Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby ROB » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:51 am

Whole new level of dipshittery right there.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:59 pm

There are some people in the US who think that wearing a mask is a way for powerful people to live out their sexual fetishes by seeing the hoi polloi all masked up.

I mean, I could understand that if someone said "In order to keep this pandemic under control everyone must wear a gimp suit and crab walk everywhere....DO IT NOW!!!"

There pretty much is always going to be a level of dipshittery that is another level of past dipshittery. Most likely it will be found in the US.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm

For fucks sake.

COVID has the mortality rate of a somewhat bad seasonal flu if you are under 70.

We don't shut down the world for the flu. It's insane that we are shutting everything down, multiple times, for something that has a 99.93% survival rate.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Tarkan wrote:For fucks sake.

COVID has the mortality rate of a somewhat bad seasonal flu if you are under 70.

We don't shut down the world for the flu. It's insane that we are shutting everything down, multiple times, for something that has a 99.93% survival rate.

No it isn't.

Long term effects?

If you catch it twice are you more likely to get worse or less likely.

We have a staggering death rate here. One habit I have is I read every obituary section of every paper I read, they are getting bigger in the Midwest. 270,000 is wayyyyy too high.

It seems that some sections of our society, the sections that want respect for their culture and their days of prayer and fasting also view a portion of our countrymen as disposable or an acceptable casualty.

I view COVID-19 as a war with a weapon but no enemy, or at least I think it should be viewed this way. If this was a bio-attack from someplace Vaccines and masks would be mandatory until the threat was over. I think that is how our national policy must be so we can over come the dangerous idiots who think that portions of our population are expendable.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Tarkan wrote: mortality rate of a somewhat bad seasonal flu if you are under 70
Sounds scientific but to boost credibility your claim needs more math.
Tarkan wrote: something that has a 99.93% survival rate
Perfect.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:52 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: mortality rate of a somewhat bad seasonal flu if you are under 70
Sounds scientific but to boost credibility your claim needs more math.
Tarkan wrote: something that has a 99.93% survival rate
Perfect.

Usually the "Math" is taking fatality rates from those who have covid and no "co-morbitities" and compare them with Influenza with co-morbidities.

Include both or subtract both and COVID-19 is obviously deadlier.

I mean, it is fill up morgues so there are tractor trailers to take the excess corpses deadlier.

Don't get that even in a bad flu year like 2010.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Tarkan's mathematical illiteracy aside, I've never known anyone to be laid up for a month by the flu. Or to have ongoing neurological symptoms months afterwards. At this point anyone who still thinks this is just like the flu probably doesn't have a very wide circle of friends.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:For fucks sake.

No it isn't.

Long term effects?

If you catch it twice are you more likely to get worse or less likely.

We have a staggering death rate here. One habit I have is I read every obituary section of every paper I read, they are getting bigger in the Midwest. 270,000 is wayyyyy too high.

It seems that some sections of our society, the sections that want respect for their culture and their days of prayer and fasting also view a portion of our countrymen as disposable or an acceptable casualty.

I view COVID-19 as a war with a weapon but no enemy, or at least I think it should be viewed this way. If this was a bio-attack from someplace Vaccines and masks would be mandatory until the threat was over. I think that is how our national policy must be so we can over come the dangerous idiots who think that portions of our population are expendable.

Oh please. Nursing home residents, on average, live less than 6 months. Without COVID.

So you have a patient with end stage heart disease, has had several heart attacks or strokes is diabetic, and bed-bound, and they die from a stroke or heart attack, but had COVID. It gets listed as a COVID death.

I don't think some portion of the population is expendable, but I do think people should be able to operate within their own risk parameters.

And, I hate to break it to you, but those cloth masks and surgical masks don't protect you. If anything, they make it more likely for you to get infected. They don't retard the passage of the virions, at all. They do, however, catch droplets from someone coughing or sneezing, allow the virus infused droplets to dry out, leaving dry, small viruses that can then be easily air lofted and breathed in through the porous masks into your upper respiratory system where it's prime infection territory.

Most people aren't running around with N95 and N99 masks which do provide some biological protection.

And even fewer people are following mask protocol - not adjusting their masks with dirty hands, not putting their fingers under the mask, reusing masks, etc.

It's all fucking theater. Just like strip searching grandma's at the airport because 19 Muslim males of fighting age hijacked planes and turned them into bombs one time.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Oh please. Nursing home residents, on average, live less than 6 months. Without COVID.

Jesus fucking christ, what's wrong with nursing homes in your neighbourhood?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:24 pm

I think you are thinking of Hospice for the place to live before you die Tarkan.

And masks do not really protect me, but they do protect others.

Compare mask wearing BLM protesters having a relatively low level of covid transmission compared to the Super Spreader White House event and that one Herman Caine killing rally. When you get a bunch of selfish cunts in a room together cheering on another selfish cunt, cunts will get sick and some cunts will die.

If you have some righteous mofos gathering to do righteous things like BLM who rallied while wearing masks you have a very low transmission rate, in spite of the fact that more people turned out at a BLM rally than turned out at the rally that killed Herman Caine.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:26 pm

Tarkan wrote: Nursing home residents, on average, live less than 6 months. Without COVID.
Go take a look inside of a nursing home, there's few if any people under 80 in them without multiple medical problems warranting the full time care. Are you calling that whole industry a waste of money and effort even aside from the pandemic? Same btw for people borne with or affected by lowered auto-immune systems, better throw them to the wolves after birth too like back in the day, waste of medicine and med care. Sucks for them but hey, they couldn't hack it anyway, tough sh!t etc
Tarkan wrote: I don't think some portion of the population is expendable
Unlike you I will admit I do.
Tarkan wrote: I do think people should be able to operate within their own risk parameters.
Bullshit.
People are stupid, physics are unforgiving, laws and regulations are all about risk and harm reduction. That's the reason you cannot buy bulldozers capable of driving 75 miles per hour but any dumb kid can go ahead and ride his motorbike without a helmet.
Tarkan wrote:And, I hate to break it to you, but those cloth masks and surgical masks don't protect you.
They are about not infecting others.
Tarkan wrote:And even fewer people are following mask protocol - not adjusting their masks with dirty hands, not putting their fingers under the mask, reusing masks, etc.
Again, people are stupid.
Tarkan wrote: It's all fucking theater
Yep, all those people confined to their homes, not allowed to gather unless following strict guidelines in a time of transmittable disease it's all theater.

Or are you only talking about the mask measures?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Kurt wrote: Compare mask wearing BLM protesters having a relatively low level of covid transmission compared to the Super Spreader White House event and that one Herman Caine killing rally. When you get a bunch of selfish cunts in a room together cheering on another selfish cunt, cunts will get sick and some cunts will die.

NYC sources confirm anti-fa engineered the kung-flu!
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Well ,fuck me......All those years of training with MOPP gear, in hot an shitty places.......And all it really takes it like 2 ply shit wipes to protect oneself from the next Blaque (Can't say "Black" because raciss an sheeeeeeiiiit) plague. Marked "not for surgical use" mind you.

But St Fauci knows best, and the Tardis and Camel Toe are like legit microbiologists. 100 days of wearing a mask and we'll all be fine.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:38 am

[quote="Kurt"]There are some people in the US who think that wearing a mask is a way for powerful people to live out their sexual fetishes by seeing the hoi polloi all masked up.

I mean, I could understand that if someone said "In order to keep this pandemic under control everyone must wear a gimp suit and crab walk everywhere....DO IT NOW!!!"

There pretty much is always going to be a level of dipshittery that is another level of past dipshittery. Most likely it will be found in the US.[/quote]

I went to my bank branch in the grocery store in my neighborhood couple years back pre-Covid. There was a sign posted that customers must remove hoodies and sunglasses. I guess this was a bank robbery prevention measure. I thought of this when this whole pandemic thing with the masks started. I figured there’d be a lot of wipepo getting squirrelly about young black men entering banks and retail establishments with a mask or bandana covering half their face.

As someone 65 years old, it’s annoying at best and chilling at worst when I hear people so cavalierly dismiss the Covid deaths of older people, as if every boomer is now fungible low-hanging fruit.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:36 am

Tarkan wrote:We don't shut down the world for the flu.

Imagine thinking wearing a mask is "shutting down the world."

Whole new level of dipshittery right there.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe