Double or Nothing on Trumpocalypse?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Double or Nothing on Trumpocalypse?

Postby Alphabet » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:34 am

ROB wrote:Germany has term limits?

Term limits only become an issue when it's your boy or girl on the losing side.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 pm

snaark wrote:You have to register to vote by mail in order to receive a ballot, right? So how exactly are you going to get that crate full of ballot papers?

Deathly fucking silence....
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Trumpocalypse

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Those polls have been about as reliable as the credit rating agencies, I figure he'll do a second term. Biden being weak doesn't help much, Democratic party seems clueless.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby MJK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:44 pm

snaark- The deathly silence was a result of judicious use of my and everyone else's time.

MJK- posts anything at all

snaark- prove it!

MJK- posts link

snaark- I'm not going to waste my time checking that out...

MJK- posts anything else

snaark- Prove it!

Lather, rinse, repeat
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:42 pm

Alphabet wrote:

I actually support term limits. But you can't really accuse somebody of authoritarianism by getting continuously openly elected.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:18 am

MJK wrote:snaark- The deathly silence was a result of judicious use of my and everyone else's time.

MJK- posts anything at all

snaark- prove it!

MJK- posts link

snaark- I'm not going to waste my time checking that out...

MJK- posts anything else

snaark- Prove it!

Lather, rinse, repeat

Maybe you should try posting something that isn't an utter load of shit?

I mean, I click on anyone's links up until the point that they repeatedly show themselves to only post drivel. I am afraid your horse and well and truly bolted on that count. Nobody to blame but yourself.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:50 am

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

I actually support term limits. But you can't really accuse somebody of authoritarianism by getting continuously openly elected.

If one controls the narrative, I abso-fucking-lutly can. Or are you here to tell us that Stalin, Hitler, FDR and Mao were just nice guys who everyone loved?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:10 am

MJK you *could* just try to use your brain instead of posting a link to some loony website.

Alphabet wrote:Or are you here to tell us that Stalin, Hitler, FDR and Mao were just nice guys who everyone loved?

Spot the odd one out here. You have a weird understanding of history.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:17 am

Alphabet wrote:
ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

If one controls the narrative, I abso-fucking-lutly can. Or are you here to tell us that Stalin, Hitler, FDR and Mao were just nice guys who everyone loved?

Yes, I am here to tell everyone that Mao, Stalin, FDR and Hitler were good guys who everyone loved.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:13 pm

snaark wrote:
snaark wrote:You have to register to vote by mail in order to receive a ballot, right? So how exactly are you going to get that crate full of ballot papers?

Deathly fucking silence....

To register to vote in the US you typically have to get some form of ID and then the DMV or whatever group gives out the ID has a checked box if you want to register to vote or not.

You can request it by mail as well.

You can go to a US embassy and they will help you register to vote. Or you can call a US embassy (never done this but I know people who have)

Being on Jury Duty can get you registered to vote and vice versa.

The most common form of voter fraud in the US is registering in two places at once and casting a ballot in those two places. There were like 10 who did it in 2016.

The whole voter fraud thing that Trump is claiming is bullshit. He is just doing it so when he loses enough dipshits will think he has a point because they "heard it somewhere" that fraud was rampant.

In Democratic controlled cities, especially Philadelphia and Chicago back in the day, that was when you would actually have dead people vote, but most corpse voting was for the really powerful Alderman elections. They stayed out of the Federal stuff because they could have have outsiders investigate their corruption.

Philly had "Street Money" which was an envelope filled with small bills with the Candidates name on it. This again was for local elections which were much more lucrative than national elections.

Somehow Trump will manage to Shithole the USA even further before he is out of office.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Hoorah a smart answer!

So as I suspected voting fraud on a scale big enough to swing a federal election is almost impossible and would in any case be detected.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:16 am

snaark wrote:Hoorah a smart answer!

So as I suspected voting fraud on a scale big enough to swing a federal election is almost impossible and would in any case be detected.

Most illegal voting fraud in 2016 for the Presidential election was for Trump...but it was very small. Like less than 10 people caught.

Most voter tampering in 2020 was for Trump, like the Postie in West Virginia that changed voter registration "for a prank" (he was arrested).

Most voter fraud in large US cities is done by Democratic party machines. There is a decent chance that the Chicago Mob handed JFK the election in 1960 but no concrete proof other than the hearsay of criminals who are now dead.

Those same criminals may have influenced Illinois results in 1968 after Nixon got chummy with the Teamsters, but that would not have swayed the election at all. Even if Humphrey would have carried Illinois he still would have lost.

George Wallace probably did more damage to Humphrey than the voter fraud in Illinois ever did.

There is precedent for the "voter fraud" claims you will hear about during the next 90 days or so, but except for JFK vs Nixon in 1960 (if that is even true) it has been minor on a national level.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:49 am

snaark wrote:MJK you *could* just try to use your brain instead of posting a link to some loony website.

Alphabet wrote:Or are you here to tell us that Stalin, Hitler, FDR and Mao were just nice guys who everyone loved?

Thank you for proving my point for me.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:36 am

Alphabet wrote:
snaark wrote:MJK you *could* just try to use your brain instead of posting a link to some loony website.

Thank you for proving my point for me.

Clearly it’s Mao. Only Asian.

Racist.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe