Ultracompact "Pocket Pistol"

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Ultracompact "Pocket Pistol"

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 pm

db36046 wrote:Believe it or not lately I am carrying a Beretta Jetfire in .25 ACP every day. Sometimes it's backup to something larger (.38/.357 snubbie or a full sized Glock 9mm) but often it's the only piece I can pack without looking like I'm trying to show off. I'm usually in Phoenix these days, so we have a similar summertime problem with temperatures and wardrobe, and one can't always wear a baggy untucked shirt for cover. I know somebody will have to jump on and make some crack about the ineffective cartridge but I can carry this with 9 rounds plus a spare magazine, a knife, and multiple black belts. In higher risk environments I would prefer the other options for primary but this will do the job.

Are you a drug dealer or something?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby db36046 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 am

Ha! No, actually I'm a semiretired missionary Pastor. Working full time at something else, volunteering in Law Enforcement, and still doing occasional forays into certain other countries.
db36046
BFCus Regularus

Postby sharonperalta » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:45 am

Maybe a little big for pocket pistol, but I would love to try out that new Springfield XDS. It has a single stack mag. Thinner that the original XD.

And of course the Smith Airweight series. Internal hammer is better so it doesn't snag on anything and you can shoot through a pocket.
sharonperalta
mach

Postby sharonperalta » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:52 am

Oh yes, Check out the Ruger LCR (Light Compact Revolver) white you check out the LCP. I think they have a better trigger pull than the Smiths snubbies.
sharonperalta
mach

Postby db36046 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Both good options. I often carry the S&W model 649 (the older, stainless steel version of the airweight) in .357 magnum when I can get away with it, usually loaded with .38+P. The .25 Beretta is for those times when even the relatively small snubbie is too much advertisement.

Two weeks ago my son, down in central Mexico, was jumped in a choke point by about 20 street punks. He was unarmed except for a few decades of martial arts training, plus what he learned in the Marine Corps. They only used clubs and bottles, never pulled any knives or guns. He put up a good fight until they finally got him down and took his cellphone and watch - but they didn't kill him.

His head swelled up to basketball size for about ten days, but apparently no broken bones and no permanent damage.

The traditional Mexican street gangs (not to be confused with the cartels) generally appreciate a good fighter. If you give them a good dance, they may let you live out of respect (But not always.)
db36046
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:21 pm

db36046 wrote:plus what he learned in the Marine Corps. )

Impressive, in the middle of a fight he buffed their shoes to a high shine and squared away their admin?

Glad to hear he got out alive. Avoiding the choke point would have been a better option with 20/20 hindsight. Avoiding Central Mexico even better.

Armed missionary pastor, I luv America.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Haydon 5 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 am

Keltec p32. It is so light you will forget you have it on you. Its smaller than a LCP, (its what the LCP was based on, okay its what the p3AT was based on which is what the LCP was based). It is a .32 ACP, but really if you have a .380, your going to want to be putting more rounds than one in something anyway. Same with .380. You get an extra round on top of the pocket .380s and the recoil is more controllable. 6.6 ozs. empty, 9.4 oz's with a full mag.

I love mine.
Haydon 5
BFCus Regularus

Postby JITW » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:00 am

5 shot .38 - grab one used in a pawn shop for less than 250 bucks

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Reflexred » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:42 am

No one likes the sig P238? That's my summer gun ha! Dm Bullard leather, Honady critical defense ammo. Love this little gun.
Adios Mofo's
Reflexred

Postby LatrunculusRex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:39 am

If its not convenient you'll decide to leave it behind, and the day u do youll need it.

One pound of trouble ... Smith & Wesson 340PD. Hammerless. Compact. light weight scandium (alum/titanium comp). 5 shots of .357 And if that doesn't do it ... RUN.
LatrunculusRex
mach

Postby Zero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 am

Be careful with the snub nose .357s, if you use it without earpro (or perhaps, with) you'll hear the bang for the rest of your life.
Zero
Salva Nos

Postby Skirita » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm

nowonmai wrote:
db36046 wrote:plus what he learned in the Marine Corps. )

Impressive, in the middle of a fight he buffed their shoes to a high shine and squared away their admin?

Nice.

I'd been wondering about the P32. That's about the size I'm looking for - so convenient I'd have no excuse.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." - W.B. Yeats
Skirita
Malus In Se

Postby Devlin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 am

JITW wrote:5 shot .38 - grab one used in a pawn shop for less than 250 bucks

~JITW

Nothing wrong with a good used .38, I have seen several people who have been killed by them and on and off have carried one, good glove box gun as well. Got a Smith airweight in the desk I am typing this on.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Who said guns were banned in the UK? This guy who is clearly packing an Ultracompact "Pocket Pistol" was snapped yesterday in London, went viral in twitter and to heap on embarassment made it into the Evening Standard today.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!