Chronicles of Tomorrow: Episode 2 - Biodegradable

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Chronicles of Tomorrow: Episode 2 - Biodegradable

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 am

Hi there, my name is Jack, and I'm if my little experiment has worked then I am communicating to you from many decades in your future. I've recently been reading about the early 2000's and it's hard for me to imagine the way the world is in your time. In my time the idea of law has been rendered largely obsolete. There is no restriction on what you can do or who or what you do it with, so long as it doesn't start to escalate into group violence. War is the only thing that is really illegal now. And any group violence is considered to fall under that category, mind you, violence takes a lot of effort for people in my era, much less group violence, so it's generally not an issue. If group violence does happen to occur however, a hover-drone is dispatched to the vicinity to shoot all participants. Cost of retrieval and processing of the bodies is billed to the families of the lawbreakers. Bodies are generally just composted, however, in some countries, the fresh ones are screened for contaminants (like recreational drugs) and processed for food. Not something I'm interested in, but to each his own (if you'll excuse the pun). Religion has gone the way of the dinosaur so there's never any objections to what happens to someones corpse when the lights go out. There's all no more silly nonsense about an afterlife, which means we just make the best of life while it lasts and then accept our fate as fertilizer.

Because there are no laws restricting sexual behavior, there is no minimum or maximum age limit for participants, nor are there any restrictions on the species of participants or where the activity is allowed to take place. As I leave work, I frequently see folks on the street doing all manner of stuff. It would probably seem shocking to your prudish society, but it's just normal here. Indeed, a lot has changed over the years, including ideas of physical beauty. In my time, fat is well, PHAT. As long as you are able to get out of your wheelchair and walk, the bigger the better.

Most folks in my time enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about disease or failing organs, since all diseases are curable and organs can be rapidly replaced (although it is rather expensive). Generally, people of my time begin packing on the pounds after they buy their first personal robot. Not to be confused with worker 'bots, these personal robots are only equipped to perform basic tasks, like pushing your wheelchair, retrieving items, and simple meal preparation and cleaning. The wheelchairs we roll in are equipped with a feeding tube that dispenses a variety of your favorite flavored protein drinks, and a mobile theater system, as well as a brainwave scanner for directing your 'bots and external devices like door locks and debit machines. In bad weather, or when the UV index is toxic, we have our bots push us through an underground tunnel network that connects residential buildings and commercial buildings.

Robots are an integral part of life in my time. Not only do they take care of our personal needs, they work for our paychecks as well. Buying a worker 'bot however is very expensive since it basically represents retirement from the workforce. Mind you, one still has to keep their 'bots maintained and insurance is outrageous, but once you buy one, you're good to go. I'm looking to save up for a Lexus 'bot, but may have to lower my expectations if I don't get this raise I've put in for.

Anyhow, that's just a little slice of life in my time, which really might become your time if you're you're younger than say 40ish right now. I thought you might enjoy a glimpse ahead. Anyhow, the charge on this temporal capacitor is almost dead so I gotta sign off.

Cheers,
Jack
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Re: Chronicles of Tomorrow: Episode 2 - Biodegradable

Postby coldharvest » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Is there not some writers site you should be inflicting this on?
breaking the 4th wall only works if you're wiser/funnier than your audience
....you are clearly neither
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby ROB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 pm

I think he would dominate Twilight fan fic.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lethal Dose » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:37 am

I write because I like to write. If you don't like it, blow it out yer arse. The views on Episode 1 say that you don't speak for all readers.

- Lethal Dose
Lethal Dose

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 pm

I understand your Mother was a well known prostitute
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Misanthrope » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:50 pm

coldharvest wrote:I understand your Mother was a well known prostitute

Bullshit..

I believe the proper description was "well-worn."
Misanthrope

Postby Lethal Dose » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:38 pm

And yours rents her vagina for storage space...

... Grow up people... You're really becoming tiresome.

I don't see why ya can't just read the story, take it at face value, and move on to the next item. What's with the constant kindergarten crap?

- LD
Lethal Dose

Postby coldharvest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:And yours rents her vagina for storage space...

I don't see why ya can't just read the story, take it at face value, and move on to the next item. What's with the constant kindergarten crap?

- LD

fuck off and go somewhere else you tiresome petit Hemingway
your story reads like the cunt you are
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm

I don't see why ya can't just read the story, take it at face value

Because nothing you say has been taken at face value fore years, mach, you silly little git.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Lethal Dose » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:59 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:And yours rents her vagina for storage space...

- LD

fuck off and go somewhere else you tiresome petit Hemingway
your story reads like the cunt you are

Such contempt. I haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to earning the contempt and utter loathing of the folks here. You must still be under the impression that I was here before under a different name. Talk to Svizz, she's actually done her homework. Seems to be the only person I've encountered here so far with some active gray matter between the ears. Which begs the question why she would waste her time with the likes of you jokers.

For the last fucking time, you fucking idiot, I am not Mach. I have never been Mach. I am nothing like Mach. If you want to spam Mach with childish insults, Svizz has told me of a blog of his, fucking go there and spam his blog into the fucking ground. I went there to invite him here, so if you have any blocks on his IP, I suggest you remove them. That way you can talk to the genuine article instead harassing new members with schoolyard insults, trolling every fucking thread and every comment. You're fucking pathetic. If you actually thought I was someone you banned, then you would have enforced the ban. You didn't, which means you have ulterior motives for keeping up this demented charade. I can't stoop my intelligence low enough to imagine what that motive would be.

@Rickshaw: You're on block, dumbass. "Blah Blah Blah, Mach!" would be my guess. Just quit replying. You have nothing new to contribute to any conversation.

The absolute inanity of you fucktards is truly above and beyond anything I've encountered on any other site. Your existence seems to revolve around waiting for new members to register and trolling them relentlessly until they leave. If this is what provides meaning to your otherwise pointless existence, then I'll leave you to it.

- Lethal Dose
Lethal Dose

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Still reading my posts mach? I bet you are drunk and naked when you do.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

The price of xanax must have gone up in Canada or something.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:24 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Still reading my posts mach? I bet you are drunk and naked when you do.

don't forget one-handed
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Chronicles of Tomorrow Episode 2 Biodegradable

Postby russlits » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:45 am

Morgan is taking XPlay related questions from fans on her twitter right now
russlits

Return to Black Flag Cafe