Finally, Jesus, A Travel Option ..Maybe

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Finally, Jesus, A Travel Option ..Maybe

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:32 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/08/27/nyc-to-lo ... uk-report/

Air Bridge!

I would love to get my masked face over to London with the wife.

Living in a place not over-run with diseased bikers returning from Sturgis has it's advantages...I hope.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Finally, Jesus, A Travel Option ..Maybe

Postby Alphabet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Bro....good luck.

We're getting hammered here by all the NYC geriatric crowd, and every redneck from 4 states at this point.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Alphabet wrote:Bro....good luck.

We're getting hammered here by all the NYC geriatric crowd, and every redneck from 4 states at this point.

New York State knows that the real "Florida Rednecks" are actually dudes from Long Island who followed their retired parents down there to sponge off them.

Lots drove down I-95 at the start of the Pandemic too. Our loss is your loss, but more so.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:50 am

I was supposed to have spent the month of May in the Cotswolds, but that fell by the wayside, obviously. Just don’t go to Ireland. Go to Liverpool and see Caliban.

Yes, NYC the least infected in all the nation. Good job. Smart people.

My son-in-law does a lot of business with the Amish. He says they’re pretty nonplussed by the virus, they don’t mask, but they’re a closed community. Maybe that mitigates their risk. Downstate most people don’t mask.

I read that the virus count is going up in Europe. Can you imagine if Boris had never caught it early on and ended up in ICU how bad it would be in England now? He was all in for herd-immunity, until he about died.

What will it be like here come winter?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:50 am

seektravelinfo wrote:I was supposed to have spent the month of May in the Cotswolds, but that fell by the wayside, obviously. Just don’t go to Ireland. Go to Liverpool and see Caliban.

My son-in-law does a lot of business with the Amish. He says they’re pretty nonplussed by the virus, they don’t mask, but they’re a closed community. Maybe that mitigates their risk. Downstate most people don’t mask.

I read that the virus count is going up in Europe. Can you imagine if Boris had never caught it early on and ended up in ICU how bad it would be in England now? He was all in for herd-immunity, until he about died.

NYC is going to see an uptick I am certain but about 90% of folks are masked even outside so it bodes that it won't be as bad as before.

The thing is a death count so massive that you can smell it tends to reduce the anti-masker bullshit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:49 am

seektravelinfo wrote:I was supposed to have spent the month of May in the Cotswolds, but that fell by the wayside, obviously. Just don’t go to Ireland. Go to Liverpool and see Caliban.

Least infected? LMFAO....Maybe, technically. Because they allowed the old fucking geriatric crowd to flee to Florida. And DeSantis was too fucking stupid to block all flights and traffic from NY.

"Smart people" my ass.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Travelling plenty here, but all work related with special permits - Halifax to Ottawa last week, in the high Arctic right now, Eastern States this week, North Africa next week... very complicated with the restrictions, with the risk of getting stuck just about anywhere
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe