Mattis is Sec Def

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Mattis is Sec Def

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Any thoughts on Steve Bannon? He produced Titus which was kinda entertaining.

BTW the US will be ok I think. 80% of the talk up here at least by the media is if he is going to fuck up trade. I don't think so, at least in a big way, his way of protecting US jobs will be more like the Carrier example.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Any thoughts on Steve Bannon? He produced Titus which was kinda entertaining.

BTW the US will be ok I think. 80% of the talk up here at least by the media is if he is going to fuck up trade. I don't think so, at least in a big way, his way of protecting US jobs will be more like the Carrier example.

Nothing personal at you but the media doesn't even know what the economy is. And when they have questions about it, they go and ask university professors that also don't know what it is.

I didn't even know who Bannon was until after this election. He gave an interview which is well worth the read. He figured out the leftists down to their molecules. They're one big circle jerk that have no idea what is happening outside of their little groups. Read the interview.

I also think that the US will be fine until the rest of the world financially collapses. Then it comes to us. As bad as things are here, they're much worse everywhere else. The bond market is a global affair and once it starts to go south, I don't care what kind of bond you're trying to unload there won't be a bid. It's the fine print on the back page of the bond contracts that nobody reads that is the problem. That's what can take out the governments. Pope Julius III said "do you know,my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled? That was what, 1000 years ago? Nothing has changed.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:23 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Any thoughts on Steve Bannon? He produced Titus which was kinda entertaining.

OMG, he's like LITERALLY Hitler, so good pick. Anybody who rustles the jimmies of the fucking spastics on the left is good to go

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:05 pm

S

He's fascinating - if he's really the power behind the throne, we're in for a wild ride. He got my attention for two things. First, he's described himself as a "Leninist" who wants to destroy the state, ahem. Laypeople always think of Stalin as the big bad guy, since Lenin was laid waste by strokes and seizures before the New Economic Policy could really get underway. If you read a couple of books on ye olde USSR, you start agreeing with Molotov, that "Compared to Lenin, Stalin was a mere lamb." Dude wanted death camps for the bourgeoisie that would have made Hitler's final solution look junior league. I often wonder if a time traveler didn't come back and fuck with Lenin just to save humanity.

The second thing was the immediate tsunami of attacks on Bannon, from both the right and left, calling him a Nazi, an anti-Semite, everything horrible. When there's almost no evidence to support those claims. One of his several ex-wives, in their divorce papers, alleged that Bannon didn't want to send their daughters to a school with Jewish students because Jews bring up their children to be whiners. That's it. That's all the evidence. From a guy who has been in the public eye for 30 years. And, incidentally, made his fortune by picking up Seinfeld.

Then I found this 50-minute interview with the guy, from 2014, recorded from inside the Vatican, on Buzzfeed of all places. https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/th ... .qjxv7zo0j

Basically, he hates bankers (he used to work for Goldman Sachs) and thinks they should be punished for the 2008 global economic collapse, and wants to end corporate capitalism in favor of "entrepreneurial capitalism," with capitalism's inherit excesses moderated by a deep Judeo-Christian faith. Oh, and he hates Muslims.

Anyway, I keep reading about him and the guy is an absolute loon, just a hateful person and narcissist who casually destroys his friends, coworkers, wives, and children, and totally believes that the ends justify the means - hence Breitbart deliberately disseminating fake news in order to convince white supremacists that Trump would cleanse the USA of non-Europeans. Bannon did that. BUT. He also wants a trillion-dollar infrastructure project to rebuild the USA, thinks Putin is a scumbag, and wants to destroy corporate America. So..... weird, right? Oh, and he was in charge of Biosphere II, which was my second-favorite Pauly Shore movie so there's that.

This administration is SUCH a fucking mess. If the species survives this, we can survive anything.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby The Turd Polisher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Cheeto's semper fi continues....

John Kelly, Retired Marine General, Is Trump’s Choice to Lead Homeland Security
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us/po ... trump.html

"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm

The Turd Polisher wrote:John Kelly, Retired Marine General, Is Trump’s Choice to Lead Homeland Security

US Southern Command? Well, hopefully this guy will be able to explain to El Cheeto why deporting tens of thousands of gang members and narcotraffickers now safely incarcerated here in the USA to the Northern Triangle and Mexico could be a bad idea.

Of all the populist, MURICAFIRST! rah rah proposals, that one seems the most foolish. El Salvador and Honduras in particular are hanging onto rule of law by their fingernails right now. The prisons are full, the justice department is infiltrated with bad guys, and the economies are shaky. Wouldn't take much to tip the scales to the gangs. Cut off remittances and you'll have a couple of failed states in a fairly strategic area, and that's assuming Mexico and its preening mess of a president can muddle through.

So I can't get mad about this appointment, either.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Steve Bannon is a coke addled genius.

His strategy worked. He does not care about truth or lies and he wants to emulate Lenin in taking power and "Menshevik-ing" the main stream Republicans.

His ticker is gonna blow though. No one his age looks like that and lives very long, but credit where credit is due.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:37 pm

I've been reading up on John Kelly, the DHS nominee, and I've got to say, he's kind of awesome. Of course the left-wing press is focusing on his concern that Hezbollah is working with the narcotrafficking gangs, which a lot of experts think was a one-off deal rather than a regular working relationship. From my experience in the region and further reading, I'm utterly convinced that narcotraffickers are regularly working with Islamic "terrorist" groups (more like Arabic-speaking narcotrafficking gangs that use Allah as an excuse for their moneymaking activities) on a regular basis, to get cocaine from the Andes, across the Atlantic and Sahel, and into Italy for distribution throughout Central and Eastern Europe. But whatever.

The really great part is that the guy is TOTALLY against blocking remittances to Mexico and the Northern Triangle, and was the biggest non-Democrat cheerleader for Obama's Central American aid package. Plus, he seems to think the border wall is window dressing that will accomplish little except keep the base energized. He's all about increasing economic development and security in the region! He's all about Plan Colombia! He thinks US security depends on regional stability, not the retarded "Dump them there furrin criminals back where they came from" attitude of the average Trump voter. In short, he's sane and has a clue. Praise the Virgen.

So, yay. Here are a couple of articles if you think I'm being overly optimistic:

http://www.vox.com/2016/12/7/13868692/t ... curity-dhs
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analys ... pact-latam

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 pm

I know none of you big, strong men (or women) reads celebrity gossip, but I'm just going to kick this article out there. Trump is, after all, a celebrity. His spiritual forefather, Andrew Jackson, had a Kitchen Cabinet. This guy is going to have a Tinseltown Cabinet.

You may remember Wendi Deng, once married to Rupert Murdoch, their union ended by a torrid love affair with Prime Minister Tony Blaire, and who may currently be dating Vladimir Putin:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZNXZVNk74[/youtube]

She's an incredibly well connected woman. When Ivanka and Jared (can we use first names at this point, like with the Royal Family?) separated some years ago, she was the one who got them back together again. Here's a little background, with links for more information if you care:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Leonardo-Di ... Deng/45703

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby goat balls » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 pm

There are a lot of rumors floating around about Scott Pruitt taking over the EPA. They are not true. Don't believe any of them. Especially the rumor about him impaling the EPA people like Vlad the Impaler. You can't do that kind of thing. It's ridiculous. He should just fire them and give them a bad reference.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Rex Tillerson will be Secretary of State. Like a Viking. Al Gore's followers on 24/7 suicide watch. Chairman Tillerson stated that his intentions include turning California into a tank farm for crude oil.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:24 pm

LOL; Al Gore's People on Suicide Watch.

Sounds like we could turn that into a NASCAR Rally or something except they need encouragement.

As they always taught us at Benning; "Blood Make's the Grass Grow Green"

(Its organic...)
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Haven't been up to speed on US politics in a while if ever but it does seem like a bunch of people outside of the beltway or from it's fringe are getting nominated by the president-elect.
There is (according to wiki) still a Republican majority in both legislative chambers even if the Democrats did gain some seats so that shouldn't be an excuse.
If so, I gotta admit it might be interesting how all of this will play out within the different state departments.

And I have to ask, how does the whole Trump thing sit with the average "registered Republican" citizen, let alone the party proper?

I figured after the Palin for VP nomination back in '08, some decent folks must have already walked away.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Douchebag » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm

If you don't like it, then go join your greaser friends in Mexico.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:20 pm

The funniest thing about El Trumpo winning is the national leftist freak out. Who was that poster here who told his kids that they were going to be sent to rape camps after Obama won?

Well, the US left is doing that on a national, and very public, scale.

I didn't vote for the guy, but I'm loving every second of the shitfest so far.

Now, if you'll excuse me....I've got IR strobes to set up for the upcoming Russian airborne invasion. We're going to be tossing faggots and trannies off roofs soon.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe