Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 am

Enjoyed the by (now older) new Dredd. Bit gritty. Sucks it didn't make enough money for a sequel.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Alphabet » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 am

el3so wrote:Enjoyed the by (now older) new Dredd. Bit gritty. Sucks it didn't make enough money for a sequel.

Dredd was actually very fucking good. So have the last what 3(?) Batman movies. None of these characters were supposed to be the Hollywood camp shit that their respective movies in the 90s were.

Same goes with Craig and the Bond flicks. Bond getting fucked up and hurt was amazing story telling, and a complete departure from the narrative. Made him more human.

Fury Road wasn't as bad as well. Despite all the herp derp from the MGTOW crowd about feminism, still took Max to save the day.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby el3so » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm

el3so wrote:Rake: not very subtle, not very funny but still entertaining
Okay, I spoke too soon, the dog fucker episode was hilarious.

Torrent crapped out on me for get out, heard it was good, maybe later.
3 episodes in, liked the last one best (haunted house)
Lovecraft Stories, scene of the white dude getting sodomised with a shoe is kind of on the nose but great skin-shifting visuals, I like that character btw. Maybe it's a slow burn, hope it isn't a mystery box, I can def see big nose guy reading in the dark room/cellar turning into a scholar of the dark arts (Lovecraft staple). Pale skin blue-eyed dandy/sorceress is the type of gender fluidity I could get behind ;-)
Hope this is my old pervy self speaking, not the wokeness finally getting through to me by being beamed into my eyeballs by those damned social justice mages...
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm

In Lovecraft Country, during the shoe scene...I was in a room filled with black women and I was wincing and they were laughing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport