A Moment of Silence, for victims of Bowling Green Massacre

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: A Moment of Silence, for victims of Bowling Green Massac

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm OK with making fun of all these fake terrorist attacks, just because a lot of people believe them. Like, a lot of my lefty friends were changing their Facebook profiles to the Swedish flag with #jesuisikea on it, and one of my right-wing Trump voter friends did it too, unironically. He totally believed the Swedish attack happened, because Trump told him it did. Which brings us to a total of four fake terrorist events the Trump Administration has invented for political purposes: Bowling Green, Atlanta, Sweden, and the Arab-language signs in Mexico telling al-Qaeda how to cross the border.

Here's the thing, loads of people believe that all four of those things happened. Not just my one friend. I'd guesstimate more than half of Trump voters. Probably several BFC users. BUT. If everyone is joking about how the attacks were made up on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc, that's at least going to make them question the Administration's official version of events. At least, I hope so.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stockholm_bombings

Except there was something.

and then this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Goth ... orism_plot

But that was just the cartoonist, so the left sorta ignored that because the not-so-unspoken rule among the left was not to make fun of the prophet, unless it was a Christian one.

Not big ones. But stuff was happening there.

There is so much to go after Trump for, why bother with a time that he over-generalizes something that can be proven to be true? If we stab at everything we wont hit anything except the ever important smugness we value way too much.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:50 am

The left knows as much about Islam as the right does, which is not much.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:59 pm

It doesn't matter what you think. Whether you're nice or nasty. History is coming for you whether you like it or not. It's beautiful.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe