The Brutal Hellscape that is now NYC

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The Brutal Hellscape that is now NYC

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 pm

I walked 3.8 miles from Flatbush to East New York.

This area is often said to be a "No Go" area and they are correct.

It is so Anarchist ridden that even little kids going to school are wearing masks!

Anyway, I had to walk to the bus depot and the rail yards for a forensics collection today. It was really pleasant. Saw one panhandler. That is probably because of the "Spare change" shortage more than the anything but it was quite far from lawless.

Saw two cops chatting with people in the parking lot of McDonalds. No one was murdering anyone.

I had to then take my forensic evidence to lower Manhattan and I rode a train for the first time since March. There was a guy with Tourrettes syndrome who would have a tick, then apologize and then have another tick and apologize. I could not tell if the apology was just part of the tick or not (his tick was he made a noise that sounded like a very cold diesel engine that was unable to start). When I got there I was happy to see there was no one around that stupid bull sculpture. Chinese people have polished the bull's testicles for some reason and it has become a tourist attraction both to see a bronze bull and to watch chinese people polish a bronze scrotum while smiling.

I did see two people who looked like they could be "Antifa" . They had a trained dog. One of those cattle dogs that are really clever. It would backflip on command and they had a "Donation Bowl" that was filled with just a gift card of some sort. They were also the only people who did not have masks on so perhaps thats why they only had a gift card.

The other day I talked to a high school friend of mine who now lives in Northern Wisconsin. He said he always wears a flag lapel and a mask when he goes out. He wears the mask because of COVID-19 and he wears the flag lapel to decrease his likelyhood of being the victim of violence for wearing a mask. He calls it his "Please don't shoot me pin" He is half joking since he would wear a flag lapel with a sport coat anyway but also half serious since there have been threats of violence to people in his area for wearing masks. They assume it is a signal that someone is "Liberal", which he is.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: The Brutal Hellscape that is now NYC

Postby ROB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Violence against people wearing masks?

That’s a special kind of dumb.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:09 am

ROB wrote:Violence against people wearing masks?

That’s a special kind of dumb.

Yep, a friend of mine who owns a local news "paper" there was recently told that she and her sister would be treated as "armed robbers" if they did not leave or take off their masks.

She has Lupus and her older sister has cancer, so they were going to leave mask-less land anyway but they got threatened before they could fully bail out though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:44 am

The thing is this potentially looks a bit like a turning point.

Redneck fucks are punishing the "thought crime" of wearing a mask.

BLM fucks are punishing the "thought crime" of daring not to actively support them.

I know both are fringe, but this is fairly new territory. And the idea to do so is spreading.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:45 am

Then again, I might just be watching too much shit on social media.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:57 am

Major, big time rally here in Florida today. Putin parachuted in with FSB and FOX news having cleared the LZ for him. Trump rolled up in a Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. B. Jared tied to the skirt. The hidden descendents of the 36. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS, provided local security, along with the KKK, and the Proud Boys.

I'm hearing reports of literally 17 million poor black kids who were just on their way to midnight Physics, or puppy dog rescue got lynched.

I have to make a public apology. I have been so wrong for so long. All the video of blacks burning down cities, beating white kids, ANTIFA going wild.....Clearly deep fake video after what I witnessed tonight.

Please accept my humble apologies.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:39 pm

ROB wrote:The thing is this potentially looks a bit like a turning point.

BLM fucks are punishing the "thought crime" of daring not to actively support them.

I know both are fringe, but this is fairly new territory. And the idea to do so is spreading.

Wow, color me surprised, I figured you would be idolizing those BLM fucks.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:The thing is this potentially looks a bit like a turning point.

Wow, color me surprised, I figured you would be idolizing those BLM fucks.

That’s because you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:44 am

What type of work do you do these days ?
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 am

Who you talking to?

Kurt is a computer guy.
Alphabet is a mall cop.
Tarkan was/is a management guy.
I run a yoga and wellness studio centered on self harmony and love.

You?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:52 am

I saw forensic evidence and my mind went elsewhere
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Devlin wrote:What type of work do you do these days ?

I am doing ICS / SCADA security for railway automation and power generation and transmission systems.

But...Since my "territory" is transportation and power systems when an a laptop used by an office drone gets infected with malware or the owner of the laptop faces disciplinary action due to "online activity" I have to go get it, sign chain of custody forms etc.

It's interesting work. I was hired after Trump killed that Iranian dude in Iraq since Iran started attacking the systems that I work with in retaliation. These days its mostly Chinese and Norks doing the attacks. The Russians have died down since mid-August.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Kurt wrote: I was hired after Trump killed that Iranian dude in Iraq since Iran started attacking the systems that I work with in retaliation. These days its mostly Chinese and Norks doing the attacks. The Russians have died down since mid-August.

Naah, haven’t you heard? It’s impossible to tell where the attack is from.

Twitter said so.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:21 am

Sad wow really of course it will come back again because it always does.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:45 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote: I was hired after Trump killed that Iranian dude in Iraq since Iran started attacking the systems that I work with in retaliation. These days its mostly Chinese and Norks doing the attacks. The Russians have died down since mid-August.

Naah, haven’t you heard? It’s impossible to tell where the attack is from.

Twitter said so.

Yep, sadly I was one of the ones saying that too.

But since about 2013 we have actually been catching up with an information gathering cybersecurity group and after dissemination they are released to people who must restrict them to their industry.

The thing is that Trump is dangerous. I mean even if he was not contagious he would literally be dangerous.
But luckily he is lazy. The presidents office, of course, has access to everything I have access to and a kajillion times more. When someone bad mouths the Russians the President's office does as much as possible to shut it down.

So, we speak in terms like "Threat Actors With Ties To the Russian State" which is accurate even if the Threat Actors are actually functioning in the interests of the Russian state.

It is akin to Bechtel and Halliburton. If Bechtel was building a road or Halliburton was building a refinery in Iraq after 2004 would anyone really say "No, that is just a private company doing Private company things..sure they have "ties" to the US Government but that doesn't mean shit.

No one said that.

Same with the Russians and their "Hacker Groups"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe