Sorry

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Sorry

Postby Ozymandias » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Perhaps if DP6 ever comes out all the bannings can be lifted and we could go right back to where we were.

Any plans to actually publish this? I would love to get involved in writing it!
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:42 pm

We have been waiting for years. I hope so.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Osiris » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:29 am

I wait DP6 eagerly. Right up there with The Winds of Winter.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:44 pm

I gotta clean up spam before I go to Nigeria.

Yep, travelling to a place where I need a Yellow Fever Vaccinnation cert.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 am

Kurt wrote:I gotta clean up spam before I go to Nigeria.

Yep, travelling to a place where I need a Yellow Fever Vaccinnation cert.

I am pretty sure last time I went to the clinic I was told the vaccination protects you indefinitely, not just 10 years. Anyone else heard something along this line?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am

I got an Army YF jab a few years ago for Kenya and mine was for 10 years.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby buffybot_in_beirut » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:35 pm

The yellow fever shot is now valid indefinitely as per WHO recommendations. The problem is that there is a small, ever-shrinking but persistent number of border health officials who have not yet heard of this new rule, or choose to ignore it. Go to the WHO website, print out the certification of indefinite validity and take it with you.
buffybot_in_beirut
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:46 am

Kurt wrote: I gotta clean up spam before I go to Nigeria.
Kurt vs 419 clan. Love it!
[quote=]Yellow Fever [/quote] Whatever happened to that pilot dude Royal?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby crotalus01 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Hey Ozymandius, ran out of time trying to get the damn visa so changed my plans - Algerian visa is a fucking nightmare, even the visa service places told me it would take 4 to 6 months. Headed to India and Pakistan February 1st for (sadly only) 2 weeks. Mulling a day trip to Jalalbad just to travel the Khyber.
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Ozymandias » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:47 am

crotalus01 wrote:Hey Ozymandius, ran out of time trying to get the damn visa so changed my plans - Algerian visa is a fucking nightmare, even the visa service places told me it would take 4 to 6 months. Headed to India and Pakistan February 1st for (sadly only) 2 weeks. Mulling a day trip to Jalalbad just to travel the Khyber.

Yea, I've heard similar things. The London embassy of Algeria is particularly bad. However, I think the Algerian consulate in Tunis is better (as long as you can prove you're resident there to them!)
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Day trips up the Khyber pass can be arranged in Peshawar. Jbad is a shithole, if you are going to go that far may as well go on to Kabul.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby crotalus01 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Been to Kabul but not Jalalabad, and it would only be a day trip. Not sure if it's worth the visa fee at this point, unless I can arrange a cheaper visa in Peshawar - not sure how that works since Afghanistan has an actual embassy in the States now. Last two visas I got I went through the Pakistan embassy but that was 2003 and 2005....
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby RYP » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:30 pm

happy to provide info on my commute to Libya which is on or off depending on how many times they blow up Mitiga or Misrata airports.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Ozymandias » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 pm

RYP wrote:happy to provide info on my commute to Libya which is on or off depending on how many times they blow up Mitiga or Misrata airports.

That would be great! Can you post it here, or is there a direct message function?
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:59 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: I gotta clean up spam before I go to Nigeria.
Kurt vs 419 clan. Love it!
[quote=]Yellow Fever
Whatever happened to that pilot dude Royal?[/quote]

I did some 419 and romance scam research while there. Basically the 419ers and the romancers (the "I am a former American Serviceman stuck in Nigeria, I love you lonely, ugly, fat Patriot...send me money please so I can come be with you forever" scam) are in thrall to "Prosperity Gospel" Ponzi schemers. The Ponzi schemers meet the scammers at a Zenith Bank (really good security at Nigerian banks, better than airports in the US), they get a private meeting room, well, semi private...its where the bank puts people they think are rich so they can sit more comfortably) and they transfer the scam money to new scammers, who then wire the money to western banks after converting them to dollars.

They then pay old marks with Naira.

Nigerian banks are the opposite of Swiss Banks with numbered accounts and secrecy. Pretty much anyone who is present and on site can get details of another customer's transfers. No bribe needed. you just ask.

It would be quite possible to retrieve money in Dollars or Euros if one found the scammers and found the bank they used, then just use EU or US anti-corruption and money laundering laws and retrieve.

In theory.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe