Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ever

Expectorate your wit here.

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Aww, I appreciate the white knighting! *warm fuzzies*

But you see the real purpose of this, right? Nowonmai has couched a topic that should be discussed, the situation in Venezuela, within this fake soap opera bullshit that he and flipflop have successfully transformed the BFC into. Not only does it taint any discussion between regulars with soap scum, but it also alienates any newcomers. They come here because they love RYP's work, or are interested in travel to dangerous places, and want to start posting here, perhaps about Venezuela. Naturally. They can't, however, because the Venezuela thread is all about these people they've never heard of. It makes no sense. So, they'll move on to another forum, and the Flag will continue to whither away, courtesy of nowonmai and flipflop.

Good going, psychos!


Respectfully, Friendlyskies, I disagree. When I first started coming to the BFC it was to gain some travel knowledge that couldn't be gotten from a map or a guidebook. It was the "types" of gentlemen that you mention above that provided me with good solid contacts, on the ground, in country, real humans, that immeasurably enriched my numerous repeat travels to my DP of choice, and most importantly, contributed to my safety.
So, I recognize the types that you mention above to be good as gold. Their bile doesn't disturb me the way it does you. They come by it honest. Believe me, I've gotten more than a few barbs thrown my way too. To navigate this forum you've got to learn to give as good as you get, or to strenghten your shoulders, because guess what, they ain't gonna let up, nor should they. So Nowonmai called you out on this thread about Venezuela, and now you've made it about them, when in fact I'd much rather read about your take on Venezuela, and then the counter-points of others that would naturally follow.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
User avatar
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:18 am
Location: clevelandia

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 pm

seektravelinfo wrote: To navigate this forum you've got to learn to give as good as you get, or to strenghten your shoulders, because guess what, they ain't gonna let up, nor should they. So Nowonmai called you out on this thread about Venezuela, and now you've made it about them, when in fact I'd much rather read about your take on Venezuela, and then the counter-points of others that would naturally follow.


You don't think I'm giving as good as I get, by calling out these soap-opera addicted psychopaths on their manipulative bullshit? Making fun of bizarre and worthless quest to ruin a once awesome forum, and turn it into their own private troll zone? I'd say I'm doing a fine job, and those pieces of shit are getting all squirmy and hilarious and defensive in my wake, which amuses me. Mission accomplished, imho. Venezuela isn't even in the the topic of this post, I am. Besides, nowonmai doesn't know dick about the country or the situation anyway, so why bother addressing his woefully simplistic cut-and-paste? So I can have some worthless, needlessly antagonistic loser, who hasn't been to a dangerous place since the early 1990s and has never been to Venezuela, call my expertise into question? Why bother? If I want to discuss the situation in Venezuela, I can talk to people who are in Venezuela right now, or people who have lived and worked there, and who speak Spanish…. like PENTA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

(I can just feel nowonmai and flipflop trying sooo hard not to whine. "Oooooooh Penta's opinion doesn't count because weeeeee got her banned and sheeeeeee said something in August 2008 on this thread I'm going to dredge up riiiiiiiiiight now that was incorrect, just like on this thread from December 2006 where she was also incorrect, therefore waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh how can ANYONE consider her knowledge on Venezuela, where she lived, where she has friends, which she visits regularly, where they speak a language in which she is fluent, superior to my opinion, based on one mediocre, uniformed cut-and-paste article from the top of a quick google search?")

And just to rub it in, flipflop and nowonmai, because I know you're struggling, PENTA PENTA PENTA PENTA PENTA hahahahahahaha

Anyway, I'm just irritated by the loss of my precious Black Flag Cafe and all the awesomeness that it once brought forth from the chaos of dangerous places and obscure politics, and how it's been reduced to a shadow of its former self by two worthless psychos. If someone wants to know about Central America, or Latin America, they can PM me. But until flipflop and nowonmai either shape up or fuck off, I plan to come back here for three purposes: To check and/or post on the jokes and entertain me threads, to write the occasional book review, and to call out flipflop and nowonmai on their bullshit. Don't like it? Ban me. I'll cry all the way to Reddit.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:08 pm

flipflop wrote:I've a question for you, how do you iron polyester? What setting is best on the iron? Is it best to wet a bit of linen and throw it over first, or should you go cool?

What do you know about Venezuela? You're a housewife living in Bumfuck USA, you ain't doing shee-it

Cheers



Ooooh burn! I have a life, and an awesome life, instead of a miserable, lonely existence that I spend trying to destroy an internet forum.

That really, really hurts, psycho. HAH just kidding! You worthless sack of shit, you can't even muster a decent insult anymore, you're so flustered by my posts. While you try to think of something better, just repeat to yourself: PENTA PENTA PENTA PENTA PENTA hahahahahahahaha
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Come on man, how many times do I have to hit refresh while you try to think of an insult for me that actually has some bite? Jesus, I don't have all day.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby flipflop » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Why would I repeat that? She's banned. Me however, you screamed to get me offed...............

Image

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
User avatar
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus
 
Posts: 8382
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:11 am
Location: Arse Full Of Chips

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:16 pm

flipflop wrote:Why would I repeat that? She's banned. Me however, you screamed to get me offed...............

Image

Cheers


Now I'm just feeling sorry for you. Your troll mojo is gone. How about something like,

"Friendlyskies doesn't work in Afghanistan, where businesses are sometimes bombed, by terrorists. If she did, she could post cut-and-paste articles about those places, and then say she had been there! But she can't, and I can!!!"

Something in that vein, maybe? Just a thought.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Good god, flipflop, you still can't think of ANYTHING?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

OK, this is really just sad. I think I'm just going to declare victory and let nowonmai and flipflop stew in their own juices. I've out-trolled the trolls and that's good enough for me.

If someone from the BFC could let me know if nowonmai and flipflop are ever banned, that would be awesome. Otherwise, adios amigos! May all your travels be risky yet wonderful.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Mach award!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8905
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:07 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Mach award!


Thanks man, much appreciated.

Anyway, svizz, now that you've banned them for a minute, they're going to devote all their free time, and that's a copious amount of free time since they have nothing worth doing IRL, to harassing you, and making your time on the BFC a fucking nightmare from now on. You realize that, right? Now, as I type, they're already sifting through every post you've ever made to find shit to annoy you with, and are probably on some email campaign to fuck with you as well. The constant disrespect isn't going to ever end. Not now. Not until they get their "revenge," however that's defined, because that's what they live for.

Fuck, svizz, those two assholes aren't even worth the trouble. Sorry I sucked you into my trolling. They're just a couple pieces of shit and banning them doesn't even scrape them off your shoe.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby ROB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Who got banned?
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5106
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Apparently flipflop and nowonmai got banned, for two weeks. After which they will probably come after svizz with every weapon in their digital arsenal, which is childish and stupid, and has nothing to do with travel to dangerous places, but their modus operandi. Because hey, it's the nowonmai and flipflop soap opera, right?

It's going to be painful to watch, especially since I helped bring it on. She's traveled to more, and cooler, places than most people on this board, including nowonmai. But whatever. Such a fucking ridiculous situation. They think RYP is such a loser, and this board is so lame, and the mods are cowards and grandmas and whatever, and they are sooooo great that no one can touch them in their awesomeness, why don't they just leave well enough alone and go find a virtual hangout spot that suits their radiant glory, instead of this shithole? But, no. They're going to come back and troll, because why not. Fucking sucks. Wish I'd never even come back. I blame that post by Bobby Sands that he put on Facebook.

EDIT: Just kidding, Bobby Sands is blameless. I blame myself for bothering to engage those psycho pieces of shit. I really need to just get the fuck off this board for once and for all. Maybe if Svizz unbans them now, and I go away, they'll stop acting gratuitously disrespectful toward her. Doubt it, though. I feel certain they've already used the word "revenge" in conversation.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
User avatar
friendlyskies
Vata Loca
 
Posts: 7457
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Atlantis

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby ROB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 pm

lol - you guys crack me up.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5106
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby svizzerams » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Mach award!


Actually I thought it was more of a brilliant parody followed by a well executed coup de grace and a sensational 360 degree flounce. I think all but the UK judge gave our own FS 9.9s across the board. I think they only awarded her a 5.6 and a meh.

But in all seriousness - this has gotten ridiculous.

I'm posting this up for consideration here - and maybe I'll make it another post topic but I'd like to offer this for consideration:

We are all adults, right?

We all recognize that the free for all that is the web can become toxic. Most forums encourage members of the community to engage in healthy debate, but usually draw the line at personal attacks on members. While ideas can being disputed and challenged, attacks on a personal level should be considered unacceptable and should be discouraged. Ideas can be attacked - Individuals should not be.

I decided I've had enough of the personal attacks on other posters for a spell. If you want to debate that with me - fine. But let's debate the merits of ideas and concerns and tone down the bullshit ad hominem attacks.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
User avatar
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:00 am
Location: Drug Goddess of Chelanistan

Re: Official:Friendlyskies wrong on absolutely everything ev

Postby ROB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Pelton's forum. Pelton's rules.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5106
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Rants, Flame Wars, Opinions and humor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest