HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SW RANGER » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Just wanted to say hello to you all and state I've been following RYP's stuff since I picked up a Copy of THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACES IN 1997 to take my mind off My Dad's Quadruple By Pass ...He made it through and lived until 2009 at the ripe age of 89....Mom followed him in 2013 at the age of 2013...The Only dangerous experiences they had when travelling overseas when they were shaken down for $100 USD by a Female Commissar and her two Burp Gun Toting Guards on the Chopin Express whilst in Czecholslovokia going from Vienna to Warsaw in 1983...Dad and my Brother Rich were accosted by a Gang of Female Gypsies in Poland in 1988 who tried to mug them for their $$$$$ along with travelling on a Russian Passenger Ship from Stockholm to Danzig with Live Electrical Wires in the Bathrooms...Not to mention some very Rude Desk Clerks at NOVOTEL.....

Even though I do not agree with MDP's insights on pre Mugabe Rhodesia and Pre Mandela South Africa I find the insights most enlightening

Hope to make some new pals here !
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

Neville : So, there is a little light in the forest after all.
SW RANGER

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Welcome to the board.

Sorry about our slow response time in letting your posts languish for a few days. i have removed you from the "New Users" category so all your posts should be up without needing approval.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby SW RANGER » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm

OK THANKS !
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

SW RANGER

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:44 am

You should offer to copy edit the next edition of WMDP for spelling.

That is always hilarious.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 am

SW RANGER wrote:Just wanted to say hello to you all and state I've been following RYP's stuff since I picked up a Copy of THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACES IN 1997 to take my mind off My Dad's Quadruple By Pass ...He made it through and lived until 2009 at the ripe age of 89....Mom followed him in 2013 at the age of 2013...The Only dangerous experiences they had when travelling overseas when they were shaken down for $100 USD by a Female Commissar and her two Burp Gun Toting Guards on the Chopin Express whilst in Czecholslovokia going from Vienna to Warsaw in 1983...Dad and my Brother Rich were accosted by a Gang of Female Gypsies in Poland in 1988 who tried to mug them for their $$$$$ along with travelling on a Russian Passenger Ship from Stockholm to Danzig with Live Electrical Wires in the Bathrooms...Not to mention some very Rude Desk Clerks at NOVOTEL.....

Even though I do not agree with MDP's insights on pre Mugabe Rhodesia and Pre Mandela South Africa I find the insights most enlightening

Hope to make some new pals here !

Who do you think will believe this? Fuck off.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby SW RANGER » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm

AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO SPARROW !

SW RANGER

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm

SW RANGER wrote:AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO SPARROW !

That's how he shows affection.

Welcome to the board. Unless you're Mach, in which case, fuck off.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby SW RANGER » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Gee thanks Guys !

SW RANGER

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I thought mack was kinderfuckmonkey?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:26 pm

This guy seems pretty mach-ish.

By the way, did you know Seth Rich is alive?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:43 pm

snaark wrote:
By the way, did you know Seth Rich is alive?

Is he? Did you read through 30+ pages of gibberish to find that out? I still have no idea who Seth is!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby El Pelon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 am

We ain't right in the head around here most of the time, but we do enjoy ourselves. Welcome to the psychosis Mr. Ranger.

rickshaw, you going to be in Bangkok again any time soon? We may be bumping through there again a couple of times in the next few months. I'll buy you another buffet dinner if you end up there while we are :)
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 am

Probably round Dec / Jan. Would love to meet up if you are around at that time. Bring that big Swedish dude with you if you can.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Probably round Dec / Jan. Would love to meet up if you are around at that time. Bring that big Swedish dude with you if you can.

Fuck that guy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby SRR » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am

Well welcome then. We can all appreciate shakedowns. Glad there's still new blood coming here... what... 20 years later?

I hope you get offended early and often. That's what this place is for. Oh, and the Tinfoil Hat part, that's most important.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe