That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Re:

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:00 pm

ROB wrote:
el3so wrote:
ROB wrote:So Dogtanian is one of the weak cunt half-men attracted to this qwack. Who woulda guessed eh? lol

Hey, ROB, take a break. You don't have to be a smug prick every day of you life, you know. So what if someone (esp a lot younger than you) wants to believe in self-help books? Their money, their choice...

In other news, my new publication titled "13 guidelines for a more optimal existence" is available on amazon. Order now and get a free questionnaire!

Does it hold my hand as I work up the courage to... you know... talk to a girl?

I'd make a book that came with a secret pill dispenser.

But imagine how poorly a book would sell that gave a "Secret" to success with women as "treat them decently, have conversations with them about topics you both are interested in, try to learn something from her about topics you are not interested in. Don't use terms like "Flaphammered" to her or your friends when discussing your budding relationship" Sales = $0.00

Or.

Write a book about how women want to be treated like shit and there are special methods, keywords and subtle touches that can get you laid. Sales = $ OMFG.00 !!!!!!!! who buys this shit, woo hoo! I am an awesome alpha male!
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:14 pm

ROB wrote: Does it hold my hand as I work up the courage to... you know... talk to a girl?
It does. Metaphorically speaking ;-)

Skimmed some of his vids.
He struck me as more of an "identity" spokesperson rather than a pick up artist. Same type of douchebaggery preying on the same insecurities so it all makes sense.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 am

el3so wrote:
ROB wrote: Does it hold my hand as I work up the courage to... you know... talk to a girl?
It does. Metaphorically speaking ;-)

Skimmed some of his vids.
He struck me as more of an "identity" spokesperson rather than a pick up artist. Same type of douchebaggery preying on the same insecurities so it all makes sense.

Like most academics, he knows a lot about a little, but thinks that means he knows a lot about a lot cos he's just so much goddamned smarter than everyone else. I find his type tedious as fuck. His stuff on his specialty is good. His stuff outside of that is cringe on steroids.

My real issue though is with the men who are so emotionally crippled that they hold him up as some type of messiah. They're sad cos some Twitter feminist called them a name.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby babihutan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:31 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
I have noticed shame culture at full speed with the current crises. If someone does something retarded then posts it on social media so be it, get the firewood, but shame culture has gotten brainless as of late.

I haven't read too much Jordan Peterson. The problem with trying to make an objective criticism is that no one is objective, everyones got a point of view.

Perhaps what gets missed is that many, perhaps most people have an innate desire to reengineer everyone else in their own image.

Couldn’t have said it better, this is the new age of social media herd mentality shaming. The golden age of actual independent thought, and even ‘thinking’ in general is extinct.

ROB wrote:Like most academics, he knows a lot about a little, but thinks that means he knows a lot about a lot cos he's just so much goddamned smarter than everyone else. I find his type tedious as fuck. His stuff on his specialty is good. His stuff outside of that is cringe on steroids.

My real issue though is with the men who are so emotionally crippled that they hold him up as some type of messiah. They're sad cos some Twitter feminist called them a name.

Don’t worry, the new world won’t be paying any academic snob’s bills. Looks like we all gotta get our hands dirty.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

That guy

Postby el3so » Sat May 09, 2020 12:12 am

babihutan wrote:The golden age of actual independent thought, and even ‘thinking’ in general is extinct. Don’t worry, the new world won’t be paying any academic snob’s bills.
Meh, it just seems like opinionated assholes are able to share their thoughts/product to more folks by new means IMO.

Actual independent thought is cool and all but let's face it, there is also a lot of plain hateful stuff mixed in there.
I call some people friends who are self-proclaimed (definitely by modern or USA standards) racists and am too old to have grown up PC. In the end we have to agree that there are a whole bunch of white/Caucasian straight male assholes out there and that getting rid of muslims/coloured people/uppity women/all politicians wouldn't really solve any of the problems but it's at best kinda reassuring to think it would.
That is before you add in pleasant exotic chicks and/or white bad bitches, ideology means sh!t, all that alpha male bullcrock dissolves in the reality of sexual tension and whilst women might not rule the world yet, they sure still do decide who is going to get any.
Same as it ever was I guess...

But the news, youtube vids or self-help books do not write themselves ;-)
ROB wrote: My real issue though is with the men who are so emotionally crippled that they hold him up as some type of messiah. They're sad cos some Twitter feminist called them a name.
You can't really blame people for wanting to find easy solutions/responses and most social media are bound to be about self promotion. This seems like a circle keeping itself afloat on insecurity, disposable income and greed.

Alprazolam felt very dissociative to me. Probably because of illicit use I found it counter-intuitive to having honest and deep emotions/thoughts towards others, none of that barrier braking stuff I experienced wit shrooms or mdma. Nice pause switch/comfy blanket in the brain kinda thing but it also flattens you out.
ReptilianKittenEater wrote: Perhaps what gets missed is that many, perhaps most people have an innate desire to reengineer everyone else in their own image.
The world would go to hell in a handbasket.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: That guy

Postby ROB » Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 pm

el3so wrote:You can't really blame people for wanting to find easy solutions/responses and most social media are bound to be about self promotion. This seems like a circle keeping itself afloat on insecurity, disposable income and greed.

I dunno. Get off Twitter. Go to the gym.

We're not talking rocket science advice here.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 pm

ROB wrote: Get off Twitter. Go to the gym. We're not talking rocket science advice here.
True of course but harder to understand for a kid that grew up with a smartphone.
If people were smart or common sense was common, media, motivational speakers and half the medical professionals would be out of business.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby babihutan » Thu May 21, 2020 12:21 am

el3so wrote:
ROB wrote: Get off Twitter. Go to the gym. We're not talking rocket science advice here.
True of course but harder to understand for a kid that grew up with a smartphone.
If people were smart or common sense was common, media, motivational speakers and half the medical professionals would be out of business.

Wise words my friend! Diversity and dumbasses is what keeps everything interesting....and many employed.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 am

I am actually surprised we haven't seen a few "incels" on this board.

Informally, half probably are, but I am talking about the ones who formally identify that way.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu May 21, 2020 10:54 am

ROB wrote: Informally, half probably are, but I am talking about the ones who formally identify that way.
Thank Jeebus for sex workers and rohypnol!
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 pm

el3so wrote:Thank Jeebus for sex workers and rohypnol!

Somebody did tell me that your favourite pickup line was, "Now, count backwards from 10..."
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:58 am

Update from the money-obsessed benzo-fuelled pop shrink, and his lying evil carnivorous daughter.

https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0

"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:05 am

dogtanian wrote:Update from the money-obsessed benzo-fuelled pop shrink, and his lying evil carnivorous daughter.

https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0

An hour! Jesus christ Junkies drone on and on. What is the Cliff's Notes version of it?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby dogtanian » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:19 am

ROB wrote:So Dogtanian is one of the weak cunt half-men attracted to this qwack.

Who woulda guessed eh? lol

Most of the men I’ve known who call other men weak cunts, end up attempting to - or succeeding in - suiciding themselves... which doesn’t appear to be very favourable from an evolutionary perspective.

People should talk about their weaknesses, and seek help from others when necessary. It’ll set a path for higher resilience in the longer term.

Cheers,

Tris.
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:49 am

Called you a weak cunt cos you are a weak cunt.

But your psychoanalysis of me is hilarious. Please keep going.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe