As a Non American

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: As a Non American

Postby snaark » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Its ok for them to kill lefties but if it was reversed..17 year old black teenager getting chased by right wing counter protesters after he shot one of them and then shooting two more..That kid would not be alive right now for anyone to make fun of.

Not only would he be dead, he'd be a terrorist and all associated with him would be a terrorist network.

Alarming how many people find ways to vindicate a child vigilante with a military-style weapon shooting protesters. Even if the people he shot were rampant child molesters, it doesn't change the fact that there's something fundamentally fucked up about this.

Calling them brownshirts is not clickbait. November is going to be interesting.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Anyway, my conspiracy theory is that since the Right Wing is chock full of drug addled chumps who will believe quack cures and have a longing for "Strong Men" to help them. That, combined with their belief in Legal Exceptionalism for themselves and advocacy for violent agression towards opponents makes them easier to manipulate and use against their own interest as well as our country's interest.

That's my liberal lefty conspiracy theory.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:00 pm

snaark wrote:
Its ok for them to kill lefties but if it was reversed..17 year old black teenager getting chased by right wing counter protesters after he shot one of them and then shooting two more..That kid would not be alive right now for anyone to make fun of.

Not only would he be dead, he'd be a terrorist and all associated with him would be a terrorist network.

Alarming how many people find ways to vindicate a child vigilante with a military-style weapon shooting protesters. Even if the people he shot were rampant child molesters, it doesn't change the fact that there's something fundamentally fucked up about this.

It goes with the shitholing of the USA. In 2001 I was mugged by Child Soldiers in Ounaminthe Haiti. They were at the Dominican Border for "Protection". Now we have "Child Soldiers" in Kenosha that are being arrested, but lets face it, Butters is gonna get pardoned by Trump. (thus encoding the Legal Exceptionalism that the right demands)

USA will have child soldiers soon. Rapey, killey drug addled child soldiers and they will get younger.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Kurt wrote:If he was chased by rioters after not first shooting someone in the head, why was he charged with 1st degree murder, attempted 1st degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm by a person under the age of 18?
It is up to a prosecutor to decide what crimes to charge a defendant with. It is then up to them to convince a jury of those charges so as to reach a guilty or not guilty verdict. Police just arrest people.

In a perfect world, personal or public opinions, media attention or political affiliation shouldn't be at play in this process.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Kurt wrote: That's my liberal lefty conspiracy theory.
I'd blame it on watching too many John Wayne movies if those were still a thing.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:59 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote:If he was chased by rioters after not first shooting someone in the head, why was he charged with 1st degree murder, attempted 1st degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm by a person under the age of 18?
It is up to a prosecutor to decide what crimes to charge a defendant with. It is then up to them to convince a jury of those charges so as to reach a guilty or not guilty verdict. Police just arrest people.

In a perfect world, personal or public opinions, media attention or political affiliation shouldn't be at play in this process.

Usually a Prosocuter submits evidence to a Grand Jury and they decide.

Grand Jury's in the US are (thankfully) a medieval holdover from the old English Legal system. A Convened Grand Jury can pretty much decide to try anything and anyone even if the prosecutor did not submit a case for review. They can also review a case to double down on "innocent until proven guilty" by declaring that no reason has been found for trial even if no one brought up a reason.

So, lets say there is a conspiracy theory that I shot JFK 5 years before I was born. A convened grand Jury could review the "case" and find that since I was not born and possessed no method of time travel I could not have killed JFK in hopes of ending calls for my prosecution, should they arise.

Dates back to 1166 in England. The Catholic Church and the English Legal system as used in the USA are some of the oldest institutions in the world, though both have been modified many times, the core has remained the same.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Kurt wrote: The Catholic Church and the English Legal system as used in the USA are some of the oldest institutions in the world, though both have been modified many times, the core has remained the same.
French flavoured justice system over here.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby MJK » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:32 pm

Here is good footage of the first ever participant in the Kenosha Mile Shooting Challenge:

https://youtu.be/1ExCl8IAKu0

Here is Shadowgate:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1fxvKcGA3xyq/

Still think it is psychological op but cinematically speaking Yay for Kyle; nice gun handling. Shadowgate's creator Millie Weaver also has nice guns.

From Winterwatch; he's out there but video is video...

https://www.winterwatch.net/2020/08/the ... a-rioters/

Shout out to ROB, who I have on ignore but who cannot seem to return the favor. Love you, man.
Last edited by MJK on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:34 pm

I hope the kid gets tried as a minor.

Don't think he will though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Kurt wrote:
snaark wrote:

It goes with the shitholing of the USA. In 2001 I was mugged by Child Soldiers in Ounaminthe Haiti. They were at the Dominican Border for "Protection". Now we have "Child Soldiers" in Kenosha that are being arrested, but lets face it, Butters is gonna get pardoned by Trump. (thus encoding the Legal Exceptionalism that the right demands)

USA will have child soldiers soon. Rapey, killey drug addled child soldiers and they will get younger.

Trump can't pardon for state crimes.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:48 pm

snaark wrote:

Cannon Hinnant. Just the tip of the iceberg of black on white violent crime in America for decades. Oh I know..slavery and shit. Ok let's talk about the occupation of what we now know as Spain by blacks and arabs for over 700 years. And then the white slave trade continuing on for a lot longer. You want to go down this rabbit hole? I'm game.

Don't even know why I'm bothering, but you know.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Alphabet wrote:
snaark wrote:

Cannon Hinnant. Just the tip of the iceberg of black on white violent crime in America for decades. Oh I know..slavery and shit. Ok let's talk about the occupation of what we now know as Spain by blacks and arabs for over 700 years. And then the white slave trade continuing on for a lot longer. You want to go down this rabbit hole? I'm game.

Arab slavers raided Europe for sale to North Africa and elsewhere for hundreds of years. They often hired the Irish to raid Wales and England for slaves too.

What was unique about European enslavement of Africans was that it was hereditary. A slave child was a slave. Some places like Nepal (to this day) have the equivalent of Blood Libel but for debt, so children of slaves are born into slavery for a sometimes 4 generations or more and the reality is that someone is trying to keep them but the "Law" is slaves children cannot be slaves.

I think "our" system of slavery was different since it encouraged a whole economic system based on who you were born to. The US has a myth of social mobility but really it is shit compared to the rest of the western world and I do think that Slavery and who you were when you were born, where you were born does have an influence on this today.

We've discussed the Western tendency to want to destroy itself, which is a hard topic to fathom when were are in it. It's easy to see after the fact of WWI and WWII (why did we care about the Kaiser? Why did anyone care about the Kaiser?) and sometimes I think this, as we are experiencing it, will become apparent when it is too late. Perhaps thinking we are killing ourselves is also an example of us killing ourselves because we disagree on what is being killed or it's importance.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
snaark wrote:

Arab slavers raided Europe for sale to North Africa and elsewhere for hundreds of years. They often hired the Irish to raid Wales and England for slaves too.

What was unique about European enslavement of Africans was that it was hereditary. A slave child was a slave. Some places like Nepal (to this day) have the equivalent of Blood Libel but for debt, so children of slaves are born into slavery for a sometimes 4 generations or more and the reality is that someone is trying to keep them but the "Law" is slaves children cannot be slaves.

I think "our" system of slavery was different since it encouraged a whole economic system based on who you were born to. The US has a myth of social mobility but really it is shit compared to the rest of the western world and I do think that Slavery and who you were when you were born, where you were born does have an influence on this today.

We've discussed the Western tendency to want to destroy itself, which is a hard topic to fathom when were are in it. It's easy to see after the fact of WWI and WWII (why did we care about the Kaiser? Why did anyone care about the Kaiser?) and sometimes I think this, as we are experiencing it, will become apparent when it is too late. Perhaps thinking we are killing ourselves is also an example of us killing ourselves because we disagree on what is being killed or it's importance.

Oh...well that totally changes things. Whites deserve all the violence and slavery we've experienced. Thanks for informing me.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:39 pm

I am not trying to say black or white or what is deserved or not, but it was a different set up that the slave trades had.

We all agree being abducted sucks and being a slave sucks but if there was a European African community of people born slaves then not slaves anymore I think there would be some different social dynamics.

Perhaps more similar to what we have in the US today.

You said you wanted a rabbit hole, this is it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Kurt wrote:I am not trying to say black or white or what is deserved or not, but it was a different set up that the slave trades had.

We all agree being abducted sucks and being a slave sucks but if there was a European African community of people born slaves then not slaves anymore I think there would be some different social dynamics.

Perhaps more similar to what we have in the US today.

You said you wanted a rabbit hole, this is it.

Explain how Africans and black Americans don't get along then. Don't bullshit me. You and I have both been all over Nigeria. We both know how Africans feel about black Americans.

That does not change the fact that a lot of Europe has been under constant attack or occupation from either Africa or Arabia for ages. So, if some thug in Compton (which is mostly Hispanic now due to gentrification, or some POS in downtown ATL) gets to claim some sort of reparations for 400 or 40000 years or whatever stupid claim they can come up with, I'll do it better, and with fact.

As an aside.....ever consider how generations of Asians and Indians comes to the US, and their kids end up as doctors and lawyers? In this clearly racist society?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe