What's your everyday watch?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Re:

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Royal wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:
Royal wrote:I wear a Rolex Blk-face-Explorer 2 (For the third hand.................I'll explain later Foulplay...:-)
Bought it new 18 years ago.
Because of one incident ,it's had new bezel, glass & face. Fliplock replaced through wear.
Because of that it looks quite new.
Takes the rough-stuff (apart from above) & looks ok with a whistle.

In really interesting places I wear a 1972 Cabot Watch Co.(CWC) Military Issue Mechanical Aviators Chronograph (Valjoux 7765 movement) with grey military canvas strap.
This was given to me and it all works.

I just leave the radio on really!!
CWC & Rolex Explorer 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not that often that my watches are in the same place & with a d-camera around.
The CWC may be of interest.

[url]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1788/dsc00071zk.jpg[/url]

Is that a Zero Halliburton they're sitting on? If so, I'm such a fag for noticing that, but at least it took me seven years.

I'll tell you in 2020.

Ha ha, damn you.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Re: What's your everyday watch?

Postby RYP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 am

watchfag thread...nobody tops the watchfag thread. I just gaffer tape my iPhone to my wrist now.

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby bearanddragon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 am

when travelling or sports: standard timex digital
otherwise: TAG Heuer aquaracer automatic (blue waffle dial)
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:02 pm

"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bouncer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:39 am

I just recently got my new watch fag watch.

This is the JY0039-58E Citizen Skyhawk Titanium. There's a stainless steel version for around 475. The titanium version with DLC is around 1100. Light as a feather and with a curved sapphire glass. It's not really black, it's a very low vis kinda grey. I have tried to scratch it without much success. It is a very tough watch, very comfortable and I like that I can have three different timezones. UTC is always present, and I can set a local time, and a remote time in the LCD screens. Time source is atomic radio. There's also slide rule functionality but I tend not to mess with that too much.

Regards,
-Bouncer-
Carpe Cookius
Bouncer
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 pm

I'd go for the Samsung watch if they made the exterior a bit retro.

I talk to my wrist all the time and it would be nice to see what it would be like to do that and have someone actually answer.

Pretty soon technology will make all of our madnesses seem normal.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby VisaFixer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:28 am

Timex Expedition with Compass, or whatever phone/compass I have.
Seriously, though, Panerai.
VisaFixer
mach

Postby Omega » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Omega Seamaster, travelled with me to 5 continents so far. I take it off though when I am in a bit unsafe places, then my 7-8 years old Nokia N71 "smartphone" comes out...
Omega
mach

Postby Darcy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I use this Tissot when I'm in rougher spots, as I don't mind so much if it gets lifted, but a Seamaster for everywhere else. Actually the Seamaster is getting long in the tooth and I'm thinking of splurging for a Speedmaster for home and start taking the Seamaster everywhere....

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:59 am

Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:35 am

Mine is a 1959 Omega Seamaster.

ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:58 pm

I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby snaark » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 pm

ROB wrote:Mine is a 1959 Omega Seamaster.

How is it? I ask because I have a 1970 Seamaster that's a bit run down. I'm wondering whether it's worth sending it off to omega to get restored.

My everyday watch is a Seiko Sumo. Amazing accuracy for a 500Euro auto. Only downside is the face isn't crystal so it scratches easily.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 am

snaark wrote:How is it? I ask because I have a 1970 Seamaster that's a bit run down. I'm wondering whether it's worth sending it off to omega to get restored.

My everyday watch is a Seiko Sumo. Amazing accuracy for a 500Euro auto. Only downside is the face isn't crystal so it scratches easily.

Not very accurate at all to be honest. I mean, I like it cos I like old and historical stuff, but I'd estimate that it's out by a couple of minutes a week.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:08 pm

ROB wrote:
snaark wrote:How is it? I ask because I have a 1970 Seamaster that's a bit run down. I'm wondering whether it's worth sending it off to omega to get restored.

Not very accurate at all to be honest. I mean, I like it cos I like old and historical stuff, but I'd estimate that it's out by a couple of minutes a week.

Not bad for a watch that's almost old enough to draw a pension I guess. Mine has some sentimental value, but then again the 1000€+ it would cost to restore it would go a long way towards buying a new one...
snaark
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!