Where are you guys when you're not here?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Where are you guys when you're not here?

Postby Darcy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:17 pm

Being a late comer, I doubt I rate, but nevertheless....I fear my days of kicking around Africa and the ME are behind me. Settled into a cushy Goverment contract in Trinidad & Tobago, got an apartment down there doing 28/28 day rotations. Going on three years and I'll milk it to retirement if I can. If I'm not flying I'm generally fly fishing or hunting.

The locals down there seem to think it's really dangerous, but I don't see it.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:05 pm

I literally walked into Europe, rented a Monte and said, Done. After six months of tending sheep and living in the country, I want back into the game. Who was I trying to.. ?
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby Magic Wombat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:32 am

Stuck in my head re-living every stupid thing I have ever done. Which inevitably leads to even larger and more fucked up shenanigans.
Magic Wombat
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:05 am

Magic Wombat wrote:Stuck in my head re-living every stupid thing I have ever done. Which inevitably leads to even larger and more fucked up shenanigans.

Tis the fuel for the fire, we all have to outdo our former craziness, though for me personally, I have yet to figure out a way to top my shit.

Darcy wrote:Being a late comer, I doubt I rate, but nevertheless....I fear my days of kicking around Africa and the ME are behind me. Settled into a cushy Goverment contract in Trinidad & Tobago, got an apartment down there doing 28/28 day rotations. Going on three years and I'll milk it to retirement if I can. If I'm not flying I'm generally fly fishing or hunting.

The locals down there seem to think it's really dangerous, but I don't see it.

Of course you rate, but I always get nervous of hearing talk of putting our best days behind us. I said the same thing after Africa, spent half the trip in dark depressing bathrooms of my sweltering cheap hotel rooms. I always read how sick westerners get there, and thought I’d be different......I guess eating in local dives where people make salad on the same surface where 3 minutes prior, chickens were being quartered and prepared was a little too much for my delicate system.
Sounds like a cool job you have! How’s carnival in Trinidad?
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 am

Aircraft went down for a major inspection so they sent me home....made the mistake of asking the wife if she wanted to come down for Carnival (she said No) but now knew I was on time off, so I could hardly stay down there and fish for a few weeks. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

In Nova Scotia now hunting rabbits and tying flies....hopefully back to the islands in a month.

I always ate local and hung out in dives in Africa. Lucky I have guts of steal. Never did the malarone or any of the others, and was FAR from careful (flip flops and board shorts most of the time, lots of rural/nights/beaches/jungle/etc and never got sick, so I'm thinking there's something to the G&Ts keeping you healthy.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Darcy wrote:Aircraft went down for a major inspection so they sent me home....made the mistake of asking the wife if she wanted to come down for Carnival (she said No) but now knew I was on time off, so I could hardly stay down there and fish for a few weeks. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

In Nova Scotia now hunting rabbits and tying flies....hopefully back to the islands in a month.

I always ate local and hung out in dives in Africa. Lucky I have guts of steal. Never did the malarone or any of the others, and was FAR from careful (flip flops and board shorts most of the time, lots of rural/nights/beaches/jungle/etc and never got sick, so I'm thinking there's something to the G&Ts keeping you healthy.

Yes there are certain things we all know to refrain from telling the wife, what the heck were you thinking? Lol

And funny how the G & T’s kept you healthy...must be the quinine in the tonic!
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 pm

Other than on the Hub, I mostly lurk.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe