Mexico City

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Mexico City

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:44 am

Looking to hang around Mexico City in the late fall or winter and bag some of the peaks around it including Pico de Orizaba. Anyone bin?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Re: Mexico City

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:43 am

Was there in March. Good boozin. They also gots rickshaws.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Cheers. Any good places to stay?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:19 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Cheers. Any good places to stay?

I stayed in a KSRish dive. The purple back pack kinda place where some travellers opt out of wearing shoes. It was near the Zoocolo. I got in at night. After throwing my kit on my bunk I was off to the bar. As I left I was given a map of the local area with half of it crossed out. The no go for gringo areas. I had a wonderful time.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby The Turd Polisher » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Cheers. Any good places to stay?

Last time there stayed at Hotel Isabel which is very convenient in the heart of the historic center of Mexico City. Get a room on the top floor for a decent view and quiet. Single renovated room with private bath less that US$25/night.
Info here: http://www.hotel-isabel.com.mx/MainHIE.html

"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Mexico City

Postby Warnerden » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Ill be travelling to Mexico City, Guadalajara and surrounding areas in the Spring. Does anyone have any suggestions/ anecdotes / photos you would like to share with me?
Warnerden

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:51 am

I was mainly outside of MC climbing but in MC I stayed In Centro, at Hostal Sam Il Defenso (or something like that) and the Chillout Flat. Both were fine. Centro is great for stuff to see, metro connections etc. but it is a concrete jungle. If I get back there I may stay in Condesa or Coyocan. If you have money to burn stay in Polanco, its like Beverly Hills. As far as sights the pyramids (long word starting with T), Xocomilcho and Leon Trotsky's toilet are worth seeing. Taxco is a neat day trip from MC.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe