2017, let's reengage RYP, make the BFC great again

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 2017, let's reengage RYP, make the BFC great again

Postby Vincent » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Howdy folks. came across a mention of RYP in "Way of the Knife," and thought I would check in.

Seems like alot of the old gang is filtering back. Anyone been anywhere lately?
"Too bad my real life experiences lead me to believe they're just like the rest of us: 5% assholes, 5% good people and 90% scenery." - el3so, BFC philosopher and bon vivant.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:11 pm

RYP is going to have to denounce his current alphabet agency handlers before I toss him a bone.

Fuck off, ye cunts.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm off to SE Asia in a few weeks. 6 weeks, short trip, better than nothin.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Good suggestion 2C, there hasn't been much travel discussed here as of late. Where have you been?

I am off on a cunt's vacation in a couple of weeks to Tanzania.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:20 pm

We are redoing the CBA site and the forum. But its slow geeky work.

I spend so much time in Facebook jail I could write my prison memoirs.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby RYP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

The best format is for people to ask questions and get answers. Plus brutal moderating of unrelated posts. Something we do terribly but will have to start if we want anyone that isn't posting from jail.
RYP

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:10 pm

RYP wrote:The best format is for people to ask questions and get answers. Plus brutal moderating of unrelated posts. Something we do terribly but will have to start if we want anyone that isn't posting from jail.

Wrong. Have you learned nothing?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

behave. IF you want the new kids to survive their first year of Black Flag they need a little space and time.
RYP

never blamed you E plus of course I might be wrong

Postby el3so » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:50 am

w0000000000t Vincent!

rickshaw92 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsoVYStL6gQ[/youtube] What a couple of useless twats.

I didn't get it at first, guess I am indeed getting old but why would grown-ups need a communal area on an address one paid rent or mortgage on? Can't blame the dude for sticking up for the chick though, she's hot enough 8 beers in, albeit short, so I kind of understand.
Free wifi is cool if I were to like sharing my sexual perversions with my neighbours (a drunk dude and his clumsy on-and-off girlfriend; a nice guy, his sterile wife and their dog). Plus it'd clamp down on download speeds so I'll just pay up.

rickshaw92 wrote: I have a shirt with pyramids on it and a caption that says 'slavery gets shit done.'

No longer wearing the "I support single moms" thing on account of it becoming creepy and being lived in, that's an enabling relationship if there ever was one.
Still, you have to laugh.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Douchebag » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:09 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:I'm off to SE Asia in a few weeks. 6 weeks, short trip, better than nothin.

Scraped up enough for your operation, have ya?
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:27 am

Where have I been, have no idea where to,start.

Since Papua New Guinea, multiple US trips and contracts. Couple gigs in the Caribbean islands, reunion in Germany and a contract in the greater EU. Managed to slide in a Masters degree and gain twenty pounds riding the academic curve of greatness.

Yeah, nah, bored to near tears becoming an Educated purveyor of opinions and research. HELP
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby crotalus01 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Was planning to try Iran next year but Trump might have trumped that trip LOL. Algeria and Tunisia this summer if the Algerian embassy cooperates and gives me a visa. Backup for that is Lebanon Egypt Jordan and uh...that other country that I can't mention if I want a visa for most of the places I mentioned....
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Jefe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am

The BFC launched after a great book and died after:

1. Moderators that posed as ParaRescue/CIA operatives but were actually firemen. Akil the super cool guy who was just a dirtbag and similar "leaders" came to light.
2. RYP acted completely condescending to the people who really were in DPs for a living day in/out and posting from the field and called BS on his attitude and trumped up image.
3. The site was swarmed by Penta Like Guardian cut/pasters who argued with people in the field.
4. COL KKW left.
5. People who used to post credible info got sick of seeing it attacked by retards per #3 and stopped posting info.

The board was made great for a brief time by the people that came here from the field. The remnants of that crowd are getting old and at least speaking for myself not in the field or likely to go again, but, I started in the Cold War so its high time to smell the roses a bit.

It still has some guys who were at least Former Action Guys (FAGs). A couple of travelers and still the unfathomable career libtards that come here to spout left wing political bullshit which was essentially the substance of RYPs last DP books.

You still have some briliant minds here. Nowonmai, Flip Flop as far as field guys (more I am sure). There are some travelers too in sort of DP kind of stuff.

But, best of luck 2C. You have always been one of the good guys and best regards. If the forum became good again, it would come from attracting field guys which made it good in the first place. Fewer field guys out there now, RYPs reputation is shot amongst contractors and the field guys long since stopped communicating on the board and kept it amongst themselves and it's highly unlikely to change given the history.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:50 pm

This web stuff takes longer than writing a book. Hang on

And Jefe. Creative fiction is not your forte. I wrote a book on contractors. Last time I checked all the friends I made are still there. I am writing a book on Africa. Oddly enough Africa is still there too. Perhaps that's the problem. Opinions are fine when backed up by facts. Opinions by themselves, are just opinions.
RYP

Postby flipflop » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe