Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:46 pm

The UK is heading for the exits baby
47%
No way, the UK is in to stay
53%

Total votes : 15

Re: Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 am

Thanks old pal - even without a physical fix, the relentless state sponsored propaganda on behalf of the EU represents an affront to democracy that Putin would be proud of. The chances of a population voting against that level of propagdanda are extremely slim; the fact that it even remains close shows the depth of the problem. BOR and co can say what they like but the British people do not like answering to an anti-democratic bloc that is imposing mass migration upon them. Even if the EU propagandists buy their victory this time, it will only be kicking the can down the road.
One way or the other, Europe is heading for pain, thanks to the unholy alliance between elitist governments, big business and wooly minded lefties.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:26 am

nowonmai wrote:the British people do not like answering to an anti-democratic bloc

rofl - sure they do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... eveal.html
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:14 am

My one pro-Brexit friend just changed his vote. He said he wanted to shake things up, but just found out that "shaking things up" was going to affect his company, which has offices in Berlin and Amsterdam as well as Manchester and London. So he's changing his vote because he likes his job.

Once again, anecdote vs data. But anecdotally, it seems like it comes down to this broad, almost science fiction, vision of the future - a world where the EU forces the UK to be overrun by Poles and Muslims, who burn down London, kill the unarmed white men, rape the unarmed white women, then turn the island into a giant brown third world cesspool - and their own personal reality. Basically, a world that already exists, where they can work, travel, and live freely in a relatively large and diverse part of the world, rather than one small-ish island.

I notice the most of the enthusiastically pro-Brexit people in the BFC are USAmericans, not Brits or Europeans. Which, once again, is anecdotal, but since we aren't actually choosing between the convenient and profitable reality of an EU passport vs the fevered UKIP visions of an apocalyptic scifi future that almost certainly won't happen, neither affects us. Which gives us a certain freedom of hyperbole.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Douchebag » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:46 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Once again, anecdote vs data.

What data?
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:59 pm

She is talking about the majority of pro-Brexit active posters on the BFC to be American but fails to highlight that there are only about 5 or 6 active posters on here anyway.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:57 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:She is talking about the majority of pro-Brexit active posters on the BFC to be American but fails to highlight that there are only about 5 or 6 active posters on here anyway.

Not true, a whopping 14 people have cast their vote on this forum alone!
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Oh. That many? Okay then, I'll say 5 or 6 posters OF SUBSTANCE, I wasn't including those that have only 1-3 letters in their monikors and that's it, as they don't have that much to say that is meaningful and/or of note.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:29 pm

I could give a rats ass about the UK. But I made the 15th vote.
But I think referendum is going to go the same way as the Scottish succession vote.
Lots more lurkers here than posters for sure. I only have time to post when I'm not working, Waiting for it to quit raining now.
Enough substance to rate me ?
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Douchebag » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Europe is on the edge of civil war and England will avoid it by voting leave.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:43 pm

No matter what way it goes (and I don't think for a minute we'll be leaving the EU, out vote win or not), Bob Geldof will always be a complete and utter shitcunt

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby MJK » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Back in 1981 I worked at the Edgewater Hotel on the Seattle waterfront, where a significant number of entertainers stayed when in town. Geldof and other Boomtown Rats were in the bar and he rebuffed me soundly when I made a foolish attempt to say something to him. I told my bud the bartender about it, and he wiped a booger onto the bottom of the straw of the drink Geldof ordered. I've always wished that it had been my booger but I guess a booger on my behalf is better than no booger at all. I can't remember if it was a Monday or not.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:15 am

We booed them off the stage at a Van Halen concert in the L.A. Coliseum.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby ROB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:03 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Oh. That many? Okay then, I'll say 5 or 6 posters OF SUBSTANCE, I wasn't including those that have only 1-3 letters in their monikors and that's it, as they don't have that much to say that is meaningful and/or of note.

Such butthurt. lol
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:27 am

seektravelinfo wrote:She is talking about the majority of pro-Brexit active posters on the BFC to be American but fails to highlight that there are only about 5 or 6 active posters on here anyway.

It didn't occur to me that any of the stragglers still posting here out of boredom or habit were incapable of counting. And yet, there are. Coincidentally, they are all both pro-Brexit and USAmerican.

As an aside, anyone want to prognosticate numbers? I'll say 58% remain, 38% leave, 4% who knows what those people are thinking. With a relatively low turnout. Anyone else?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby MJK » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:23 pm

The EU cares not for votes and repeats or ignores the ones that do not favor them. And will rig the rest. Btitainistan is doomed. Any who'd care to flee are welcome in Alaska where you will be able to use your accents to clean up on the babes till your looks go; then live as grumpy old hermits in the bush, a fine Northern tradition.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe