Where to Find the Best Airport Food

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Where to Find the Best Airport Food

Postby SW RANGER » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Whether you’re shopping name-brand chefs or craving a certain country’s cuisine, the airports of the world are now your culinary oyster. In the past, the thought of terminal restaurant food may have had your stomach doing pre-flight flip-flops at the prospect of shady salads or greasy pizza, burgers, and bar snacks. Fear not, foodies. These days, the airfields at most international destinations are proud to provide local specialties and regional bounty crafted by homegrown kitchen talent or offer celebrity-chef outposts earning Michelin kudos.

Of course, you can find delicious fare no matter where your destination or layover city is. Airport websites often do a good job of highlighting local and regional specialties on offer. Reputable guides such as Zagatt and Fodors are great resources for discerning travel diners. Foodie sites such as Eater and review sites like Yelp offer localized advice on finding the best eats ⁠— even at the local airport. Rounded up below is a selection of airport grub that makes the culinary cut......

https://www.thediscoverer.com/blog/the- ... port-food/
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

Neville : So, there is a little light in the forest after all.
SW RANGER

Re: Where to Find the Best Airport Food

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm

The new airport in BKK has a Subway. Not 5 star but menu prices that fit the amount of leftover Bhat I usually find myself stuck with.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby dogtanian » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:44 am

The Concorde Room in London Heathrow Terminal 5 is alright.
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby Alphabet » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:07 am

MEA Cedar Lounge in Beirut is un-fucking-real. We're talking 1960's type service. Easy check in at the front desk. The girls are super nice, and know what to look for on your ticket. After that, it is food and booze.

Same with the Emirates check in at Queen Alia in Amman. Come in looking like you've been rode hard and put up wet, and they will 1000% go the extra mile to make you comfortable.

Vs the American sky cow treatment we get here in the US.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 am

Download Lounge Buddy.

Gets you in places you wouldn't know about or mistakenly think you're locked out of.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:42 am

I have so much crap food in airports that a 20 item muesli bar at Vienna Airport along with a coffee for 7 euros was brilliant
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:57 am

Moscow Airport - fucking awful. The Irish pub served good Guinness pie though.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:22 am

ROB wrote:Moscow Airport - fucking awful. The Irish pub served good Guinness pie though.

I transeted at Shermanyatvo or whatever the place is called and the 'lounge' area was full of rancid smelly people of the international homeless set. They managed to get a flight in without a visa so were stuck there like in that Tom Hanks movie. I did not eat though the Aeroflot food was not to bad.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:37 pm

Russian food is either subtle, hearty and delicious or it is a plate full of "Fuck You" swimming in mayonnaise.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:41 am

Have never had a bad Bloody Mary at any airport.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:51 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Have never had a bad Bloody Mary at any airport.

I had a bad one in Istanbul in 2003. It was just sweet tomato juice and vodka. Wayyyyy too much vodka.

I had similarly bad bloody marys in Bulgaria then but now a friend who just returned from there says the Bugs are into Cocktail Culture now and make excellent ones.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pm

There is no such thing as too much vodka.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:There is no such thing as too much vodka.

This is the absolute and definitive end of all things that need to be said on the interwebz, right here.

It's like saying there is too much T&A available. Illogical.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:13 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:There is no such thing as too much vodka.

Yes. There. Is.

In a bloody mary. Its just supposed to cut the denseness of the tomato juice and all the other ingrediants.

That is why one always gets a beer as a chaser for one, so you have enough alcohol but not too much vodka.

I think we are on the same page with boozin...just not vodka-ing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 am

I’ve made gazpacho with vodka and it’s a nutritious & tasty treat, eaten ice cold. Kurt you would have been better off getting a glass of raki at Ataturk International.

Which reminds me, that son of a bitch Erdogan is going ahead to turn Aya Sofia into a mosque. Just like he said he would.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe