Dipshits with cars running over protesters

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Dipshits with cars running over protesters

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 am

Hence showing that a Latina banger has a different perspective on an identical situation to a papa bear. ;)
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:32 am

Alphabet wrote:
ROB wrote:
Lost Boy wrote:Kurt, I'm afraid your logic on this entire argument pales compared to Tarkan's.

Both only post when they have reasonably well thought through positions.

In terms of strict logic, I'd say it lays somewhere between Kurt and Alphabet and depends heavily on perspective.

"Get out of the way of a car" is equally valid to "don't intentionally run people over" from a logic point of view.

It isn't even really perspective.

Alphabet alone in my car, oblivious to up to the minute word on the street changes because I've been working all day, while I'm just trying to go bang some hourglass figured latina after work? Ok...have your fun with your little parade. Gear in park, I'm sending screen shots to my prey about how woke I am. Only ups my getting super laid factor.

Alphabet in my car with my kiddos, oblivious to up to the minute word on the street changes because I've been working all day, and the little parade passes by? Ok. Hey kids, this is America. They have the right to peacefully protest. But stay frosty.

Alphabet either alone, or with kiddos in my car, gear in park and people start banging on my windows with skateboards? Self defense time. Especially nuclear fucking war defense time if my kiddos are in the car with me.

Fuckin Ell Q. You been breedin?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Kurt, who is more in the wrong here:

https://www.joshwhotv.com/video/21572/g ... ant-karma-

The guy throwing the rocks, or the guy that circles back and hits him for throwing rocks?

The guy who circles back and hits him for throwing the rocks.

The reason:

1. Illegal U Turn (he almost hit another car)
2. He drove up on the sidewalk ...also illegal.
3. He hit a pedestrian who was no immediate threat to him, though he was indeed throwing rocks.

If the rock thrower had been firing at him or menacing the driver with a firearm and there was no escape route except for hitting the guy, then the driver would have been right.

Hmm, the "pedestrian" (there's that word again) was chunking pretty big rocks. The kind that can go through a windshield and seriously maim or kill you.

Note, a pedestrian is: "a person walking along a road or in a developed area." This guy wasn't walking anywhere.

Also, so if I slap you, and you slap me back, you would be doing the greater harm if you had an opportunity to retreat?

How about if I slap you several times?

In this instance, a rock was thrown. The driver was not prevented from moving off the X. The driver then decided to escalate, putting others in harms way through his actions. Rather than pulling over, and calling the police. He REALLY fucked himself by circling back again after he ran the asshole over.

He was clearly in the wrong.

Now...Had there been multiple rocks thrown, and the driver prevented from moving off the X, well...Then it is shorty time.

There is a balance here, and you are totally missing it.

No, I totally get it.

Like Chris Rock said with regards to the car guy that ran over the rock thrower - I'm not saying I agree, but I can understand.

That being said, if I were to serve on a jury - not guilty.

Why not just drive away and call the police and let them deal with it? Well, that's the safe choice.

But, rock thrower is attacking people with a deadly weapon. Who is to say you drive off, and he brains a 30 year old mother with 2 kids in the car, she wrecks and they all die before the police get there.

Rock thrower was an exigent threat constituting a public menace. Car driver performed a public service. If he had run over the guy twice, then that would have been an unwarranted escalation.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:43 pm

Tarkan wrote:
No, I totally get it.

Like Chris Rock said with regards to the car guy that ran over the rock thrower - I'm not saying I agree, but I can understand.

Why not just drive away and call the police and let them deal with it? Well, that's the safe choice.

But, rock thrower is attacking people with a deadly weapon. Who is to say you drive off, and he brains a 30 year old mother with 2 kids in the car, she wrecks and they all die before the police get there.

Rock thrower was an exigent threat constituting a public menace. Car driver performed a public service. If he had run over the guy twice, then that would have been an unwarranted escalation.

You are not law enforcement. The driver is not law enforcement. The driver circling back instead of moving off the X was unwarranted escalation. He further proved that by circling back in the original direction he was headed after running the dipshit over.

You do not have the right to break laws, and put others in danger, because someone else is.

Mom and kids aren't your responsibility. You do know the Good Samaritan Law, and Imminent Peril (outside of your own personal or family's safety) are both fucking useless legally, don't you?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:37 am

Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
No, I totally get it.

You are not law enforcement. The driver is not law enforcement. The driver circling back instead of moving off the X was unwarranted escalation. He further proved that by circling back in the original direction he was headed after running the dipshit over.

You do not have the right to break laws, and put others in danger, because someone else is.

Mom and kids aren't your responsibility. You do know the Good Samaritan Law, and Imminent Peril (outside of your own personal or family's safety) are both fucking useless legally, don't you?

Depends where you are at.

In Texas, you would be good to go. There was a guy in Houston that blasted two perps that were breaking into his neighbor's house while the neighbor was on vacation. Grand jury said, nah, we aren't indicting for that.

Now, in Massachusetts, you'd be crucified, since you have a duty to retreat there. In liberal polities, likely to be crucified as well. Can't have the serfs getting uppity and breaking the state's monopoly on force.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
No, I totally get it.

Depends where you are at.

In Texas, you would be good to go. There was a guy in Houston that blasted two perps that were breaking into his neighbor's house while the neighbor was on vacation. Grand jury said, nah, we aren't indicting for that.

Now, in Massachusetts, you'd be crucified, since you have a duty to retreat there. In liberal polities, likely to be crucified as well. Can't have the serfs getting uppity and breaking the state's monopoly on force.

Sounds like Texas has it right.

Laws can be very arbitrary and transient from one place to another. The Good Samaritan Law should be constitution, protected and encouraged. Besides, makes for a stronger community. We’ve all witnessed and heard of stories where tragedies are befalling someone while others look on passively. Passivity should not be a crime, but nor should action in defence or retaliation. Simple, there are consequences for crossing certain boundaries. You choose to cross, you deal with the consequences.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:02 am

I am not against laws such as the Good Samaritan. What I am saying, for context, is that until there is some major tort reform in the U.S. , you have to cover your own ass.

There is actual case law in which people operating under the "idea" of the GS law have been sued, and lost their case. It sucks, but that is the battlefield. You adjust and act accordingly.

Myself, and feeding my kids are more important than using what I know, and have professionally demonstrated for years, than the chance I get sued into poverty by the person I'm trying to help because I broke their wrist pulling them out of a burning vehicle.

Think I'm being dramatic? Have plenty of case law to back it up.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 am

Alphabet wrote:I am not against laws such as the Good Samaritan. What I am saying, for context, is that until there is some major tort reform in the U.S. , you have to cover your own ass.

There is actual case law in which people operating under the "idea" of the GS law have been sued, and lost their case. It sucks, but that is the battlefield. You adjust and act accordingly.

Myself, and feeding my kids are more important than using what I know, and have professionally demonstrated for years, than the chance I get sued into poverty by the person I'm trying to help because I broke their wrist pulling them out of a burning vehicle.

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said. The system is the way it is, and for this reason many people fear legal implications even when they would be doing the ‘right’ thing.

As long as the culture of suing is as promoted as it is, this is the reality. Honestly can’t blame someone for choosing his personal life/family’s life, finances etc over getting involved. Sad but true.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:35 am

babihutan wrote:
Alphabet wrote:I am not against laws such as the Good Samaritan. What I am saying, for context, is that until there is some major tort reform in the U.S. , you have to cover your own ass.

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said. The system is the way it is, and for this reason many people fear legal implications even when they would be doing the ‘right’ thing.

As long as the culture of suing is as promoted as it is, this is the reality. Honestly can’t blame someone for choosing his personal life/family’s life, finances etc over getting involved. Sad but true.

It sucks, doesn't it?

Van full of kids on fire? Sorry yo. I called 9-1-1, but because some twat in California suing her rescuer into the poor house,and a judge who favored for her, that's the extent of my involvement.

Got an issue with that? Take it up with the people YOU elected.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 pm

Alphabet wrote:
babihutan wrote:

It sucks, doesn't it?

Van full of kids on fire? Sorry yo. I called 9-1-1, but because some twat in California suing her rescuer into the poor house,and a judge who favored for her, that's the extent of my involvement.

Got an issue with that? Take it up with the people YOU elected.

What a sad, cynical world you live in. You have focused on a tiny exception and in your mind made it out to be the rule. I'm certain most people would be grateful to you for pulling them out of a burning car, and would not sue you for the resulting broken wrist. It is unfortunate that you would let such people burn to death for fear of some future monetary loss or other such inconvenience.

I have responded to at least five vehicle fire collisions where a good Samaritan stopped and pulled the driver out of the car to safety. So far none of them have been sued. But the instances in which the victim survived (one died from his burns), they were immensely grateful to the kind heart who saw them as a person and not a potential civil liability. If you see a van full of kids being cooked alive in a carbecue, please reconsider your attitude. Instead of thinking about a lawsuit first, just do what needs to be done. Be a human being.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:40 am

Lost Boy wrote: If you see a van full of kids being cooked alive in a carbecue, please reconsider your attitude. Instead of thinking about a lawsuit first, just do what needs to be done. Be a human being.

You going to pay my legal bills? Save my home? Feed my kids? Out of your own pocket?

My legal obligation at this point is to stop, and call 9-1-1.

I'm not here to tell you I'm some badass medic, but I've done a thing or two, in a place or two, with some really seriously injured patients. You want people like me to start using that here in the US? Fucking vote, wholesale, for politicians who will change the appropriate laws.

Would it be hard for me to stand back and do nothing? Fucking A. Would I destroy my entire existence on the chance some twat lawyer sues me because I did "something" wrong while trying to save someone from some fucked up situation, in which I have no qualified immunity? Not a fucking chance.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Lost Boy wrote: If you see a van full of kids being cooked alive in a carbecue, please reconsider your attitude. Instead of thinking about a lawsuit first, just do what needs to be done. Be a human being.

You going to pay my legal bills? Save my home? Feed my kids? Out of your own pocket?

I'm not here to tell you I'm some badass medic, but I've done a thing or two, in a place or two, with some really seriously injured patients. You want people like me to start using that here in the US? Fucking vote, wholesale, for politicians who will change the appropriate laws.

Would it be hard for me to stand back and do nothing? Fucking A. Would I destroy my entire existence on the chance some twat lawyer sues me because I did "something" wrong while trying to save someone from some fucked up situation, in which I have no qualified immunity? Not a fucking chance.

Be it on your head. I'd rather face a lawsuit than stand before the judgment bar of God to tell Him that I once stood there and watched a bunch of kids burn into charcoal because I was worried that the digital currency in my bank account might somehow be reduced in some hypothetical future scenario if I did more than lift a finger to call 911 so the firetruck could arrive, put out the fire, and declare that the kids are, in fact, charcoal. And then I drove away content that I did "my legal obligation." To each his own. It must suck to be you.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Lost Boy wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

Be it on your head. I'd rather face a lawsuit than stand before the judgment bar of God to tell Him that I once stood there and watched a bunch of kids burn into charcoal because I was worried that the digital currency in my bank account might somehow be reduced in some hypothetical future scenario if I did more than lift a finger to call 911 so the firetruck could arrive, put out the fire, and declare that the kids are, in fact, charcoal. And then I drove away content that I did "my legal obligation." To each his own. It must suck to be you.

"God" isn't paying my legal defense either.

You're a police officer, correct? Remove your qualified immunity, and the union backing your legal defense fund, and tell me you'd act differently.

I once made a "diaper" out of combat gauze for a 12 year old Yazidi girl I found gangraped and abandoned in a ditch. So, you can go fuck yourself with your comments about not helping anyone.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 am

Alphabet wrote:
Lost Boy wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

"God" isn't paying my legal defense either.

You're a police officer, correct? Remove your qualified immunity, and the union backing your legal defense fund, and tell me you'd act differently.

I once made a "diaper" out of combat gauze for a 12 year old Yazidi girl I found gangraped and abandoned in a ditch. So, you can go fuck yourself with your comments about not helping anyone.

I'm glad you helped that girl. Please, continue to help those in need. You will be happier, and God will bless you. The parable of the Good Samaritan was always my favorite.
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed May 26, 2021 12:26 am

Still happening. Betcha tubby claims she was "afraid for her life" during her trial.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/witnesses ... es&via=rss
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe