First-world shit I just don't get

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: First-world shit I just don't get

Postby nowonmai » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
nowonmai wrote:At home after a hard day in the saddle.

Nice digs Nowonmai. I did not know you that you are a cowboy.

Is it true you got all creepy with vlindsay?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:33 am

I'm creepy all the time.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:44 am

nowonmai wrote:Is it true you got all creepy with vlindsay?

your obsession amuses me
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm

coldharvest wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Is it true you got all creepy with vlindsay?

your obsession amuses me

With rickshaw or vlindsay? In this case vlindsay is incidental to the main event which is helping Mr Rickshaw to come to terms with his dark repressions before he has to work out how to dispose of a body in central London when all you've got for transport is a rickshaw.

By the way, vlindsay only comes into it because in the famous Jaeger email that no one dares post on the BFC, she allegedly claimed to have been stalked by rickshaw via text message calling her a slut and a whore etc. By all accounts this was reported to all sorts of very important people like Kurt, Pelton and even her blue chip university.

I'm obsessed with anyone who is utterly bonkers, which leaves quite a wide field in this place.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:14 pm

before he has to work out how to dispose of a body in central London when all you've got for transport is a rickshaw.

Well I have moved house with the rickshaw on a few occasions. I am sure I could figure something out.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby shivers » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Despite your bizarre hatred/obsession with me, Mr Shaw, you're still one of my favorite Flaggots. You keep hanging around, posting excellent travel advice, and giving me some laughs. But I wish you would stop hijacking threads to shit on me. It doesn't even hurt, it's so fucking old. It's just distracting.

Please, PLEASE, let this be the end of your thread hijacks. If you feel the need again, just send me a PM, and leave the rest of the Flag alone.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 pm

I ain't lying. You're a hot dog. A regular rodeo rider. And this was the monster fuck of my young life. Now, I gotta get my ass streetside, sugar.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:58 pm

More first world shit I don't get. The fact that a someone paid a lot of money for a liberal arts degree, based on surfing an Internet site populated by what coldharvest so aptly termed "broken toys," is a reason for a couple of first worlder to live and breath and fight online.

Good freaking grief. I mean, really, isn't there some paint somewhere to watch drying?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby shivers » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Soooo with you on the water fountain thing. And in a place like NYC? Why the fuck would I want Dasani, when I can drink some of the best tap water on the planet?
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 am

She's just pissed off that the shaw/shivers stand off is more interesting than her thread idea, which is properly shit btw. But she had the good sense to put it in the shit forum, that's something I guess

The last time this happened, she went into orbit - the French shit thread or something wasn't it? So who knows this time?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:55 pm

flipflop wrote:She's just pissed off that the shaw/shivers stand off is more interesting than her thread idea, which is properly shit btw. But she had the good sense to put it in the shit forum, that's something I guess

The last time this happened, she went into orbit - the French shit thread or something wasn't it? So who knows this time?

Cheers

Pissed off? The word is bored. I mean, yeah, this thread idea kind of tanked.... but, whatever. Fact is, I kind of like this forum that you've devoted thousands of hours to trying to destroy. So I'll probably try again to make a thread people are interested in, and that one might fall flat, too. But does the fact that my thread failed make your continuing obsession with an Internet fight that lasted a few days, almost two years ago, on a quiet corner of the Internet, any less pathetic? No. Does it make an obsession with a thesis about the BFC that maybe 20 people, tops, in the world have read in its entirety, any less sad? No.

I mean, does the poetry of life hold no attraction for you that can eclipse an ancient Internet fight that was a blip in history for the rest of its participants? No friend, no lover, no sweet memory of distant lands, is worth the space in your brain dedicated to that string of ones and zeroes that absolutely nobody on this vast, blue-green Earth, were it not for your (and nowonmai's) obsession, would remember at all? Even I don't remember the specifics, or even really the reasons, for the Internet fight, just that I was in it. (Something about Penta, maybe?) But I have no doubt that you and nowonmai have committed every line to memory, and go over it in the small, aching hours of each tormented, sleepless night, rueing each opportunity for the perfect comeback lost in the heat of "battle." Comebacks to things I don't even remember writing. Those nights must be long, and sad. And rest assured, as you toss and turn, repeating words I wrote a lifetime ago to yourself with increasing frustration, anger, and vows for revenge, rest assured that I am spending those same nights making love to my husband, tending to my child, and perhaps trying to think of a fun little thread for my friends on the BFC.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:06 pm

and perhaps trying to think of a fun little thread for my friends on the BFC.

Could you think of one while makin love to yer husband? I would like to see where a topic like that would go. A rant perhaps?
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby nowonmai » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
flipflop wrote:She's just pissed off that the shaw/shivers stand off is more interesting than her thread idea, which is properly shit btw. But she had the good sense to put it in the shit forum, that's something I guess

Cheers

Pissed off? The word is bored. I mean, yeah, this thread idea kind of tanked.... but, whatever. Fact is, I kind of like this forum that you've devoted thousands of hours to trying to destroy. So I'll probably try again to make a thread people are interested in, and that one might fall flat, too. But does the fact that my thread failed make your continuing obsession with an Internet fight that lasted a few days, almost two years ago, on a quiet corner of the Internet, any less pathetic? No. Does it make an obsession with a thesis about the BFC that maybe 20 people, tops, in the world have read in its entirety, any less sad? No.

I mean, does the poetry of life hold no attraction for you that can eclipse an ancient Internet fight that was a blip in history for the rest of its participants? No friend, no lover, no sweet memory of distant lands, is worth the space in your brain dedicated to that string of ones and zeroes that absolutely nobody on this vast, blue-green Earth, were it not for your (and nowonmai's) obsession, would remember at all? Even I don't remember the specifics, or even really the reasons, for the Internet fight, just that I was in it. (Something about Penta, maybe?) But I have no doubt that you and nowonmai have committed every line to memory, and go over it in the small, aching hours of each tormented, sleepless night, rueing each opportunity for the perfect comeback lost in the heat of "battle." Comebacks to things I don't even remember writing. Those nights must be long, and sad. And rest assured, as you toss and turn, repeating words I wrote a lifetime ago to yourself with increasing frustration, anger, and vows for revenge, rest assured that I am spending those same nights making love to my husband, tending to my child, and perhaps trying to think of a fun little thread for my friends on the BFC.

Wotevs

tl;dr
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 am

Chimborazo wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:You know, I used to think the developed world's ridiculous clutter was made up of maybe 70% useless shit, which annoyed me. However, being a new mom makes you appreciate things like dishwashers, which I had previously categorized as "almost useless." (I still, however, think they are "almost useless" if you live alone, or with adults responsible enough to wash their own shit immediately, rather than letting it pile up for others to clean.)

I've had a dishwasher for the past 15 years or so but have usually only used it as a drying rack to save counter space. When I moved here (I'm alone), I went to work in a hurry one morning and left my plate, utensils, and frying pan in the sink and didn't even think about that when I got back in the evening, as they were out of sight. A day or two later I wanted to use that frying pan and was confused for a good five minutes before it occurred to me to look in the dishwasher. Turns out the maid put those few things in the dishwasher and ran it, which I was irritated by because it seems like a total waste of water to run it with so few items in it. Further, since I don't use it, I don't have dishwasher detergent so I guess she just used the regular dish soap (which is okay, I guess? Don't know what the difference is). Anyway, now I just make sure to leave no dirty dishes on the days she comes.

That's my riveting story for the BFC. After reading this, your day can only get more exciting from now. You're welcome.

you do know that handwashing generally uses more water than the dishwasher.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eatingwell/hand-washing-dishes-vs-dishwasher_b_1542991.html

and dish soap in the dishwasher is a no no.
http://www.quirkyscience.com/difference-between-soap-and-detergent/

i don't use dryer sheets. mostly because i don't have a dryer.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Ultra Swain » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:32 pm

gnaruki wrote:You might appreciate this one, FS: http://theworstthingsforsale.com/

The only first world contrivance that comes to mind that is useless is the toaster.....and rice cookers.

You don't get out much to rice country do you?
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe