An unpleasant fact about immigration

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

An unpleasant fact about immigration

Postby Kurt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Is that sometimes the very oppression people are fleeing they are more likely to bring to their destination.

People from the Indian subcontinent sometimes flee stiffling social rules like arranged marriages and caste systems but then they bring those things to their chosen country once they petition for enough relatives to move there.

So, the originals may not bring the shit, but the secondary immigrants bring it.

Usually places that value choice over obligations and logic over traditions tend to be more prosperous as well, so that is also a lure for the "second wave" immigrants, rather than just fleeing the part of their country that makes it a total shithole, they instead flee the result of being a shithole and bring shithold causing contagion with them.

So, be careful New Zealand.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/06/new-zeala ... ate-there/

Obama loving Muffy and Biff will love to do the Haka (which is cool as hell btw) and contribute to New Zealand society while bringing over inoffensive and enjoyable Americanisms over with them. But that could be a gateway for Muffy's cousin Cletus and his Maskless Jugband Gun Hootnanny and Revival Tent come there and start to try to Trump the place up and make it like the place Americans fled in the first place.

If I was NZ Intelligence I would set up a Troll Farm ASAP with the purpose of getting our wackjobs afraid to show up there.

You can hire me too. I will, of course, declare it with the State Department as a registered Foreign Agent, asside from keeping our lowlifes here, I would not work against the interests or security of my country.

Lemme know if you need a CV.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: An unpleasant fact about immigration

Postby ROB » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Was hilarious in Australia during the same sex marriage vote.

Of course the pro side was being championed by the left.

Who also championed immigration and refugees etc.

Guess who was the biggest block to vote against same sex marriage?

The teeth gnashing was amusing.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:05 pm

which is cool as hell btw

When you live down this way, you get to see it when somebody unboxes a lunch or wipes their glasses.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Stops being cool.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 am

ROB wrote:
which is cool as hell btw

When you live down this way, you get to see it when somebody unboxes a lunch or wipes their glasses.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Stops being cool.

If I was an immigrant I would be all over that since we would tend to adopt caricatures of our new homeland rather than what it actually is.

Since I speak a language very similar to Australian you could punch me in the face when I said "Shrimp on the barbie" though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 am

What people don't really know is that the All Blacks doing the haka was kind of imposed on them in the 1970s as some initiative to promote indigenous relations.

It was picked up with gusto immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Kurt wrote:"Shrimp on the barbie"

Never understood that. In my entire life I've neither barbequed a shrimp (they're called prawns btw) nor seen one barbequed.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:39 pm

BBQ shrimp is awesome.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:BBQ shrimp is awesome.

My favorite is to put a caste iron pan right on the coals that is filled with coarse sea salt and then cook the shrimp in their shells right on that, then toss it in some lemon juice and olive oil.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:38 pm

One of the best things to do in Sydney is go to the Fish Markets, buy a kilo of King or Tiger Prawns and a bottle of white wine and get pissed by the harbour.

Only the Chinese tourists have realised this.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm

ROB wrote:One of the best things to do in Sydney is go to the Fish Markets, buy a kilo of King or Tiger Prawns and a bottle of white wine and get pissed by the harbour.

Only the Chinese tourists have realised this.

Used to be one of my fav places in Sydney, though I actually thought it got torn down or moved.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

unpleasant

Postby el3so » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Kurt wrote: a caste iron pan right on the coals

Nothing says summer quite like chitin roasting. Squirt of lemon for the tangy-ness once off the grill, I prefer mine with french bread plus butter with some garlic mixed in.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby dogtanian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:09 am

New Zealand doesn’t loose sleep about Americans rocking-up on their shores. Most Americans don’t have the ingenuity to make it over, and those that do are perfectly pleasant and integrate very well.

The overwhelming majority of immigrants are Indian (followed by Chinese).

These immigrants are much less effective at integrating, and do sneaky, retarded, and completely inconsiderate things like break-out of the 5-star quarantine hotel that they’ve been put-up in at the taxpayer’s expense, in order to go roaming around the busiest supermarket in town in order to infect everybody with their Coronavirus, while bragging to their Indian friends with selfies and phone calls. When they settle in New Zealand, this kind of sneaky and malevolent behaviour continues.

You can take an indian out of India but...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12346603

"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby ROB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm

And he's a racist cunt. This guy just keeps on giving.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm

It's not like it was a mob of Indians running amok in a grocery store.

Shit, if that had happened in the US he would have been cheered by some for integrating so well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:37 pm

You can take an indian out of India but.

Do they at least not shit on the pavement? They tend to do that quite a bit in India.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe