Turkey goes all Armored Division on N Syria.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Turkey goes all Armored Division on N Syria.

Postby Q » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... order-town

Should be fun.

Annnnnnnd here we go....
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Re: Turkey goes all Armored Division on N Syria.

Postby Hitoru » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 pm

About friggin time
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby goat balls » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Experts fear this horrifying invasion may threaten the integrity of obamas vacation schedule.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 am

And Biden showed up in Turkey today, without Gulen's head on a platter (a man who was Erdogan's BFF until 3 years ago & now lives nicely in the Poconos), and well, there was this coup attempt last month & damned if Erdogan didn't skate out of it.

Anyhoo, Turkey is blaming Gulen for the coup try and leaning hard on the USA to extradite Gulen, and we won't (Goddamn right we won't).

So, anti-Americanism has surged in Turkey over this. The same people that Erdogan hosed down in Gezi Park two years ago are now in his corner while Erdogan tears through the country arresting people right and left while he's opening up the jails for pre-coup prisoners to go loose, freeing up jail space.

I don't know how far Biden's diplomacy spread to the Kurds, except that he scolded the YPG & told them to stay on the other side of the Euphrates while Turkey rolls in to presumably attack ISIS, though there are reports from the YPG's propaganda machine that Turkish military is in fact killing Kurds. It doesn't help matters that some Kurdish guerrillas have been killing Turkish soldiers and cops during the past few days. In Turkey.

There are Americans amongst the YPG there as volunteers to lend a hand soldier-wise. The YPG is not the same as the PKK except it kinda sorta is and sometimes it is hard to defend the distinction. A couple of worst case scenarios for any Americans over there right now in Syria: They're killed by Turks (Turkey killing Americans not cool) OR they are deemed to be participating with a terrorist organization ... PKK not YPG. Americans probably safe in SE Turkey, as long as one is extremely cautious, not only for oneself but for the people living there.

That's my travel advice on this here travel site.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Magic Wombat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 am

There was an American named Josh Bell who was injured by mortar fire he claims was coming from the Turkish side.

Also, YPG may not be PKK, but they sure as fuck share membership. They just come down from the mountains and trade in their MC hammer pants for green digital camo.
Magic Wombat
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 am

Anyone serving with the Kurds and is dumb enough to Instagram or Facebook about it deserves what they get.

If you think that the US won't throw your ass under the bus in a second inexchange for better relations with Turkey, you are sadly mistaken.

There are many, many ways to help without fucking sky lining oneself. Knuckledraggers...fucking morons. Every time.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby rdkll » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

august 24th 1516
Battle of Marj Dabiq

nice choice, sultan
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:16 pm

[quote="Magic Wombat"]There was an American named Josh Bell who was injured by mortar fire he claims was coming from the Turkish side.

Also, YPG may not be PKK, but they sure as fuck share membership. They just come down from the mountains and trade in their MC hammer pants for green digital camo.[/quote]

Yes you're right. Same but different once clothing and acronyms are switched, while still same. Thing is, the YPG have been the best at standing up to ISIS. They have saved lives while peshmerga of indie Kurdistan retreats.

Between Erdogan demanding extradition of Gulen and expecting compliance & even collusion while he decimates Kurds one has to question his priorities. It's pretty obvious. Thus far he has not shown the same bent out of shapeness about ISIS. Sure, he throws out a statement now & then but the vehemence is lacking. He seems more pissed off at the United States then he is about ISIS, while he fills Turkish prisons with anyone who looks at him sideways.

Gotta admire though the way he has come back from that coup with across the board support from the citizenry. Turks are
so nationalistic! But don't they know that hard-core secular Ataturk is rolling in his grave? How soon they forget their father.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe