HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SW RANGER » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Just wanted to say hello to you all and state I've been following RYP's stuff since I picked up a Copy of THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACES IN 1997 to take my mind off My Dad's Quadruple By Pass ...He made it through and lived until 2009 at the ripe age of 89....Mom followed him in 2013 at the age of 2013...The Only dangerous experiences they had when travelling overseas when they were shaken down for $100 USD by a Female Commissar and her two Burp Gun Toting Guards on the Chopin Express whilst in Czecholslovokia going from Vienna to Warsaw in 1983...Dad and my Brother Rich were accosted by a Gang of Female Gypsies in Poland in 1988 who tried to mug them for their $$$$$ along with travelling on a Russian Passenger Ship from Stockholm to Danzig with Live Electrical Wires in the Bathrooms...Not to mention some very Rude Desk Clerks at NOVOTEL.....

Even though I do not agree with MDP's insights on pre Mugabe Rhodesia and Pre Mandela South Africa I find the insights most enlightening

Hope to make some new pals here !
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Welcome to the board.

Sorry about our slow response time in letting your posts languish for a few days. i have removed you from the "New Users" category so all your posts should be up without needing approval.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19793
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SW RANGER » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm

OK THANKS !
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:44 am

You should offer to copy edit the next edition of WMDP for spelling.

That is always hilarious.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby sparrow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 am

SW RANGER wrote:Just wanted to say hello to you all and state I've been following RYP's stuff since I picked up a Copy of THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PLACES IN 1997 to take my mind off My Dad's Quadruple By Pass ...He made it through and lived until 2009 at the ripe age of 89....Mom followed him in 2013 at the age of 2013...The Only dangerous experiences they had when travelling overseas when they were shaken down for $100 USD by a Female Commissar and her two Burp Gun Toting Guards on the Chopin Express whilst in Czecholslovokia going from Vienna to Warsaw in 1983...Dad and my Brother Rich were accosted by a Gang of Female Gypsies in Poland in 1988 who tried to mug them for their $$$$$ along with travelling on a Russian Passenger Ship from Stockholm to Danzig with Live Electrical Wires in the Bathrooms...Not to mention some very Rude Desk Clerks at NOVOTEL.....

Even though I do not agree with MDP's insights on pre Mugabe Rhodesia and Pre Mandela South Africa I find the insights most enlightening

Hope to make some new pals here !

Who do you think will believe this? Fuck off.
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SW RANGER » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm

AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO SPARROW !
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm

SW RANGER wrote:AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO SPARROW !


That's how he shows affection.

Welcome to the board. Unless you're Mach, in which case, fuck off.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
User avatar
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4131
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Bahrain

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SW RANGER » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Gee thanks Guys !
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I thought mack was kinderfuckmonkey?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8968
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:26 pm

This guy seems pretty mach-ish.

By the way, did you know Seth Rich is alive?
User avatar
snaark
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Germany

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:43 pm

snaark wrote:
By the way, did you know Seth Rich is alive?


Is he? Did you read through 30+ pages of gibberish to find that out? I still have no idea who Seth is!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8968
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby El Pelon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 am

We ain't right in the head around here most of the time, but we do enjoy ourselves. Welcome to the psychosis Mr. Ranger.

rickshaw, you going to be in Bangkok again any time soon? We may be bumping through there again a couple of times in the next few months. I'll buy you another buffet dinner if you end up there while we are :)
User avatar
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:01 am

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 am

Probably round Dec / Jan. Would love to meet up if you are around at that time. Bring that big Swedish dude with you if you can.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8968
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Probably round Dec / Jan. Would love to meet up if you are around at that time. Bring that big Swedish dude with you if you can.


Fuck that guy.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby SRR » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am

Well welcome then. We can all appreciate shakedowns. Glad there's still new blood coming here... what... 20 years later?

I hope you get offended early and often. That's what this place is for. Oh, and the Tinfoil Hat part, that's most important.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
User avatar
SRR
Hippie Dangerous
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:07 pm

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron