How to get over loss of family.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How to get over loss of family.

Postby WillyBlues » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 am

I'm in a rehab, waiting for my hearing aides in a couple of weeks. I thought I would spend the rest of my life embracing change. Started by losing a couple of pounds. What are other things should I be considering?
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Re: How to get over loss of family.

Postby WillyBlues » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 am

And, unfortunately, adventure travel isn't on my list.
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 am

Yet.
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:47 am

But I always liked the BFC.
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Stay as physically active and mentally stimulated as you can, eat properly, get professional help so as not to develop any long term mental health issues (or pile onto ones you may already have), learn to love yourself if you don't already, and be good to yourself. I mean that last one too. Be kind to yourself, my dude.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 pm

I have hearing aids. I am missing about 40% to 60% of my hearing depending on the range. When you get the hearing aids force yourself to wear them no matter how weird it feels. You hear things you are not used to hearing. You know how when you take LSD and you feel simultaneously fatigued and energized? That's how it feels at first, you are energized because of the "new sensations" which are also taking a lot of effort to process...It lasts for about 1 day and it is tempting to say "that was interesting" and then put them away so you can "go back to normal"

But that is the normal now.

I suppose that attitude can also be helpful for other changes, both good and bad so I hope that helps you at bit.

Thanks for posting again. we do need it these days.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby WillyBlues » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 am

Kurt wrote:I have hearing aids. I am missing about 40% to 60% of my hearing depending on the range. When you get the hearing aids force yourself to wear them no matter how weird it feels. You hear things you are not used to hearing. You know how when you take LSD and you feel simultaneously fatigued and energized? That's how it feels at first, you are energized because of the "new sensations" which are also taking a lot of effort to process...It lasts for about 1 day and it is tempting to say "that was interesting" and then put them away so you can "go back to normal"

But that is the normal now.

I suppose that attitude can also be helpful for other changes, both good and bad so I hope that helps you at bit.

Thanks for posting again. we do need it these days.

No problem always liked the Flag, just need my wife back, like an ass I divorced her, never lamented such a decision, and I'm not stupid , just confounded.
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe