How long has this place got?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How long before RYP scuttles this scurvy ship?

Imminent - we are at DEFCON Fucking 1! Buckle up, it's been a lovely war.
10%
Two weeks max - if the vlindsay story runs for another 7 days then he will be getting twitchy and tetchy
2%
One month max - we are one lawyer's email away from the red button being pushed
4%
Six months - the patient is now definitely dying but life support will continue until all residual brain activity ceases
8%
Never! BFC will never die, we will rebound and go onwards to new heights with interesting and amusing people engaged in free discourse (been a bit too much 'free discourse' if you arx me)
61%
Who fucking cares - I'd rather twitter twats and fuck facebook buddies
14%

Total votes : 49

Re: How long has this place got?

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:00 pm

It's okay though sister, cuz I know what really pisses you off is that you can't find anything interesting to say.

Don't be silly, Hammy me auld son. Her rants are of legend!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 am

nowonmai wrote:[ fucking Internet fight with nowonmai and flipflop? .

I've gotten into "internet fights" with both these guys, and come to think of it an "internet fight" is about the silliest damn thing ever, but anyway I did, maybe more of a skirmish than a fight, and I either lost miserably or won gracefully, who cares, the trick is to be able to take it on the chin and to have a laugh.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:23 am

one is a curmudgeon, the other a contrarian. I suppose it gets a little predictable. But all are welcome
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby flipflop » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 am

That's a compliment, I never was a crowd person, they're ok until somebody farts in the train carriage

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Denigration won't alter the fact that you're as funny as a day old shit.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 pm

y'all are mean
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:09 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:y'all are mean

I concur.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby RYP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 am

both exhibits symptoms of low testosterone and early prostrate problems....

http://www.healthline.com/health/side-e ... osterone#2

blah blah blah....

Emotional Changes
In addition to physical changes, low levels of testosterone can affect you on an emotional level. The condition can lead to feelings of sadness or depression, and an overall decreased sense of well-being. Some people also have trouble with memory and concentration, and lowered motivation and self-confidence.

blah blah blah...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50305818/ns/h ... o-grouchy/

" “irritable male syndrome,” a spike in the outward crankiness of guys of a certain age."
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby flipflop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 am

Hahaha, if only it were true, nothing wrong with my levels of T. I was blessed by the almighty in that department. In fact I'm worse than a dog with three balls when it comes to that particular male hormone.

You should be grateful that me and old nowonmai are here to brighten up this parade of dullards, fuck it, apart from that bit of banter this place does fuck all anymore.

Cheers anyway
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 am

flipflop wrote:Hahaha, if only it were true, nothing wrong with my levels of T. I was blessed by the almighty in that department. In fact I'm worse than a dog with three balls when it comes to that particular male hormone.

You should be grateful that me and old nowonmai are here to brighten up this parade of dullards, fuck it, apart from that bit of banter this place does fuck all anymore.

Cheers anyway

What is funny is that FS probably had the highest levels of T when she was preggers than any males have ever achieved (that probably explains some of her posts back then). Keep posting fellow, I appreciate every one of them.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 am

nowonmai wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:Wow, I'm one of the three main reasons why the BFC turned sucky? Why, because I got into one fucking Internet fight with nowonmai and flipflop?

No, it got sucky because as a result of the internet fight (that you started) you deployed the gender/bully card, because you were still sore about Penta being given the boot. Then like night follows day Pelton was called in like some gone to seed, dementia suffering sheriff, fingered the wrong people which pissed them off and this led to a significant lessening of activity on the site. So yes, you were directly responsible for one of the three main reasons the "community" (lol) reduced its interaction. It's all there on the record but keep on saying it often enough I'm sure you'll revise history.

It's okay though sister, cuz I know what really pisses you off is that you can't find anything interesting to say.

Well, I've been lurking for a minute, waiting for you to say something fascinating and fabulous… and…. um…. well this is, um…. well, it's made of words, which is something. I guess. [Trying not to say anything mean and "bully" you.] How's that travel to dangerous places going? It's a lot easier without a newborn in tow, I bet you've got some really exciting adventures coming up. Let us know!

gnaruki wrote:What is funny is that FS probably had the highest levels of T when she was preggers than any males have ever achieved (that probably explains some of her posts back then).

Well, I was pregnant with a boy, so I might have been getting a testosterone bath, no joke. Biology is weird. Bearing boys actually changes your brain permanently. Having girls, too, because you lose about 15% of your brain mass starting at about seven months pregnant, and it gradually rebuilds until you're about five months postpartum using your child's, and the father's, DNA. If you have a boy, your restructured brain really is influenced by heightened testosterone. There's a whole suite of subtle changes that have been documented anecdotally and scientifically, including slightly more aggressive tendencies.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm

so now, what's this, counting how much testersone (sp) one has? This has elevated the pissing contest.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:so now, what's this, counting how much testersone (sp) one has? This has elevated the pissing contest.

No. The testosterone theme originated from RYP giving FF shit for being grumpy. Although it's quite quite possible "what's your T?" will replace "how much can you bench?" in bro pissing matches.

friendlyskies wrote:Bearing boys actually changes your brain permanently. Having girls, too, because you lose about 15% of your brain mass starting at about seven months pregnant, and it gradually rebuilds until you're about five months postpartum using your child's, and the father's, DNA. If you have a boy, your restructured brain really is influenced by heightened testosterone. There's a whole suite of subtle changes that have been documented anecdotally and scientifically, including slightly more aggressive tendencies.

Interesting. Didn't know pregnancy changed brain structure significantly.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:07 pm

FlipFlop and Nowanmai are some of the credible posters and somehow get bashed.
I agree with RYP that this site is a decent link up point, but also agree with my bretheren
that it always backs the posers, liars and losers which is why so many credible people left here.

At the same time, there is a balance of what the site originally said "a site for mercenaries etc..."
and has a good compliment of civilian types who travel alot and add substantially.

But most of all (and kidding) Kurt is a bastard and still hasn't posted my photos.

Burn Kurt, Burn Kurt! (again kidding, I think he is a great guy but don't tell him I said that!).
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Recent MIA list:

Fansy - thinned out after vlindsaygate
The Belgian - fuck knows?
Sri Lanky - FUCK KNOWS?

I reckon there's about ten regular posters here now, and regular means weekly amirite?

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe