What is Evil?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: What is Evil?

Postby Lethal Dose » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 am

Fascinating. Your collective denial is about rejecting who I am, and this weird delusion that I'm here simply to entertain you. Does it occur to you dipshits that I am actually interested in debating a real point of view that happens to differ from your own? I have rejected the classification of "human" because I have found it to be lacking along with those who cling to it. Look at the word "humanity" and how it is used. What utter hypocrisy. Is it really so difficult to believe that there are those who have collectively rejected it? Is it really so hard to grasp the idea that there are those who have, for very legitimate reasons, set themselves apart? Perhaps it is. Perhaps you can only conceive of such ideas as part of some fiction developed solely for your entertainment. Sounds like a very "human" way to deal with uncomfortable truths.

Yes, evil does destroy itself. Every time it reaches for a cigarette, or snorts a line of coke, or shags another 50 dollar whore. The true evil is you, and your natural inclination to destroy yourself is something that those like myself relish the opportunity to facilitate. And yes, it's true, I and others like me do in fact have many other things to do, and we do those things as well. This weekend I'll be going base jumping with some friends of mine and hanging out at their estate. I love horseback riding and they have a stable. What will you be doing?

Humanity is a word that is supposed to make one think of such attributes as mercy, compassion, and mutual respect, but in practice you don't give a flying fuck about anyone but yourselves, and possibly a few people you choose to matter. I suppose the same is true for us, but among the differences between us is that we don't deny it. We are steadfast and true to our own kind and to the principle that sets us apart... That we're not you. Can any of you even conceive of having a good time without getting shitfaced? Can any of you really relax and enjoy yourselves without a little something to help you get there? And how many of you just want to be comfortably numb? And oh the excuses, don't think for one moment that you are the masters of your own destiny because that would mean taking responsibility for your own choices. No, rather than trying to redefine "humanity" we simply let you hypocrites have it. It's tainted and wreaks of all the things we've long since left behind.

... So are you sufficiently entertained yet? Why don't you grab a stick and get into the game? Tell me that I am wrong about anything that I've said so far. Tell me why I am wrong. I'd love to hear this. You buttnuts talk of logic. You wouldn't know logic if you had a scientific calculator shoved up your ass. Come on, let's hear some "logic" regarding "humanity". Better yet, tell me something about your so-called morality, I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

- Lethal Dose
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Postby coldharvest » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:35 am

Does it occur to you dipshits that I am actually interested in debating a real point of view that happens to differ from your own

perhaps you should fuck off to another board or site?

you haven't even figured out evil yet
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby svizzerams » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Take seriously an individual that adopts a superior world-weary ominopotence with a hint of nihilistic decadence schtick? Sounds like you work in marketing and you feel guilty about it.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby coldharvest » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm

svizzerams wrote:Sounds like you work in marketing and you feel guilty about it.

sounds like he works in clown shoeing.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Fascinating. Your collective denial is about rejecting who I am, and this weird delusion that I'm here simply to entertain you. Does it occur to you dipshits that I am actually interested in debating a real point of view that happens to differ from your own? I have rejected the classification of "human" because I have found it to be lacking along with those who cling to it. Look at the word "humanity" and how it is used. What utter hypocrisy. Is it really so difficult to believe that there are those who have collectively rejected it? Is it really so hard to grasp the idea that there are those who have, for very legitimate reasons, set themselves apart? Perhaps it is. Perhaps you can only conceive of such ideas as part of some fiction developed solely for your entertainment. Sounds like a very "human" way to deal with uncomfortable truths.

Yes, evil does destroy itself. Every time it reaches for a cigarette, or snorts a line of coke, or shags another 50 dollar whore. The true evil is you, and your natural inclination to destroy yourself is something that those like myself relish the opportunity to facilitate. And yes, it's true, I and others like me do in fact have many other things to do, and we do those things as well. This weekend I'll be going base jumping with some friends of mine and hanging out at their estate. I love horseback riding and they have a stable. What will you be doing?

Humanity is a word that is supposed to make one think of such attributes as mercy, compassion, and mutual respect, but in practice you don't give a flying fuck about anyone but yourselves, and possibly a few people you choose to matter. I suppose the same is true for us, but among the differences between us is that we don't deny it. We are steadfast and true to our own kind and to the principle that sets us apart... That we're not you. Can any of you even conceive of having a good time without getting shitfaced? Can any of you really relax and enjoy yourselves without a little something to help you get there? And how many of you just want to be comfortably numb? And oh the excuses, don't think for one moment that you are the masters of your own destiny because that would mean taking responsibility for your own choices. No, rather than trying to redefine "humanity" we simply let you hypocrites have it. It's tainted and wreaks of all the things we've long since left behind.

... So are you sufficiently entertained yet? Why don't you grab a stick and get into the game? Tell me that I am wrong about anything that I've said so far. Tell me why I am wrong. I'd love to hear this. You buttnuts talk of logic. You wouldn't know logic if you had a scientific calculator shoved up your ass. Come on, let's hear some "logic" regarding "humanity". Better yet, tell me something about your so-called morality, I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

- Lethal Dose

tl;dr
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lethal Dose » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:25 am

svizzerams wrote:Take seriously an individual that adopts a superior world-weary ominopotence with a hint of nihilistic decadence schtick? Sounds like you work in marketing and you feel guilty about it.

ni·hil·ism noun \ˈnī-(h)ə-ˌli-zəm, ˈnē-\

: the belief that traditional morals, ideas, beliefs, etc., have no worth or value

: the belief that a society's political and social institutions are so bad that they should be destroyed.

Egad! Nothing could be further from the truth. The community of which I am a part hold traditional morals, ideas, and beliefs (long since abandoned by the masses) as the cornerstones of our social identity. Your political and social institutions were created by us to keep your kind from getting out of hand by offering you the illusion of democratic power. We've noted long ago that, for you, democracy is like a toy which you tire of quickly and never play with, but cry if it is taken away. That suits us just fine. The beef I have with your kind is the hypocrisy in everything that you profess about yourselves. That and your prolific nature. Your tendency to multiply is inversely proportional to your IQ and level of class.

You were right about one thing though... My superiority. :)

- Lethal Dose
Lethal Dose

Postby nowonmai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:
svizzerams wrote:Take seriously an individual that adopts a superior world-weary ominopotence with a hint of nihilistic decadence schtick? Sounds like you work in marketing and you feel guilty about it.

ni·hil·ism noun \ˈnī-(h)ə-ˌli-zəm, ˈnē-\

: the belief that traditional morals, ideas, beliefs, etc., have no worth or value

: the belief that a society's political and social institutions are so bad that they should be destroyed.

Egad! Nothing could be further from the truth. The community of which I am a part hold traditional morals, ideas, and beliefs (long since abandoned by the masses) as the cornerstones of our social identity. Your political and social institutions were created by us to keep your kind from getting out of hand by offering you the illusion of democratic power. We've noted long ago that, for you, democracy is like a toy which you tire of quickly and never play with, but cry if it is taken away. That suits us just fine. The beef I have with your kind is the hypocrisy in everything that you profess about yourselves. That and your prolific nature. Your tendency to multiply is inversely proportional to your IQ and level of class.

You were right about one thing though... My superiority. :)

- Lethal Dose

You are part of a community? What a weakling.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lethal Dose » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 am

It would have been fun if even one of you would've had the balls to step into the arena with me, but I guess there's no fight left in any of you. Just a bunch of washed up pussies. I'll leave you to your tea and crumpets.
Lethal Dose

Postby ROB » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:57 am

Promise?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:55 am

Lethal Dose wrote:It would have been fun if even one of you would've had the balls to step into the arena with me, but I guess there's no fight left in any of you. Just a bunch of washed up pussies. I'll leave you to your tea and crumpets.

I gave you an answer but you're obviously being obtuse or your just naive.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Grizzlierbear » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:37 pm

flipflop wrote:Live backwards

Cheers

I quite like this explanation , you may have inadvertently in fact summed up evil in the purest way. Although I take it to mean a life lived backwards as in not finding the possible light forward while chasing the retreating darkness.
Grizzlierbear
mach

Postby cowboycraig » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:56 am

Have met two people in 46 years that would consider evil.

Each has what I call "The Darkness" around them. It is an energy.
They have no remorse.
They truly enjoy hurting other. It is a sexual pleasure to them.

All of them shared these NPD traits:

These are five of the most harmful narcissistic manipulation tactics:

1. Playing The Role Of The Victim
You are the one being victimized, but a narcissist is a pro at making you second guess that fact. They have a way of constantly turning things around to make themselves look like the victim in every situation. If they are late for something or they stand you up, they’ll tell you it’s because you didn’t tell them the correct date and time. Regardless of the situation, a narcissist will never take the blame. They’ll say things to make you question yourself and eventually, you’ll start believing them.

2. Public Or Private Shaming
Whether it happens when you’re out in public or in the privacy of your own home, narcissists make a habit out of shaming. They make comments that belittle you and make you feel small, look weak or appear less intelligent than they are. These comments may be followed by “just kidding” or “can’t you take a joke?” But what they’re doing is completely intentional. Their goal is to hurt you and to make you feel small.

3. Gaslighting
A master manipulator often uses gaslighting to gain complete control over another person in their life. Gaslighting is a type of manipulation that causes you to doubt your own sanity. If you bring up something hurtful that they said, they’ll tell you you’re crazy and they never said it. If you refer to a situation they don’t want to talk about, they’ll tell you that it never happened. They’ll accuse you of being to sensitive or tell you you’re tired or acting irrationally. After a while, you’ll begin to doubt your perception of reality. This type of manipulation is especially dangerous.

4. Being In Complete Control
A narcissist wants to be in complete control of everything. The conversation, meals, social outings, bills. One by one they begin taking over until you feel like you can’t survive without them. They might control what you wear, who you talk to or where you go. Eventually, you forget about what you want. You’re living in a world that they control.

5. Making You Feel Worthless
When your relationship first started, the narcissist may have complimented you constantly. After a while, that changed. The compliments began to turn into things you need to change about yourself. They tell you that they don’t like your hair or your clothes. They tell you that you talk to much or that you’re not intelligent. The negative comments come so often that your self-esteem begins to suffer. You feel like you aren’t worth any more than what they say you are.
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Libtards!!!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

running out of alcohol and propane at a bbq. in that order.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe