That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Kurt » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:23 pm

Seems like he was pretty much just a pill eating druggie huh?

Such an odd story. Goes to Russia to detox, almost dies (which one would expect when going cold turkey) and now is a total mushhead ... or something since no one has seen him since he found "Doctors brave enough" to quickly detox him, unlike those weak, western medicine doctors who advocated gradual reduction of drugs so as to not induce seizures or a coma or brain damage.

I think his problem was he actually believed his own bullshit. He should have settled in as a happy hypocrite and drugged himself with a quiet habit that's only real side effect was a calm confidence that weak, young men seemed to admire.

Its kind of like those CEOs who say "I only sleep 2 hours a day" in order to wear out their competition and seem like supermen, when in reality they sleep about 12 hours a day, cuz rich people can do that. But with drugs keeping you calm, collected and confident that means you should make sure no 20 somethings without fathers or crappy fathers can take those same pills and discover your secret, so you tell them not to medicate and then confront the world as it presents itself.

Also I find it kind of weird that Russia is perceived as a land of manly men (their staggering early death rate seems to confirm this too) by man right wing people, but I suspect that image dies when someone needs a diaper changed and hobbles about and I suspect that image would not sell books or create a YouTube Daddy that so many seem to desire.

I predict someone is just gonna smother him with a pillow since that will keep that proxy daddy cash coming in.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby babihutan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Pretty crazy story, I just heard it here and had to look it up.
He always portrayed an air of invincibility and like you say is the great father figure of our times.
He has a lot of good messages that I feel the younger generation can definitely benefit from, as let’s face it.....we’re a different crowd these days. But for most of us who have lived a bit and fucked up enough times, we already know this as common wisdom.
Fucken lobsters
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:12 pm

babihutan wrote:Pretty crazy story, I just heard it here and had to look it up.
He always portrayed an air of invincibility and like you say is the great father figure of our times.
He has a lot of good messages that I feel the younger generation can definitely benefit from, as let’s face it.....we’re a different crowd these days. But for most of us who have lived a bit and fucked up enough times, we already know this as common wisdom.
Fucken lobsters

When I first heard of the guy I figured he would be this Neo Nazi academic considering the crowd that seemed to post online about how he "destroyed jewish academic" or "destroyed kike feminist" but then I realized that he was not that at all, but rather weak, young men who admired his message tried to mold it into the other messages that weak, young men are drawn to.

I think the best adjusted men are those that are raised with a father or father figure in close proximity, a grandfather or grandfather figure in close proximity, a mother or mother figure, grandmother etc. etc. The point is to be able to see how men are, how older men are, how boys older than you are and how women are at various stages of life so you can relate to them and be decent...but as you said, things are not like that everywhere for everyone. I do not think many kids these days even get to experience older kids in the neighborhood grow up.

Peterson would have had a better message and a more timely one if he did not condemn addicts as mere weaklings and instead used this to humanize himself a bit more. He would have been in better shape himself and provided a rational way to look at life's trials.

These days we need more rational, that is for sure.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Kurt wrote:
babihutan wrote: He always portrayed an air of invincibility and like you say is the great father figure of our times.
But for most of us who have lived a bit and fucked up enough times, we already know this as common wisdom.
I use youtube for entertainment purposes, guy sounds like a letter to the editor writer.
Kurt wrote: I think the best adjusted men are those that are raised with a father or father figure in close proximity, a grandfather or grandfather figure in close proximity, a mother or mother figure, grandmother etc. etc. The point is to be able to see how men are, how older men are, how boys older than you are and how women are at various stages of life so you can relate to them and be decent...
Meh, monkey see monkey.
Being raised in a full household of alcoholic, violent and/or whatever siblings of a variety of ages hasn't stopped turning kids into alcoholic, violent and/or whatever adults.

Anyways, nobody ever proclaimed me being "adjusted" but I did the benzodiazepines recreational. They sure chill you out. Take that stuff prescribed by a doc like and a longer time all day, every day? Consider me adjusted enough...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby dogtanian » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 am

Kurt wrote:Seems like he was pretty much just a pill eating druggie huh?

Not quite. He was taking benzos for severe depression caused by a genetic autoimmune disorder. Many members of his family suffer from the same affliction.

His wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year, but managed to pull through for now. During this time he increased his dosage, and then suffered from an abnormal reaction when trying to reduce the dosage, hence having to go through complete withdrawal.

Kurt wrote:...but I suspect that image dies when someone needs a diaper changed and hobbles about and I suspect that image would not sell books or create a YouTube Daddy that so many seem to desire.

Whatever you would like to think, he has already helped improve the lives of millions of people; which is quite probably a factor of a million more than you.

Kurt wrote:I predict someone is just gonna smother him with a pillow since that will keep that proxy daddy cash coming in.

Jolly bad luck; he's up and about again. And while he's not in very good condition at the moment, I imagine that - based on your post - that you'll derive a lot of pleasure from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0P6H7cm0E4
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:03 pm

dogtanian wrote:
Not quite. He was taking benzos for severe depression caused by a genetic autoimmune disorder. Many members of his family suffer from the same affliction.

His wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year, but managed to pull through for now. During this time he increased his dosage, and then suffered from an abnormal reaction when trying to reduce the dosage, hence having to go through complete withdrawal.

You mean the one diagnosed by his daughter? The one that lead to the beef, salt and water only diet? Also which Autoimmune disease did he have? Lupus? MS? Dunno..Thats what happens when you get your diseases diagnosed by your self-taught nutritionist daughter.

Apparently Benzos help with Lupus but Benzos can exacerbate other auto immune diseases.

https://news.umich.edu/new-compound-hol ... -diseases/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3203915/

Cancer? I can totally see that. I would be ripped outa my gourde if my wife was diagnosed with cancer. But I suspect his main thing was to confront life and not hide behind drugs... Or did I miss the part where he said "Don't medicate to hide from your problems or they will get worse, unless your wife, like, gets cancer or your daughter, who is a YouTube taught nutritionist , tells you that you have an autoimmune disease."

Whatever you would like to think, he has already helped improve the lives of millions of people; which is quite probably a factor of a million more than you.

I am an asshole. I have never pretended to want to help anyone. If I did want to help people I would help weak proto Nazis because they always have $20 to $200 to spare.

Jolly bad luck; he's up and about again. And while he's not in very good condition at the moment, I imagine that - based on your post - that you'll derive a lot of pleasure from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0P6H7cm0E4

Can you give a run down of this? Does he wobble on to the stage? Where is he now? Is he awake? Able to feed himself?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby babihutan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Kurt wrote:
babihutan wrote:Pretty crazy story, I just heard it here and had to look it up.
Fucken lobsters

When I first heard of the guy I figured he would be this Neo Nazi academic considering the crowd that seemed to post online about how he "destroyed jewish academic" or "destroyed kike feminist" but then I realized that he was not that at all, but rather weak, young men who admired his message tried to mold it into the other messages that weak, young men are drawn to.

I think the best adjusted men are those that are raised with a father or father figure in close proximity, a grandfather or grandfather figure in close proximity, a mother or mother figure, grandmother etc. etc. The point is to be able to see how men are, how older men are, how boys older than you are and how women are at various stages of life so you can relate to them and be decent...but as you said, things are not like that everywhere for everyone. I do not think many kids these days even get to experience older kids in the neighborhood grow up.

Peterson would have had a better message and a more timely one if he did not condemn addicts as mere weaklings and instead used this to humanize himself a bit more. He would have been in better shape himself and provided a rational way to look at life's trials.

These days we need more rational, that is for sure.

I agree about some better adjusted people on average had positive figures in their life 100%.
And so true about many kids now don’t get to really experience first hand the trials of life. I will always be thankful for my multiple beat downs by older kids growing up, and all the assholes and cruel fuckers I’ve had to deal with mostly all alone, because I learned some valuable lessons about respect, self-reliance, and most importantly, kindness. Sounds lame and weak possibly, but by learning who not to be like, I’ve chosen to be the opposite. Kindness is such a rare thing at times, but pretty fucken powerful in its own way, and blows my mind why it’s not more common.
So yeah, Peterson has quite the cult following with youngish dudes trying to find their way. I can’t say I’m a fan of his writing style but his messages are mostly ‘rational’ and what many need.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:35 pm

I think Peterson is better than most. Kind of like how Ayn Rand gave some an introduction alternative views, but they quickly identified it as more of a cult of Ayn Rand and her inner circle, but were left with the desire to question establishments.

Peterson seems to have had (past tense) some sound explorations into myths, decent advice on how to not grow up to be a dipshit (for those who did not get that advice elsewhere), but his Hero's Quest thing...that is dumb. As one can see doing a Hero's quest in real life can kill you or incapacitate you.

That would have been something I did in defiance of my father's advice.

And he was a drug addict. First step is admitting you have a problem but as others will tell you as well, the first step is also admitting that people you admire or love have a problem. I can see this step is tough for both his family and his followers and since his followers are a bit fragile as it is that makes it more pathetic.

More fatherly advice. Never follow anyone who gets rich because you follow them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 am

So Dogtanian is one of the weak cunt half-men attracted to this qwack.

Who woulda guessed eh? lol
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Kurt wrote: but his Hero's Quest thing...that is dumb.
Dunno man, I quite enjoyed it as a pre-pubescent...

If this corona/quarantine ever ends, more frequently enjoying (board)games with kids is one of the very few things on my new to-do list.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: but his Hero's Quest thing...that is dumb.
Dunno man, I quite enjoyed it as a pre-pubescent...

If this corona/quarantine ever ends, more frequently enjoying (board)games with kids is one of the very few things on my new to-do list.

Yep, It is called D&D. When you get older it is called "How many mushrooms can I take?" or thats what I did anyway.

(answer to the last one was "enough that I locked myself in closet imagining three stooges episodes that were never made but should have been")
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm

ROB wrote:So Dogtanian is one of the weak cunt half-men attracted to this qwack. Who woulda guessed eh? lol

Hey, ROB, take a break. You don't have to be a smug prick every day of you life, you know. So what if someone (esp a lot younger than you) wants to believe in self-help books? Their money, their choice...

In other news, my new publication titled "13 guidelines for a more optimal existence" is available on amazon. Order now and get a free questionnaire!
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby babihutan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:28 pm

el3so wrote:
ROB wrote:So Dogtanian is one of the weak cunt half-men attracted to this qwack. Who woulda guessed eh? lol

Hey, ROB, take a break. You don't have to be a smug prick every day of you life, you know. So what if someone (esp a lot younger than you) wants to believe in self-help books? Their money, their choice...

In other news, my new publication titled "13 guidelines for a more optimal existence" is available on amazon. Order now and get a free questionnaire!

Lol, this book will surely beat the shit out of 12 rules for life! Self help books are the easiest books to write, and they all say pretty much the same shit.....the catch is actually applying these to your own life! Sounds like a lotta work!

One good thing about this pandemic is I’m actually able to save some money and some mental health cause the wife can’t go out daily and buy stupid useless shit and bring it home to clutter the house. We get to purge the freezer of 2 year old forgotten chicken wings and frozen veggies that were left for the gods. I’ve been preaching going back to the basics for years and now I’m smiling.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:59 am

el3so wrote:

Does it hold my hand as I work up the courage to... you know... talk to a girl?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:06 am

Is it a coincidence that PC and the internet emerged around the same time? Not old fashioned PC like the Plymouth colony where they simply burned you at the stake.

I have noticed shame culture at full speed with the current crises. If someone does something retarded then posts it on social media so be it, get the firewood, but shame culture has gotten brainless as of late.

I haven't read too much Jordan Peterson. The problem with trying to make an objective criticism is that no one is objective, everyones got a point of view.

Perhaps what gets missed is that many, perhaps most people have an innate desire to reengineer everyone else in their own image.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe