First-world shit I just don't get

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: First-world shit I just don't get

Postby gnaruki » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
gnaruki wrote:You might appreciate this one, FS: http://theworstthingsforsale.com/

The only first world contrivance that comes to mind that is useless is the toaster.....and rice cookers.

You don't get out much to rice country do you?

I use this dealie known as a 'pot' in the western world. After putting rice and water in this 'pot' it is placed on this thing that magically catches fire to heat stuff. At that point a wooden cutting board is placed over the 'pot' to steam the rice and keep the demons contained.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lethal Dose » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm

First of all, your place is not to question, but simply to do.
Some people are born into roles of responsibility and work, and the rest of us are born into the role of benefactor. I have responsibilities too, creating strategic marketing campaigns to make people buy such things as toothpaste with abrasive silicates to wear down tooth enamel and glycerin to prevent it from remineralizing, and hamburgers made filled with artificially flavored beef byproduct meal (known in the fast food industry as "pink slime"). Regular people don't want what is rational, they want what is convenient. Today's generation feels that thinking requires too much effort, which is why we have such crucial tools as Google, Wikipedia, and YouTube to do their thinking for them, and in the case of YouTube, to keep their small minds entertained. Stupidity has actually been trending since before the first JackAss movie was released. Supply and Demand!

Perhaps you're one of those individuals who is just a little too smart still to comfortably accept their lot in life. If you spend enough time on the Internet you may be able to dumb yourself down sufficiently that life becomes less insufferable for you. Take comfort in the fact that there are smart, important people working hard every day to ensure you and your children have everything you need to accomplish this goal. Start your young ones out on The Simpsons, work them up to Family Guy and South Park. Don't forget that when you need a break, you can always buy an Xbox to babysit the kids once they are housebroken. If the crap you're feeding them makes them act out, we have pharmaceutical solutions that are within most parents budget.

- Lethal Dose
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Postby Lethal Dose » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Hit the wrong button, I was responding to the OP.
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Postby flipflop » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Hit the wrong button

Yep, you did

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe