What is the most dangerous place?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: What is the most dangerous place?

Postby Kurt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 am

flipflop wrote:Did you have to put her over your knee Kurt? She won't be riding that motorbike like Queen Boudicca for a while then, eh.

You do realise now you've freed it up there's a posh house in Birmingham, or maybe Spain, where the lights have been burning on all night, and the sound of twisted, gnarled old fingers furiously tapping a keyboard rings out in a tastefully decorated yet mournfully empty space; where the reek of expensive wine and stale cigarettes can be scented from the street below, by passing illegal immigrants on their way to the local mosque for early morning bomb making lessons? You do realise that?

Cheers and let the games begin

Anyone who thinks I do not prepare for a fight before I step into the ring, and actually open up the ring is a moron.

What is odd is that she was always terrified of Peanut. Thought Peanut could "hack" or do other things and he couldn't. He never could. If one was scared of him I cannot for the life of me figure out why one would not want to get the fuck out of my way instead of poking, prodding and threatening.

Internet-wise and armchair wise it seems the equivalent of being scared of mice while throwing stones at a Rhino's nutsack.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:11 am

Peanut was just a prop in her dying swan act, she wasn't a scared of him. He just fit into her 'hounded by the man brutes' false narrative.

Right, fuck this, I've work to do here, I will be checking back for the general hilarity throughout the day. I expect some Monty Pythonesque surrealism, don't let me down you bastards, off you go....

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Bobby Sands » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 pm

nowonmai wrote:In an act of synchronicity I posted your character yesterday on a separate thread, Gale from Breaking Bad. Well meaning but doomed.

Gale? You rate my competence way too highly. As far as Breaking Bad characters go, I am, at best, a Badger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJQc-noLQBM[/youtube]
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Bobby Sands » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:It was not cool to let her post here by proxy but Bobby Sands is a glorious provocateur and he got it done. Way to go, Bobby.

Jesus Hoover Christ, you folks have gone a bit loony in this little sand pit bulletin board. What's a matta u? You guys want to stand in front of a mirror and argue all day against yourself instead of hearing other people argue with you? I am telling you, arguing with other human beings is more fun than arguing with yourself.

Mirror in the bathroom:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cbUW2EY4KE[/youtube]

Mirror in the bathroom
please talk free
The door is locked
just you and me.
Can I take you to a restaurant
that's got glass tables
You can watch yourself
while you are eating.

Mirror in the bathroom
I just can't stop it,
Every Saturday you see me
window shopping.
Find no interest in the
racks and shelves
Just a thousand reflections
of my own sweet self, self, self...

Mirror in the bathroom
You're my mirror in the bathroom
You're my mirror in the bathroom
You're my mirror in the bathroom...

Mirror in the bathroom
recompense
For all my crimes
of self defense.
Cures you whisper
make no sense
Drift gently into
mental illness.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Bobby Sands » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Kurt wrote:I decided to unlock this because it was unfair of me to reply when no one else could.

Thank you, oh great pear-shaped one!
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby flipflop » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OdE14X3fg[/youtube]

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby denise » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:39 am

fuck you bobby.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Oh, it's not about "talking to yourself in a mirror," it's about turning everything into a soap opera rather than discussing places, events, and facts. Undermining the board's purpose and instead turning people against each other in anti-constructive ways. In Penta's case, for example, deflecting all discussion away from events, politics, etc, and instead turning discussion to deciding whether or not "cut and pastes" were worthy of being post subjects, or whether Penta's posts from several months earlier made her unworthy in some way to bring up a topic. Other people who needed to be shut down had discussion of their interesting posts about dangerous places, political issues, and so forth, deflected into the soap opera zone by criticizing their location, travel history, race, gender, political views, religious views, and so forth.

Then, any discussion in the "soap opera" vein was catalyzed by cheerleading or challenging, while anyone who actually commented on the subject matter (rather than on some aspect of the poster) in the original post were shut down, or criticized for discussing the topic at all, either because they were unworthy, or the topic was unworthy. At the same time, the whole board was undermined by the consistent disrespect of RYP, the moderators, and the board itself. Using these methods, the BFC was transformed, by the psychopathic pieces of shit flipflop and nowonmai, from an interesting virtual place where people came to discuss dangerous places, into an antagonistic soap opera where people were more concerned with their relationships to one another, and the worthiness of others to post on the board.

This served two purposes. Getting interesting people with opinions and experiences that flipflop and nowonmai decided were unacceptable off the BFC, and making it difficult for any RYP fans to join the board, because (1) they had no place in the soap opera, and lacked the background to understand posts that referenced discussions from months or even years earlier, and (2) because they saw RYP, his moderators, and his board being continually denigrated by flipflop, nowonmai, and people manipulated by them, and felt uncomfortable being fans of his work.

The end.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby flipflop » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:08 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
The end.

Of your EPIC butthurt? Doesn't seem like it, keep gnashing away there princess, it's all you got

Cheers you muppet
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby svizzerams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:37 pm

flipflop wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:
The end.

Of your EPIC butthurt? Doesn't seem like it, keep gnashing away there princess, it's all you got

Cheers you muppet

She's right on target FF. BTW, I'm still wondering why you weren't shrieking at Kurt about deleting the original post in this thread that you felt compelled, nay, entitled, to shriek abuse at me about. Hypocrisy - you gots it.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 pm

The people off this board who insisted on meeting and occasionally fucking each other are the people who
friendlyskies wrote:Oh, it's not about "talking to yourself in a mirror," it's about turning everything into a soap opera rather than discussing places, events, and facts. Undermining the board's purpose and instead turning people against each other in anti-constructive ways. In Penta's case, for example, deflecting all discussion away from events, politics, etc, and instead turning discussion to deciding whether or not "cut and pastes" were worthy of being post subjects, or whether Penta's posts from several months earlier made her unworthy in some way to bring up a topic. Other people who needed to be shut down had discussion of their interesting posts about dangerous places, political issues, and so forth, deflected into the soap opera zone by criticizing their location, travel history, race, gender, political views, religious views, and so forth.

Then, any discussion in the "soap opera" vein was catalyzed by cheerleading or challenging, while anyone who actually commented on the subject matter (rather than on some aspect of the poster) in the original post were shut down, or criticized for discussing the topic at all, either because they were unworthy, or the topic was unworthy. At the same time, the whole board was undermined by the consistent disrespect of RYP, the moderators, and the board itself. Using these methods, the BFC was transformed, by the psychopathic pieces of shit flipflop and nowonmai, from an interesting virtual place where people came to discuss dangerous places, into an antagonistic soap opera where people were more concerned with their relationships to one another, and the worthiness of others to post on the board.

This served two purposes. Getting interesting people with opinions and experiences that flipflop and nowonmai decided were unacceptable off the BFC, and making it difficult for any RYP fans to join the board, because (1) they had no place in the soap opera, and lacked the background to understand posts that referenced discussions from months or even years earlier, and (2) because they saw RYP, his moderators, and his board being continually denigrated by flipflop, nowonmai, and people manipulated by them, and felt uncomfortable being fans of his work.

The end.

You fucked yourself and you know it. You didn't need any help from me. Stop squealing about it.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

nowonmai wrote:The people off this board who insisted on meeting and occasionally fucking each other are the people who
friendlyskies wrote:Oh, it's not about "talking to yourself in a mirror,".........
The end.
You fucked yourself and you know it. You didn't need any help from me. Stop squealing about it.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were just that simple - but it's not. Surely you are capable of more subtlety and nuance than that.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby flipflop » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 am

svizzerams wrote:
flipflop wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:
The end.

Cheers you muppet

She's right on target FF. BTW, I'm still wondering why you weren't shrieking at Kurt about deleting the original post in this thread that you felt compelled, nay, entitled, to shriek abuse at me about. Hypocrisy - you gots it.

Butthurt x 2

You're a great non-partisan mod Grandma, and the shrieking on this page is all feminine. Kurt doesn't delete my posts - you do. Get a dictionary and look up hypocrisy, oh and maybe 'full of shit' as well

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 am

svizzerams wrote:
nowonmai wrote:The people off this board who insisted on meeting and occasionally fucking each other are the people who
friendlyskies wrote:Oh, it's not about "talking to yourself in a mirror,".........
The end.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were just that simple - but it's not. Surely you are capable of more subtlety and nuance than that.

If I was going to be more subtle I'd say that it would appear that friendlyskies is proving the link between paranoia and marijuana use. You're only agreeing with her because you have no other show in town and you can't acknowledge to yourself that you contributed to the current state of affairs by playing passive aggressive games.

I am but the messenger who enjoys watching pride come before the fall (and am compelled to rubberneck at weird instances of groupthink - which this latest 'respect RYP' thing is the most creepily fascinating example I've seen for a while).

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 am

flipflop wrote:
svizzerams wrote:
flipflop wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:
The end.

Cheers you muppet

Butthurt x 2

You're a great non-partisan mod Grandma, and the shrieking on this page is all feminine. Kurt doesn't delete my posts - you do. Get a dictionary and look up hypocrisy, oh and maybe 'full of shit' as well

Cheers

Sure seemed shrieky to me.....delete!! delete!! - you are mandated to delete!!!!!...ffftttt. Yes - I did delete that one post - and I explained why and very politely at that. Interesting how you weren't making such a fuss when another mod deleted whole threads in the last week and edited some posts - so get over it.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe