There was a time...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

There was a time...

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Impeachment, Brexit, Soleimani, South China Sea, fires in Australia, riots in Chile, Venezuela, Beirut, Iran, Hong Kong, etc., etc., etc. There was a time when that would have lit up the BFC like a Christmas tree...
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Re: There was a time...

Postby El Pelon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:00 am

We have to keep reaching out to any of the old crew with which we each still have contact. It will never be the same as it once was, but it can still be revived to be something kinda cool.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 am

It would be good to have them back.

They were all cunts, but they were our cunts.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:53 am

ROB wrote:It would be good to have them back.

They were all cunts, but they were our cunts.

We are going to get the band back together.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Good subject to kick things off? Any suggestions?
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Michael wrote:Impeachment, Brexit, Soleimani, South China Sea, fires in Australia, riots in Chile, Venezuela, Beirut, Iran, Hong Kong, etc., etc., etc. There was a time when that would have lit up the BFC like a Christmas tree...

I can see a Billy Joel cover song here. Can any of you cunts play instruments?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:07 am

A talent I never pursued, Mr. Shaw. I always figured you for a piper, though.
Michael
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:24 am

Many great convos have been had through the years here, good to see a bunch of the old names back! Though the angst appears to be nearly absent, ‘cunt’ only makes a cameo these days......this is either a good thing as we gather round as brothers and sisters.....or the calm before the shitstorm.

As for subject matter, these are unique times so take your pick. World War 3 fears were getting bad....I was just thinking there’s no way another Great War is coming. I figure worst case scenario of this geopolitical mishap would be suits in different offices ordering such and such target attacks, kind of like a re emergence of a Cold War scenario. US, as powerful as their military still is seems at an all time low for morale, conviction, unity, even enrolment. Most dudes are holding man bags over M-16s these days. I’d be amazed for the US .to consider another large scale ground war now.

Very few colourful bad boys left in power, the 2000s pretty much cleaned them out. An unbelievable amount of connectedness now due to the internet and social media. I went to East Africa in 2018, and they were all making fun of me for not having a cellphone or watsapp. Coronavirus could get ugly but we survived SARS. I don’t think a new genre of music has emerged in 20-30 years?? Each decade in the twentieth century seemed to produce half a dozen new sounds/genres, almost every movie made now was already made before, and how fucken dare they disgrace Point Break with that remake, couldn’t get past 10 minutes of that. Patrick would be stirring in his grave.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:47 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Michael wrote:Impeachment, Brexit, Soleimani, South China Sea, fires in Australia, riots in Chile, Venezuela, Beirut, Iran, Hong Kong, etc., etc., etc. There was a time when that would have lit up the BFC like a Christmas tree...

I can see a Billy Joel cover song here. Can any of you cunts play instruments?

I wonder why he has not done an updated version of the song, he could use another hit. Weird.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe