Flipflop's Friday Night Disco

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Re: Flipflop's Friday Night Disco

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm

And the song that never got me laid in College.

Two Canadians named Kevin decided to be weird and created a pretty decent band to get high while listening to.

Of course one Kevin became Nivek and the other one became Cevin. They were lucky they were not both "Randy" or else one would have to have been EedNar and the other would had to have been "Randy".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKkRSUrTd8[/youtube]
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:26 am

Shriekback's "all Lined Up" is proper wierdo music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpXkwyQ9l30

I also remember Skinny Puppy playing at my university once, some guy hopped onto the stage with a knife to go after Nivek but it was all choreographed.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:52 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Shriekback's "all Lined Up" is proper wierdo music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpXkwyQ9l30

I also remember Skinny Puppy playing at my university once, some guy hopped onto the stage with a knife to go after Nivek but it was all choreographed.

He was supposed to have been a real junky too during the time in the 80s when junkies were like sasquatch. I had always suspected, though had no proof, that his junky-dom was staged as well.

But they were wierd 30 years ago. One guy singing through a DEPU (digital effects processing unit) and another guy flipping switches and pressing buttons...now that is normal.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rdkll » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:27 am

lol shriekback....

back on topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqltUUqwwM
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:57 pm

rdkll wrote:lol shriekback....

back on topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqltUUqwwM

I completely forgot about Red Lorry Yellow Lorry.

In the late 80s I was one of those college DJs who always said they were a college DJ in the late 80s. This was in the midwest US and it was AM radio but we had about 1000 watts of power so we could broadcast over a large area of the US that could care less.

Anyway, I played a few Red Lorry songs while getting high in the station and then gave an announcement of what I just played. And I get this call asking me if the band was a "fag band". I had no idea if they were gay or not and then the guy at the end of the line said "Which guy is Lori?"

He assumed they had a "Boy George" type thing going on. I told him that Lorry meant Truck in the UK and he said "only a fag would know that".

Back in the day, trolls had to use the phone.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rdkll » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:49 pm

i started listening to "punkrock" before i was a teen. the german umlauts of the band name "hüsker dü" on my t-shirt made my teacher belive i was some kind of nazi skinhead.

years later the same kind of people sent us students collecting money for an african community radio station. help the socio-cultural developement of a tiny african nation, they said. and we were all for it, i mean who doesn't want to save africa ?

the name of the radio station was "Radio Mille Collines"
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:49 pm

rdkll wrote:i started listening to "punkrock" before i was a teen. the german umlauts of the band name "hüsker dü" on my t-shirt made my teacher belive i was some kind of nazi skinhead.

years later the same kind of people sent us students collecting money for an african community radio station. help the socio-cultural developement of a tiny african nation, they said. and we were all for it, i mean who doesn't want to save africa ?

the name of the radio station was "Radio Mille Collines"

My wife is Nigerian. She claims that the only way the West can "Save Africa" is to stop other Westerners from "Saving" it. Radio Mille Collines proves her point.

When I was that age I would have fallen for it too. I believed all the Pan Africa BS and "African Unity" and though I objected to North American Unity I did not see how Africans could reject African Unity because I was an idiot.

Now if someone claims to be collecting money for Zambian orphans I wish it would be legal to put a bullet in their head. I would look up from the smoking pistol and brain puddle and smile and then when someone asked me what I had done I would reply "Just saved some Orphans"

But you cannot kill people trying to save Africa, so all of Africa is still at risk.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 am

She's African? So she has the answer to saving Africa?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:23 am

ROB wrote:She's African? So she has the answer to saving Africa?

They all do.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:49 pm

ROB wrote:She's African? So she has the answer to saving Africa?

Yes. Bullet in the back of the head of all corrupt officials.

Those are the ones NGO find useful since they all went to the same school.

And she's Igbo, not African. That's like saying you are Australasian and I am North American...Kinda true but seriously, who identifies like that other than people who write multi-thousand page trade agreements.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Flipflops Friday Night Disco

Postby Warnerden » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Damn... Strong praise. I will have to try top watch it some night after Larry passes out because she'll never watch it with me.
Warnerden

Re: Flipflops Friday Night Disco

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:09 am

Warnerden wrote:Damn... Strong praise. I will have to try top watch it some night after Larry passes out because she'll never watch it with me.

Your wife is named Larry? I do remember that my favorite song is "The Wind Cries Larry"

and you are prolly gonna be banned. Looks like I let a link spammer through
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 am

Amazing these guys are still at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAuCOnSBp9Q
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport