Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby The Turd Polisher » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm

always enjoyed his sharing the global and local intersections of food, culture, and wandering

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/antho ... index.html

"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Postby kinderdigi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:36 am

Tweet..
"..and I am in no way an HRC fan. I’ve been on the receiving end of her operatives’ wrath. And it ain’t fun."

— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) May 2, 2018

http://freebeacon.com/culture/clinton-a ... n-accuser/
kinderdigi
BFCus Regularus

Postby kinderdigi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am

kinderdigi
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 am

Poor Tony Bourdain? Fuck him. and every other rich and famous twat who thought they had a problem and decided to kill themself. Like that cunt kate spade who offed herself just before. they got the world by the balls. got a problem? get fucking help. you certainly can afford it, unlike most of the poor sods who can't. "oh, i'm sooo tired of living the good life, eating the best food, fucking the finest ass, and traveling the world in first class. i think i'll do drugs or some other stupid fucking thing. poor poor pitiful me." fuck 'em one and all. ntm bourdain was a pig. no one ever said i was PC.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 am

The pain that leads to suicide can be represented no larger than our collective veterans. The pain that leads to suicide shares no demographic. But it shares a common thread, to stop ones pain and let others live. But the pain is so deep those who commit don’t understand they transfer the pain and take the living away from survivors. Bad form Aztec, you are better than that.
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby AztecDave » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

2 Charlie wrote:The pain that leads to suicide can be represented no larger than our collective veterans. The pain that leads to suicide shares no demographic. But it shares a common thread, to stop ones pain and let others live. But the pain is so deep those who commit don’t understand they transfer the pain and take the living away from survivors. Bad form Aztec, you are better than that.

I'm 100% correct. Bourdain and his likes that off themselves is a 1st World problem. Travel to the 3rd World shitholes of the world where folks don't even know where their next meal is coming from or when. Ask them what they think about this.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am

Travel to the 3rd World shitholes of the world where folks don't even know where their next meal is coming from or when. Ask them what they think about this.

The top 10 countries by suicide rate are:

1 Sri Lanka
3 Mongolia
4 Kazakhstan
8 Lithuania
2 Guyana
6 Suriname
7 Equatorial Guinea
5 Côte d'Ivoire
9 Angola
10 South Korea

Hardly a smorgasbord of wealth and privilege.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Excellent Rob, Facts and a response.
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby AztecDave » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 am

ROB wrote:
Travel to the 3rd World shitholes of the world where folks don't even know where their next meal is coming from or when. Ask them what they think about this.

The top 10 countries by suicide rate are:

1 Sri Lanka
3 Mongolia
4 Kazakhstan
8 Lithuania
2 Guyana
6 Suriname
7 Equatorial Guinea
5 Côte d'Ivoire
9 Angola
10 South Korea

Hardly a smorgasbord of wealth and privilege.

thanks for proving my point. which was that places that present an extremely (and genuine) difficult living environment deserve a harder look at for the causes of suicide, and therefore our sympathy. these are folks with real problems. not a privileged turd like bourdain. like my old man used to say, "the last time i was wrong was when i thought i made a mistake." discussion ended.
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:06 am

lol - Pretty sure you just tried to swing your point 180, but whatever.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

ROB wrote:lol - Pretty sure you just tried to swing your point 180, but whatever.

pretty sure I didn't. not really into swinging.
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Think Aztec Dave is saying people in third world shit holes have reasonable excuses to kill themselves like famine, debtor prisons, abject poverty, etc. Whereas these wealthy celebrities have all resources needed for help and choose to kill themselves anyway. Therefore someone in a place of little/no privilege is going to roll their eyes at some rich assholes supposed plight. Frankly if I offed myself people better call me an asshole and piss on my grave.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:09 am

The big clue in the phrase "mental illness" are the words, mental and illness.

You cannot logic your way out of it because your brain is literally not working logically. That is the fucking point.

Durp durp, why don't people with a cold just stop sneezing durp durp?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 am

No cure for the common cold and no cure for suicidal ideation.

But anyone with thoughts of ending it all should consider that bridge jump survivors regretted their decision on the way down.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:10 pm

brain is literally not working logically

consider that bridge jump survivors regretted their decision on the way down.

sigh
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe