Anyone got Afghanistan info for 2020?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Anyone got Afghanistan info for 2020?

Postby crotalus01 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:02 am

Leaving December 26 for Almaty, Kazakhstan. Plan is travel from there to Bishkek, new years in Bishkek, then on to Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Termez. I'm thinking Termez is only an hour or so from Mazar and I'd love to revisit Afghanistan. Anyone have a current sitrep on the road from Termez to Mazar, or the current safety in Mazar?
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Re: Anyone got Afghanistan info for 2020?

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:34 am

Any of those places setting up COVID-19 restrictions for Americans?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby crotalus01 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:50 am

Not sure Kurt, trip isn't until late December. Hopefully all will be sorted out by then. I'm more looking for info on the situation in Mazar and Wahkan as I would spend a day or 2 in Mazar then cross into Tajikistan via Wahkan on my way back to Almaty...
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby RYP » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:11 am

Most countries are shut own, most airlines are in freefall. The best thing to do is when you are ready, call Afghan Logistics. They know their stuff and can take care of you

https://www.afghanlogisticstours.com
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby jstalin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:46 am

crotalus01 wrote:Leaving December 26 for Almaty, Kazakhstan. Plan is travel from there to Bishkek, new years in Bishkek, then on to Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Termez. I'm thinking Termez is only an hour or so from Mazar and I'd love to revisit Afghanistan. Anyone have a current sitrep on the road from Termez to Mazar, or the current safety in Mazar?

Should be cool last I checked it was smooth sailing all the way to Tashkent. Just bring a couple IVs with a spray can and you’ll be fine
people b4 profit
jstalin
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe