Libya: Update

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Libya: Update

Postby RYP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Q since you are in love with you own version of something that sounds quite impressive. Let me know the name and phone number of any "Tier One' group you associate with.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Are you saying that Q is a fantasist and a poseur ?
Perhaps a pathological liar?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 pm

never met him. But he definitely is tiny angry fisted and full of shit.
RYP

Postby sparrow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 am

Regime change,
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2003/03/chre-m04.html

hahaha, now in Syria, yeah that's worked out so well hasn't it? Do I have to point to the success of Iraq, or maybe Libya fuckers? Oh yeah, I know Canada was in Libya much to our shame. Our former Prime Minister will not be looked upon kindly in the history books.

Where did those ISIS guys come from, hey? Your military is likely to start WW3 given your current POTUS and his actions. Good luck to us all.

And, fuck off.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby nowonmai » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:00 am

sparrow wrote:Our former Prime Minister will not be looked upon kindly in the history books.

You'll be lucky if you have any history books if your current prime minister represents the future of Canada.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm

I honestly cannot fathom why people seem to fall over loving that guy. Seems fake and manufactured as shit to me.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:33 pm

interesting J-DAM like munitions. can't be more than 250 lb. bombs from the looks. Times 6 for max load. seems like quite a load for that airframe. NTM the Sniper pod under the fuselage. noticed the backseat Wizzo. Also noticed lack of gun ports on wings. wonder if hard points can carry external gunpods. definitely not low tech. or low maintenance. Steve Canyon, where are you?
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:50 pm

this began with IOMAX and Erik's love of traditional STOL aircraft used with hard points. Erik bought a Tucano and leased it to the Air Force but the Air Tractor was a better and cheaper front line aircraft. They do some weird "gifting" scam where the UAE buys them, they fly them via Malta and then they end up in Libya, Somalia, Eritrea and Yemen. http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft ... ft_id=1674
RYP

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:03 am

ROB wrote:I honestly cannot fathom why people seem to fall over loving that guy. Seems fake and manufactured as shit to me.

I can't speak for other Canucks here but I don't think he is that widely loved other than the media. I think he got in because the Conservatives got stupid. They were in the lead in the last election then decided to make their campaign about how much they hated Trudeau. It didn't work for them. That being said Canucks are boy scouts and have a mild tendancy to stick up for their leader unless they really hate him.

As far as the fake and manufactured part, he was in the public eye from birth as his dad was PM at the time. Or maybe Castro is his dad.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe