Russian Ambassador murdered in Turkey

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Russian Ambassador murdered in Turkey

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Ankara. Reports are that the shooter yelled Allah Akbar, shot the man, stood over his body with the one-fingered monotheistic jihadist salute (because Syria). The shooter is a young Turkish police officer, which presumably gave him close access to his target.

What an uncomfortable phone call between Erdogan and Putin this must be.

Also make me think about:

I've been reading that Trump plans to scuttle Secret Service protection, instead using his own private security force. This suggests to me that Trump is worried about his safety around government security police forces, that he would possibly be "offed" by the Secret Service, so he just hires his own private army. Is there any kind of precedent for this in America?
No? I didn't think so.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: Russian Ambassador murdered in Turkey

Postby Jefe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Look the size of the guys finger in the picture after he shot him. LOL, the Ambassador was lucky he only caught a bullet or two.

On your post above, maybe Yorick left a tin foil hat you can use to contemplate this?
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Well, he does plan to keep his private security detail, instead of using Secret Service. Can he do that, hire into place his own private police force? Who vets them? How will that work?

Foulplay, send your resume
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 am

Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Reports that Erdogan is blaming Gulen for this (his nemesis who resides in Pennsylvania). How soon once Trump takes office will it be before Erdogan pressures him to extradite Gulen to Turkey? How will Trump respond?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:41 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Reports that Erdogan is blaming Gulen for this (his nemesis who resides in Pennsylvania). How soon once Trump takes office will it be before Erdogan pressures him to extradite Gulen to Turkey? How will Trump respond?

The Donald ain't gonna take any shit from that inbred little monkey.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Ha. Trump has business dealings in Turkey. Trump Toweres Istanbul. As soon as Trump was elected Erdogan threw Trump's Turkish business partners in jail as leverage to get Gulen back.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:50 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Ha. Trump has business dealings in Turkey. Trump Toweres Istanbul. As soon as Trump was elected Erdogan threw Trump's Turkish business partners in jail as leverage to get Gulen back.

The Donald has way cool hair. Monkey boy don't. Nuf said right there. Now would you like to interest me in a lovely new 3 piece living room set?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:10 am

I'd rather get you onto a good mattress.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:32 am

You Hussy you.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Ha. Trump has business dealings in Turkey. Trump Toweres Istanbul. As soon as Trump was elected Erdogan threw Trump's Turkish business partners in jail as leverage to get Gulen back.

You're like the Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin of the left.

That red light that caught you this morning? Trump and Putin did that.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Darcy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Lived in Turkey for nearly two years, along the Black Sea coast, and still have lots of good friends there, many of them military helo pilots and I'm not sure what happened to them or which side of the coup they were on. The Turks I know were very proud of their Ataturk secularism, their moderate Muslim leanings, and Erdogan has them very nervous. I'm personae non-grata and can't even pass through Istanbul anymore.....all over dodgy work VISAs...damn. Makes certain routes to Africa a PIA....
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 am

[quote="Q"][quote="seektravelinfo"]Ha. Trump has business dealings in Turkey. Trump Toweres Istanbul. As soon as Trump was elected Erdogan threw Trump's Turkish business partners in jail as leverage to get Gulen back.[/quote]

That red light that caught you this morning? Trump and Putin did that.[/quote]

Ha. Jokes on you. Glenn Beck has gone to the other side.

I see what's going on now. Conservatives & altRighters are loudly scorning and dismissing the blowback against Trump and the death of American Democracy, not yet realizing that most Americans would back up, for example, what Meryl Streep said, and y'all not yet realizing that Trump's honeymoon will stop the moment he is sworn in, and the for-real shit unfolds and y'all's humiliation will be vast. Y'all are whistling past the graveyard while you're selling wolf tickets.

Now, when I say y'all I'm speaking in a rhetorical sense, not to single anyone out here on the "flag", someone like "Q" maybe, and this one and that one.

As for Trump's business dealings in Istanbul & the resultant fall-out to those poor Friend Of Gulen (FOG) bastards, but watch, it's going to get bizarro, seeing how Erdogan & Putin are so chummy right now and they will have Trump for lunch. And Trump is gonna like it. Until he doesn't.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:15 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Q wrote:

That red light that caught you this morning? Trump and Putin did that.

Ha. Jokes on you. Glenn Beck has gone to the other side.

I see what's going on now. Conservatives & altRighters are loudly scorning and dismissing the blowback against Trump and the death of American Democracy, not yet realizing that most Americans would back up, for example, what Meryl Streep said, and y'all not yet realizing that Trump's honeymoon will stop the moment he is sworn in, and the for-real shit unfolds and y'all's humiliation will be vast. Y'all are whistling past the graveyard while you're selling wolf tickets.

Now, when I say y'all I'm speaking in a rhetorical sense, not to single anyone out here on the "flag", someone like "Q" maybe, and this one and that one.

As for Trump's business dealings in Istanbul & the resultant fall-out to those poor Friend Of Gulen (FOG) bastards, but watch, it's going to get bizarro, seeing how Erdogan & Putin are so chummy right now and they will have Trump for lunch. And Trump is gonna like it. Until he doesn't.

Better than Clinton in any circumstance.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:07 am

Pepe for the people.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe