Looking for Australian adventurers

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Looking for Australian adventurers

Postby KirstenDrysdale » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:10 am

Hey all,

I'm a reporter with SBS TV's alternative news program "The Feed".

We're currently working on a story about so-called "dark tourism" and are keen to speak to Aussies who've travelled to unconventional destinations as tourists (or have a desire to).

That means anything from active war zones to 'dangerous hot spots' or sites of recent natural disasters.... basically anywhere DFAT would deem a 'do not travel' zone ;)

Please do get in touch if you fit the bill and are up for a chat.

Cheers
Kirsten

Kirsten.Drysdale@sbs.com.au
T: +612 9430 3704
KirstenDrysdale
mach

Re: Looking for Australian adventurers

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:24 pm

I have been around to some really shitty places and you don't tend to find Australians there. Try KSR.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:06 am

rickshaw92 wrote:I have been around to some really shitty places and you don't tend to find Australians there. Try KSR.

Fuck yourself.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 am

ROB wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:I have been around to some really shitty places and you don't tend to find Australians there. Try KSR.

Fuck yourself.

Don't be like that!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby snaark » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:36 am

KirstenDrysdale wrote:basically anywhere DFAT would deem a 'do not travel' zone ;)

In other words anywhere outside Australia.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:39 am

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:50 pm

I used to pretend to be an Aussie when it was the next best thing to being Canadian. Even got the t shirt and Oz is easy to bluff about because no one sensible has ever been and nothing ever happens there. I could never get the Canadian accent - even past some madfuck hillbilly whose first language was blood feud with an ich on the end of it. That all started when an American bird confused me with being an Aussie, swore my accent was Aussie, and seeing as she hadn't got that notch on her bedpost I saw no reason to disabuse the sheila of her error. At least not until about 45 seconds of paradise later.

ps dark tourism is a week in March in a fixed caravan in Great Yarmouth. Backpacking numpties going to press their noses against the glass of some pseudo danger spot has got nothing on that. I've never seen any Aussies in Great Yarmouth - unless they were all pretending to be Geordies.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:01 am

nowonmai wrote:no one sensible has ever been and nothing ever happens there.

True dat.

nowonmai wrote:I've never seen any Aussies in Great Yarmouth

Probably because it's not in Bali.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Suspect Rob is one of the few JAFA's who have been to the Dark Side. Did you put your hand up, or ?
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby ROB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 pm

To be honest, there's been a generational change here.

When I was 20 I knew plenty of Aussies my age who had been to some pretty far out places.

These days, not so much.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 am

nowonmai wrote:I used to pretend to be an Aussie when it was the next best thing to being Canadian. Even got the t shirt and Oz is easy to bluff about because no one sensible has ever been and nothing ever happens there. I could never get the Canadian accent - even past some madfuck hillbilly whose first language was blood feud with an ich on the end of it. That all started when an American bird confused me with being an Aussie, swore my accent was Aussie, and seeing as she hadn't got that notch on her bedpost I saw no reason to disabuse the sheila of her error. At least not until about 45 seconds of paradise later.

ps dark tourism is a week in March in a fixed caravan in Great Yarmouth. Backpacking numpties going to press their noses against the glass of some pseudo danger spot has got nothing on that. I've never seen any Aussies in Great Yarmouth - unless they were all pretending to be Geordies.

Cockneys and Aussies sound alike when you don't give a shit.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:13 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Cockneys and Aussies sound alike when you're a deadshit.

Fixed that for ya.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe