BFC Death Pool 2020

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: BFC Death Pool 2020

Postby ROB » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:14 am

Bernie, Trump or Uncle Joe.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Everyone will die (of cononavirus).
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein. From COVID-19.

Bernie Sanders. His next heart attack will do him in.

Lindsay Lohan. From OD.

At least 10 rappers/hip-hop stars under the age of 30. About 70% from OD and the other 30% shot or stabbed by rivals.

At least two as-of-yet-unknown people close to Hillary Clinton. From suicide, of course.

Oh yeah, and Jeff Epstein did not kill himself.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:20 am

.At least 10 rappers/hip-hop stars under the age of 30. About 70% from OD and the other 30% shot or stabbed by rivals.

Fuckin awesome when shit like that happens.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby babihutan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Brian Dennehy RIP. Never the most likeable character in movies, but great actor and lots of memorable quotes.

Check out his B movie rip off of Rambo First Blood: https:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099843/
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:39 pm

And if his movie Indio leaves you salivating for more cinematic greatness, not to fret......there’s a PART 2!!!!! Starring Marvelous Marvin fucken Hagler!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102117/?ref_=tt_sims_tti
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:35 am

Kim Jong-Un
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:35 am

Lost Boy for the win.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:31 pm

To be fair, that was a bit like predicting that Bayern Munich will win the Bundesliga.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm

snaark wrote:To be fair, that was a bit like predicting that Bayern Munich will win the Bundesliga.

A win is a win.

Hopefully what will also die is the idea that an 87 year old with Cancer was the only thing standing between order and chaos in the USA.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 am

Given the assault that a lot of the system has been given lately, I’d say it has stood up not too badly.

I don’t know if it could do it for another 4 years. And I don’t think Biden would be able to take it back to its former resilience either.

John Robb has been writing on this shit for years. Worth reading.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:53 pm

ROB wrote:Given the assault that a lot of the system has been given lately, I’d say it has stood up not too badly.

I don’t know if it could do it for another 4 years. And I don’t think Biden would be able to take it back to its former resilience either.

John Robb has been writing on this shit for years. Worth reading.

Biden won't do much of anything other than not be Trump.

But considering that we are approaching 220k deaths from COVID-19 now, not being Trump seems really quite brilliant.

However the same shit that made Hillary so un-appealing is going to be set back into place. The thing I worry about is that the Dems are going to do something really dumb, like decide to punish the Rust Belt and rural white working class for daring to vote for Trump in the first place, and that will lead to a "Trump" who is active and smart, rather than Golfing and dim.

That will be frightening.

The USA has a massive capacity for violence, but it is tempered by needing to go to work, poor health, laziness and a poor grasp of Geography among those who would like to go do a massacre somewhere. A non Golfing Trump could be terrifying.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 pm

[quote="Kurt"][quote="ROB"]Given the assault that a lot of the system has been given lately, I’d say it has stood up not too badly.

John Robb has been writing on this shit for years. Worth reading.[/quote]

Biden won't do much of anything other than not be Trump.

But considering that we are approaching 220k deaths from COVID-19 now, not being Trump seems really quite brilliant.

However the same shit that made Hillary so un-appealing is going to be set back into place. The thing I worry about is that the Dems are going to do something really dumb, like decide to punish the Rust Belt and rural white working class for daring to vote for Trump in the first place, and that will lead to a "Trump" who is active and smart, rather than Golfing and dim.

That will be frightening.

The USA has a massive capacity for violence, but it is tempered by needing to go to work, poor health, laziness and a poor grasp of Geography among those who would like to go do a massacre somewhere. A non Golfing Trump could be terrifying.[/quote]
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Keith Richards is the easy go to, and quite lame. I mean, he died decades ago, and it's the drugs keeping him zombie.

A real gambler would predict Adelle dying by chocking down a pack of sausages because she's sick of having to deal with all the weight she's lost. She looked better fat, btw.

My hard money is on Sean Connery, Alex Trebek, and any mumble rapper of your choice taking a dirt nap before this fucked up year is over.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Yep, not looking good for Alex.

All the rappers that have been kicking off have been OD-ing. They seem to be going through their "Grunge" phase.

Smart Rappers = Sell drugs then lie about how successful you were selling drugs before you became a rapper. Ideally get shot multiple times by someone using ancient cartidges so you seem superhuman somehow (50 Cent got shot 9 times and walked away from it! failing to mention that the gun that shot him was stored for 3 years inside of a damp lamp post.)
Dumb Rappers = Drink Sizrup, Purple Drank and gobble pills then have your useless relatives fight over your stuff when you OD. (My wife is enjoying the music of a dead idiot who did not copyright his stuff before he croaked. His relatives are trying to track down every stripper who uses his stuff in a pole dancing mix to sue them)

About 20 some years ago I read an interview (one of the many) with Keith Richards and he credited his longevity to always playing guitar in his head. So he was in a state of either thinking about what to play or playing it. The drink and drugs were just something to do while waiting to play. Personally I think it helped being rich and having a bit of luck and perhaps a super-liver. How many hard drinking 80 year old bums do we ever meet? I've met ones my age who look 80 but never an actual 80 year old.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe