U.S. Constitution's representation of a modern democracy

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: U.S. Constitution's representation of a modern democracy

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:23 am

... he says while answering ROB's post...
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:02 am

sparrow wrote:https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/27/fareeds-take-republican-party-trump-election-gps-vpx.cnn

I don't think it's working in 2020. Thoughts?

Well, we aren't a democracy for starters. I'd suggest you wrap your head around that, come back and under that new found intelligence, make a logical post. Someone here will come back with the tried and old bullshit that the US is a "representative democracy", and they'll be wrong. Just like the retarded "Anarcho-Communists." Figure that one out.

I'll even do most of the heavy lifting for you. Look up separation of powers, and representation.

Pssst.....The Nazis and the KKK didn't write it all up. Just throwing you a bone there.

And it's my understanding that Barak is half white. And the white side of his family raised him. Which is pretty common. You never see old black grandparents raising half white kids. In this Neo Nazi white racist nation of ours.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:07 pm

We are not a Democracy in the Greek sense but we are a representative Democratic Republic.

Votes are supposed to count, that is why so much of an effort has been spent restricting the right to vote.

First it was male landowners, then it was free males, then from 1866 to about 1877 it was free black males, then back to free males again with various pushes to make sure the Jacksonian wing of the Southern US got to count landownership as being a bit more of a vote than being poor. Then women, then black men and women again...then pretty much brazen suppression of black votes from 2016 until now (Kentucky).

We are what we are and that includes the ability to change what we are, ideally by voting.

The Mitch McConnel wing thinks that blacks votes should be limited because they are "brainwashed" by the Democratic party (he has a point, Black Americans tend to be more conservative, more religious, opposed to abortion and anti-queer than a typical Democratic platform) so limiting their vote is reflective of how they should be voting.

So,if we are a Republic we should be working on limiting the vote to trusted, educated owners of businesses and recognized institutional participants like Educators, Military officers and local electors.

Who wants that?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:37 am

Greek democracy in like A.D. whatever < Bunch of pissed off, firearm owning guys 3 gabillion years later.

Love you bro. But you're comparing apples to volkswagens.

Let. Me. Break. It. Down. And I'm totally clapping my hands like the typical "African" American female who has to yell and screech because they need the attention. I'll grow some dreads and trash a MacDonalds in the process if that helps.

The overwhelming majority of Americans want to be.... Hand.....Clap. left the fuck alone.

NYC likes abortion and no firearms? Cool. Literally no one in the majority of the rest of the fucking country cares. Until the NYC'ers start telling us how we have to live our lives, and oh...we gotta pay for their choices as well.

I don't fucking care if some twat wants to have an abortion. For real. Her body, her choice. But women are stronger than men and all that shit, so they can pay their own way. Don't wan't to own a firearm? Ok, have fun being a pussy and calling the people you hate to come save your ass. Doesn't matter to me.

Just don't fuck with my rights. My body, my choice.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby ProzacElf » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 pm

> I don't fucking care if some twat wants to have an abortion. For real. Her body, her choice. But women are stronger than men and all that shit, so they can pay their own way

So uh, what is the point of overturning Roe v. Wade??

Other than rousing up all the Xtian Nationalists?
"Who says kids always grow up to be like their parents? Look at me, my parents were hard-working honest people!" --Futurama
ProzacElf

Postby denise » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 am

sparrow wrote:
denise wrote:perhaps you are not really representative of all Canadians.

really our being here has been so detrimental for you...

Please.

That's what you get from the original post? Asking for thoughts on the article and its speculation given the madness going on? You do know that the entire world is looking upon your country aghast right?

Just looking for a little inside insight.

what now one whiny snowflake speaks for the entire planet things really are worse than I thought.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:10 am

ProzacElf wrote:> I don't fucking care if some twat wants to have an abortion. For real. Her body, her choice. But women are stronger than men and all that shit, so they can pay their own way

So uh, what is the point of overturning Roe v. Wade??

Other than rousing up all the Xtian Nationalists?

Please provide an actual real movement to overturn RvW. Most rational people don't support it.

Also, and I have stated my view on women having the right to have abortions, where's the movement to let men out of paying for a kid they don't want? Men have rights as well. No?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 am

Kurt wrote:We are not a Democracy in the Greek sense but we are a representative Democratic Republic.

Votes are supposed to count, that is why so much of an effort has been spent restricting the right to vote.

First it was male landowners, then it was free males, then from 1866 to about 1877 it was free black males, then back to free males again with various pushes to make sure the Jacksonian wing of the Southern US got to count landownership as being a bit more of a vote than being poor. Then women, then black men and women again...then pretty much brazen suppression of black votes from 2016 until now (Kentucky).

We are what we are and that includes the ability to change what we are, ideally by voting.

The Mitch McConnel wing thinks that blacks votes should be limited because they are "brainwashed" by the Democratic party (he has a point, Black Americans tend to be more conservative, more religious, opposed to abortion and anti-queer than a typical Democratic platform) so limiting their vote is reflective of how they should be voting.

So,if we are a Republic we should be working on limiting the vote to trusted, educated owners of businesses and recognized institutional participants like Educators, Military officers and local electors.

Who wants that?

"Votes are supposed to count." Your words.

So explain to me, Kurt....How NYC/L.A./Portland/Chicago voters can tell the rest of the nation what to do? Or the reverse.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:We are not a Democracy in the Greek sense but we are a representative Democratic Republic.

Who wants that?

So explain to me, Kurt....How NYC/L.A./Portland/Chicago voters can tell the rest of the nation what to do? Or the reverse.

Local elections to decide on limits of enforcement of Federal policy that disagrees with the regional and geographical interest.

Like NYC being a gun control place because it chooses to be one. Areas should also choose whether they want to be an immigrant place or not either as long as Federal Laws are obeyed.

The Weed legalization has been a decent example. Commercial weed production and vendors have no rights in the neighborhoods where they are not wanted.

Oddly there is very little bitching on either side about the Non Democratic institutions that run our lives. Federal Reserve Money Policy for example.

Create inflation as stimulus and then creep everyone. Literally everyone but the highest tax bracket into a higher tax bracket with inflation that we do not vote for.

Only one who ever tried to address this is Ron Paul. Have not heard of word of it since 2008 though.

Foreign Aid. No one has ever voted on this. They have representatives sometimes vote for a boycott of certain countries or protests to demand aid to some countries stop while others increase but no one votes for it, even though we are affected directly by it with lives and money.

Generally people object to democracy when they do not like what it does, but it is always easier to scrap it rather than implement it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Alphabet wrote:

Who wants that?

In 15 years you'll move to Miami. Bitching about how fucked up NYC is. And then you'll vote the exact same way you did in NYC.

Rinse/Repeat.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:50 pm

hhahahaha...NYC is not fucked up at all.

It has it's problems but do you realize how sane it is compared the rest of the US? We dropped COVID-19 infections from corpse puddles in the street levels to, now, 2%. We consider 2% to be dangerously high too.

The shitty places in the US had a chance to say "whoa! look what is happening in NYC, we better prevent this!" but instead they did the opposite, because they are a crap festival of idiots. Whenever a sane person came along and tried to help someone plotted to kidnap them if the courts did not rule in their favor.

But we have a minor boom in Brooklyn real estate thanks to having a backyard and being cheaper than the Hamptons without the mookishness of the rest of Long Island, so as long as we can stay away from idiots we will be pretty well set.

NYC is so much not a shithole that European cities are actually considering an exemption on the ban of US citizens if they live in NY and fly out of JFK after taking a COVID-19 test. The rest of the US is viewed like a scabby leper in a Mad Magazine cartoon about the middle ages, but not New York. A while back it was considered that New York State would try to issue US passports that specified residence in New York State. I assume it failed because States cannot issue branded Federal Documents, and I understand that, but no one was going for the Indiana issued US Passport or the South Dakota issued US passport why? because if those places identified themselves they would be treated worse, less likely to be let into another country, more likely to be scorned by Canada.

Crime. Is. Low.

Its higher than it was but compare the NYC crime rate to Miami Violent crime is 263.2 per 100k people compared to Miami's 494.1. Miami has a staggering 3,123.4 property crime rate. I am surprised your computer is not being stolen as you read this, while NYCs is 703.7. That is over 4 times as high.

A caveat though, NYC's crime rate has gone up for 2020 but the only corresponding data for the two cities I found was 2018. so take that with whatever grain of salt you wish to apply but I am quite sure that we are not going to exceed Miami's violent crime rate and I am not sure anyplace exceeds it's property crime rate.

If I bail on NYC it will probably be to insane-er Wisconsin where my family is to save money if both the wife and I get permission to telecommute from anywhere, not just a 20 mile radius of NYC with our same pay rate.

Hell, if we can ever do that we will be able to have a summer place and a winter place. The winter place will not be in Florida though.

There is always a slim chance I will have to move to Jacksonville for work some day because that is where a lot of Railway signals are made.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm sure NYC is just fine and dandy according to the officials who say so. ,)
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Alphabet wrote:I'm sure NYC is just fine and dandy according to the officials who say so. ,)

And the people who have lived here for 25 years.

So yep.

We will be able to zip accross the Hudson via PATH train and buy legal weed by next year too.

The thing that will fuck me over, so I actually anticipate it, is that the relative boom in ICS Cybersecurity caused by the idiotic Trump's policy of antagonizing Iran while ignoring Russian threats could stop. Not that Biden will defund them but he is more likely to let people hire Indians in India to protect our infrastructure from cyber attacks. In 2 years I will probably be H1-B'd out of a job again.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:I'm sure NYC is just fine and dandy according to the officials who say so. ,)

So yep.

We will be able to zip accross the Hudson via PATH train and buy legal weed by next year too.

The thing that will fuck me over, so I actually anticipate it, is that the relative boom in ICS Cybersecurity caused by the idiotic Trump's policy of antagonizing Iran while ignoring Russian threats could stop. Not that Biden will defund them but he is more likely to let people hire Indians in India to protect our infrastructure from cyber attacks. In 2 years I will probably be H1-B'd out of a job again.

Iran? LMFAO. Don't worry Kurt....With Biden, we will absolutely have a bunch of White kids go die for Israel. No Persian ever called me White Boy/or Goy.

Russia? C'mon man.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:

So yep.

Iran? LMFAO. Don't worry Kurt....With Biden, we will absolutely have a bunch of White kids go die for Israel. No Persian ever called me White Boy/or Goy.

Russia? C'mon man.

Yep.

Russia.

Talking Cyber Attacks. I was hired initially cuz Trump killed that Quds guy in Baghdad and attacks against ICS/ SCADA systems jumped up. Russia is doing it too, but they slowed during the election. The Norks flair up when the Kim family needs to go shopping or something.

Basically anything TLP:White and Russia connected is upped to TLP:Green to reduce the chance Trump hears about it as he is known for being more critical of funding to agencies that tell him Russia is doing bad things.

China though is totally acceptable. Which is good because there is so much counterfeit Cisco stuff that is made in China and being sold by WMV subcontractors that it is a bitch to try to be NDAA 2019 and NDAA 2020 compliant without open communication and cooperation.

Of course what do I know? I only have a job in this field and have to review Threat Intelligence data from agencies dealing with Cybersecurity if Industrial Control Systems. I don't know shit, I only make stuff up cuz I am a biased snowflake.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe