What is Aleppo?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

What is Aleppo?

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Well?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: What is Aleppo?

Postby The Turd Polisher » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:23 pm

ask Gary....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4[/youtube]
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:46 pm

I doubt any of the current candidates included Clinton know. I doubt many Americans could explain Aleppo in an accurate and contextual manner. Which of course is the english name, not the local name.

https://cdn.almasdarnews.com/wp-content ... o-map3.png
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Nice map, especially the yellow part.

Aleppo being one of the oldest continually populated cities of the world has been known of by many for some time. Sure, it's complicated but that doesn't excuse the Libertarian's gaffe, even if Mike Barnicle was an asshole in his delivery of the question.

The disheartening thing is that Baskets of Deplorables haven't bothered to learn anything about Aleppo since the gaffe took place.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Johnson does not have the handlers the other candidates have.

The reality is Aleppo is only important to Syrians. We can pretend otherwise, but look what happened that one time when suddenly someone found out what Baghdad was and then determined it was more important than most of the United States.

Does he know what Youngstown is? If he does I will very likely vote for him.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby RYP » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:07 pm

this bifurcated fuckfest has been built on gaffes. It is almost impossible to find anything wise or profound in the millions of metric tons of fibre free turds that spewed from the candidate's mouths.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Aleppo is so last year - now it's them migrants that are the cash cow.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Considering how much the MSM doctors "news", the only logical response to this would be to question the context, and agenda.

Especially when the MSM is going overboard defending the cunt in a pantsuit, who just about fucking did a half gainer into a sidewalk today.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby cbychoice » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 pm

RYP wrote:I doubt any of the current candidates included Clinton know. I doubt many Americans could explain Aleppo in an accurate and contextual manner. Which of course is the english name, not the local name.

Now ,now, anyone who has read a newspaper in the last year would have to be blind not have to read something of "'What is Aleppo?"
A little bit of inconsistancy saves a lot of explanation later
cbychoice
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:37 pm

this explains things......

Gary Johnson: "I've stopped using marijuana during White House bid"
June 17, 2016

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson revealed on Thursday that he is abstaining from using marijuana while he runs for the White House.
During an interview with USA Today, Johnson was asked how long it’s been since he's taken the drug. "It's been about seven weeks," he responded, adding that he would not partake in the drug during his term if he’s elected. "I want to be completely on top of my game, all cylinders."

Johnson has long advocated for legalizing the drug, saying on Thursday that there is "an unbelievable disconnect" between politicians and the public on the issue.

"I haven't had a drink of alcohol in 29 years because of rock climbing and the notion of being the best that you can be, and in that same vein I've stopped using marijuana of any kind," he said earlier in the interview.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... unning-for
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:03 pm

RYP wrote:I doubt any of the current candidates included Clinton know. I doubt many Americans could explain Aleppo in an accurate and contextual manner. Which of course is the english name, not the local name.

The most hilarious part of the whole gaffe was how many media outlets didn't know, either. It was the "de facto capital of ISIS," the "epicenter of the Syrian refugee crisis," the "strategically most important city in Syria." I would have believed all three of those, btw, except smarter people debunked them with numbers and facts. I've only heard of Aleppo because people there publish tons of videos to Youtube.

USAmericans are such freaking tools, it'd be funny if the stakes weren't so high. We would never judge Hillary on a single comment—say, "I remember landing under sniper fire." Or Trump, "I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-11, down at the World Trade Center." But, after they've spent two hours on Facebook, or two hours watching sports ball, or two hours watching the usual batch of attractive talking heads discuss a second-rate quarterback's opinion of songs pertaining to the War of 1812, they simply can't find 40 minutes to watch an interview with Gary Johnson. Tools.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpQQsRsWoc[/youtube]
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 pm

check it out: weloveyoubashar.com.

All he wanted to do was be a London eye doctor (which he was) but destiny sent him back home. He sure has one hell of a security detail.

Poor Gary Johnson. Gary "what is Aleppo" Johnson. If Sarah Palin had answered that question in that fashion then people would have been all over that as confirmation of her stupidity. Why should Gary Johnson get a pass. Because he is a Libertarian? I guess that's as good a reason as any, as any smart ones don't seem to be around.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Too bad Americans get more upset over dumb shit like this than they do the US military (most recently the US...errrr....I mean ISIS Air Force.) being an arm of radical Islam.

Assad is a hero.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Assad ain't no quitter, that's fo sho.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby cbychoice » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:39 am

Oops he did it again!
A little bit of inconsistancy saves a lot of explanation later