Bring Penta back

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Bring Penta back

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:34 pm

OneLungMcClung wrote:Between this place and the nightly carnival of my Emergency room, I don't ever have to watch TV....... Hollywood doesn't even come close. CAN YOU DIG IT

What is strange about that scene is that is the only part of the Warriors that is remotely true.

Don't remember the exact details but there was a meeting in the Bronx of all the Bronx gangs (not all the New York ones) back in 1971 or 1972 and there was a charismatic leader that tried to unite them and broker a peace treaty and someone murdered him in the middle of his speech, but the killer was not known.

So the gangs got their armies together and the dudes mom told them not to fight so they didn't. They brokered peace at a YMCA / Boys Club and the peace held. So all these gang members who could never travel anywhere in the Bronx without getting killed now could go anywhere and talk to anyone, so they started rapping competitions instead of killing each other and thus there was hip hop. Born out of the only scene in the Warriors that really happened.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Kurt wrote:
Fansy wrote:
Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:Wait somebody got a restraining order?

lol - this place just keeps delivering.

Seriously folks, this ISN'T REAL LIFE. Go catch butterflies or something. Some of you latch onto this place like it's your mother's tit.

Yep. Penta has a restraining order against her based on vlindsay and this board.

Long story.

But when I mentioned it Penta said "nonsense" and went about her business and then got a police visit. She's had two of them now and the next one could end up with her in bracelets with the "rozzers" (Penta, I know you read this. email me again and it will happen. Computers recommend twitter people, not me. That was not a sign of me letting you back in. That will never happen.)

I am sure some people will say "that's crazy for internet stuff" and they would be right, but its more than that. And it's non internet stuff that this is about now, its about a variety of real life things ranging from vandalism, harrasment (as in physical stuff and not email stuff) and breaking into a UK University computer and stealing a thesis sealed for five years. So, its kind of serious and, if this was the US, people would actually end up in real live jail for it (since it is the UK a bunch of people in safety vest driving ridiculous cars will show up and wag fingers).

either...

penta vandalized vlindsay's real life property, physically harassed her, broke into a university to steal a "sealed" document, and is a real life threat to your ex girlfriend...

or

you slept with vlindsay as did half of the other board members, penta edited her thesis without her school knowing, and pretty much everything to do with restraining orders and everything else with vlindsay's thesis and drama is all cover since vlindsay pretty much compromised the integrity and dignity of a bunch of sad and lonely males (jaegar, Kurt, RYP, whoever else) and that's pretty embarrassing.

no its probably just penta is real life moriarty/james bond. makes sense

Ha! I knew you would bring this back around to the Witch that is Penta and to you, who are the Flying Monkey for some reason to the witch.

Lets see. That means a "stressor" happened recently. For some reason you have attached yourself to this issue so you decided to come here and find out what is going on. Via Penta's request of course.

She get visited by the cops again? No need to answer as I know the answer already. She might not have told you though as I doubt she tells anyone about these things.

Do you know that in the US and the UK lack of knowledge that a restraining order or whatever the bad teeth equivalent is in the UK does not justify contact on behalf of the person who the restraining order is issued to?

So, lets say I am a creep. I get a restraining order against me. I get some chump friend to contact the person and ask them "hey what about the time you slept with Kurt" and you did not know such an order existed you would still be breaking the law?

I'd be a pretty fucking shitty thing to get a person to do without telling them why, wouldn't it?

I am always amazed at that sometimes the lowest life forms can actually get decent people to do their bidding. I am not sure why you people who do her bidding do not take what I say seriously. Maybe I am not a serious person.

this is duncannbinns stuff. i cant even follow it. i wish you well jousting at windmills. at least you're not still with vlindsay tho eh? things could be worse.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 pm

OK, what's the crazy part?

Penta could not hack a loogie, let alone a University computer system. She also would not vandalize cars and send harrassing notes delivered in person to someone. But someone did, it is tied to this incident you are bringing up now.

What is it you want cleared, corrected or admitted by bringing this up again? Let me know and let me know why its important to you and I would be happy to help.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Kurt wrote:
OneLungMcClung wrote:Between this place and the nightly carnival of my Emergency room, I don't ever have to watch TV....... Hollywood doesn't even come close. CAN YOU DIG IT

What is strange about that scene is that is the only part of the Warriors that is remotely true.

Don't remember the exact details but there was a meeting in the Bronx of all the Bronx gangs (not all the New York ones) back in 1971 or 1972 and there was a charismatic leader that tried to unite them and broker a peace treaty and someone murdered him in the middle of his speech, but the killer was not known.

So the gangs got their armies together and the dudes mom told them not to fight so they didn't. They brokered peace at a YMCA / Boys Club and the peace held. So all these gang members who could never travel anywhere in the Bronx without getting killed now could go anywhere and talk to anyone, so they started rapping competitions instead of killing each other and thus there was hip hop. Born out of the only scene in the Warriors that really happened.

Yes and no. The Warriors is a modern adaption of 'Anabasis' by Xenophon, also known as 'The Persian Expedition' and 'The March of the Ten Thousand'. It was the first written chronicle of mercenaries at war. Cyrus was the younger brother of Artaxerxes II of Persia. He marched into what is now Iraq with 10000 Greek hoplites, to try and take his brothers throne and was killed at the battle of Cunaxa. With no leader the mercenary army broke up, with the natives siding with the king, and the Greeks a thousand miles from home and surrounded by up to a million hostile combatants in the area.

Being Greeks they bopped their way north to the Black Sea (Coney Island), and dropped to their knees with cries of "Thalatta! Thalatta!". The Warriors is a very witty homage to one of the greatest true adventures ever told. I love the story and have read it many times.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Thats cool as hell.

Plus even cooler it does not appear to be Yes and No but Yes and Yes.

http://gothamist.com/2016/01/21/can_you_dig_it.php

Art imitated history.

Then a film was made from that art, and a more recent history was thrown into that film as well.

Pretty cool stuff, It was kind of a cornball movie but it does speak on a primal level that the serious movies miss. Sorta like The Blues Brothers. No film critic could figure out why it was popular but you had bad guys doing good, fighting nazis and car chases. No way a movie that disrespectful of law enforcement could be made today.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Bring Penta back....
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Douchebag » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Penta won! She left it in the gutter of utter excrement of her plan, and all that's left is you faggots!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Royal » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 pm

pente-penta-penta.Zzzzzzzzzzz.How many years? The cancer of the forum. Fucking move on. Or don't. Goodnight.zzzzz
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby flipflop » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:33 am

Alright Royal, how's tricks?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Royal » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:02 am

Keeping it up ok, thanks mate.
You?
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby flipflop » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:52 am

Tippety top old boy, good to see you're still about

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe