Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 am

ROB wrote:
brain is literally not working logically

consider that bridge jump survivors regretted their decision on the way down.

sigh

Apparently the 'Shit, I'm going to die' circumstances gets the logic portion of the brain firing.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Junkies and ex junkies DO NOT join the 'hang myself with a bathrobe belt' club-if anybody knows how to kiss it all goodbye it is this group. This whole notion of sudden onset killmyselfitis and the suddenly growing list of robe belt suicides tells us
Anthony suffered from a DSV. A Deep State Visit.

His 'red witch' peter holster seems to be up to her cooter in this.

Wake up people; a shadow ban dictates that I cannot be around providing the sage advice you all have come to depend on...

Rob, what size bathrobe do you wear?
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby kinderdigi » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:29 am

MJK wrote:Junkies and ex junkies DO NOT join the 'hang myself with a bathrobe belt' club-if anybody knows how to kiss it all goodbye it is this group. This whole notion of sudden onset killmyselfitis and the suddenly growing list of robe belt suicides tells us
Anthony suffered from a DSV. A Deep State Visit.

His 'red witch' peter holster seems to be up to her cooter in this.

Wake up people; a shadow ban dictates that I cannot be around providing the sage advice you all have come to depend on...

Rob, what size bathrobe do you wear?

I rarely stray from my archive but, I must comment. I fully agree. My brother chose the easy method of checking out. Just an OD. Painless and simple. And, Tony made some comments that, SOME people didn't like. This may have gone un-responded to, except for his media stature.

Tony's exchanges, right up to the deadline, were all positive. The painting he bought is of interest, but, he was a collector. I gave it little thought. He's just added to the list. RIP Tony. You should have kept your yap shut.

They are still in power, like it or not.

https://twitter.com/bourdain/status/991 ... 53?lang=en

https://twitter.com/Bourdain/status/991823988765614081
kinderdigi
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

gnaruki wrote:Apparently the 'Shit, I'm going to die' circumstances gets the logic portion of the brain firing.

Naah, it's the read some dross from some twat on a message board circumstance that gets the neurons really firing.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:44 am

MJK wrote:Rob, what size bathrobe do you wear?

Oh, you.

I think last year's present of cat fur nipple warmers is more than enough from you.

Minx.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby kinderdigi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am

Bombshell Bourdain interview is published one month after his suicide: Celebrity chef unloads on 'rapey, gropey and disgusting Bill Clinton and hopes Weinstein is 'beaten to death in jail'
Anthony Bourdain gave a lengthy, wide ranging interview to journalist Maria Bustillos for her recently launched magazine Popula
In the interview, conducted in February and published Sunday, Bourdain slammed Bill Clinton's handling of his sexual misconduct allegations
He also condemned Clinton's wife Hillary for her role in 'destroying' the women
Bourdain, one of the most outspoken male supporters of the #MeToo movement, said he would have liked to see the producer 'beaten to death in his cell'
He also touched on politics in the Trump-era saying he would compromise his principles for some 'f**king competency'
Bourdain also bizarrely said Jared Kushner's eyebrows appeared 'manscaped' and said he 'was a born snitch'

Snip
'Bill Clinton, look, the bimbo eruptions - it was f***king monstrous,' Bourdain said, before describing the former presidents as 'a piece of s**t, entitled, rapey, gropey, grabby, disgusting'.

Bourdain went on to condemn the way Clinton and wife Hillary 'destroyed these women' who came forward with the allegations.
'He is a very charming man, I met him, he's f**king magnetic. As is (Hillary). When you're in the room, you think wow, she's really warm and nice and funny. But the way they efficiently dismantled, destroyed, and shamelessly discredited these women for speaking their truth.'

Snip
When asked about Clinton's response in his February interview, Bourdain said: 'I will tell you that as frightening as that was at times, when I sat there with Asia, as she texted her sisters… watching the Clinton apology on Weinstein, and (Asia's) watching this statement, there was a lot of anticipation.
'People were really hoping she'd come out with a… I don't know. Let's just say with something different. I immediately tweeted my disappointment, very much shaped by what I saw around me. And I will tell you, that was really f**king frightening, the reaction to that. You know, I voted for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rviews.htm
kinderdigi
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm

ROB wrote:
gnaruki wrote:Apparently the 'Shit, I'm going to die' circumstances gets the logic portion of the brain firing.

Naah, it's the read some dross from some twat on a message board circumstance that gets the neurons really firing.

Your prose does hurt the logic part of my brain.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Deep State Visit.

The progression of beliefs as one ages.

Born >>> Santa! >>>> Shit, Santa is not real, I guess this should be a lesson >>>Other stuff happens >>>>Deep State Claus! (look, a present)

My theory about the Deep State is someday, someone is gonna go batshit on a bunch of Federal office workers and kill them because they think they are part of the Deep State....like in front of a DC food truck or something
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Bet it'll be extremely convulated. Like deep state conspriacy nut massacres employees at start-up that is contracting with USPS to further automate mail processing. A rambling diatribe from 2018 was found on their livejournal page (because nut jobs always use some outdated technology) accusing the Clintons of colluding with the USPS to manipulate votes via junk mailers.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 am

gnaruki wrote:Your prose does hurt the logic part of my brain.

Somehow, I don't doubt that.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe