in any dispute by sane and rational people. so it has been written by kurt, let it be done/be so etc etc
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Fansy wrote:1) i am cosmopolitan, more than pretty much anyone can ever hope to achieve. 3 nations motherfucker.

2) the history forum is shit. i am outraged at its shittiness and kurt is to blame.

3) nowonmai has submitted to my will, in an unknown manner at an unknown time, yet all the same: submission.

these facts are no longer in any dispute by sane and rational people. so it has been written by kurt, let it be done/be so etc etc

Now you get it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 pm

is this you continuing your melodramatic shtick from your original response in the thread (as part of a longer game troll)? or is this you re-asserting your dominance after getting trolled? i'm confused, which indicates to me that you might be confused about how much your vanity forum's biggest and loudest critics don't actually care about your vanity forum.

alternatively, if you're just carryin on in the spirit of trolls trolling each others' trolls in a troll thread, then carry on - for in that case it may be i who is being trolled. which would be a pleasant surprise - the ol' "you think i got trolled but now i'm goin to troll you while pretending to be insecure about having been trolled" fake troll victim, a classic counter-troll troll!
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Fansy wrote:is this you continuing your melodramatic shtick from your original response in the thread (as part of a longer game troll)? or is this you re-asserting your dominance after getting trolled? i'm confused, which indicates to me that you might be confused about how much your vanity forum's biggest and loudest critics don't actually care about your vanity forum.

alternatively, if you're just carryin on in the spirit of trolls trolling each others' trolls in a troll thread, then carry on - for in that case it may be i who is being trolled. which would be a pleasant surprise - the ol' "you think i got trolled but now i'm goin to troll you while pretending to be insecure about having been trolled" fake troll victim, a classic counter-troll troll!

No. You just hurt my feelings is all.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to History